Latency problems on Japan realm

"
Fruz wrote:
So ... Japanese gateways are getting shit because ... "Russia telecom providers are moving more and more of their traffic to be routed through Western Russia" ?

wut ?

And the worst part is, often the GUI is not even properly displaying this ...

Why with WTFast i can play with 40ms then? Why i can play Rocket League and BF1 with 40ms? I dont believe this GGG answer.
Last edited by An4LPunishment on Jun 12, 2019, 10:03:21 PM
"
Exile above said that his ISP told him that problem isnt on their side. I will post last GGG tech support answer:

Spoiler
Hi there,

Thanks for getting back to us.

One of our server admins has let us know the following about this issue:

"We currently have two providers for the Japan gateway, IBM and Unity. We're currently moving away from IBM to Unity servers, and it looks like the route to the Unity servers for these players is less than optimal.

Anecdotally, this is because Russia telecom providers are moving more and more of their traffic to be routed through Western Russia (Moscow, etc). It's up to these ISPs to route correctly, but I think these changes are intentional due to new policy. I suspect it is only a matter of time until the IBM servers are affected by this as well.

They would need to take this up with their ISP."

I realise that this may be frustrating to hear and we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any other questions or concerns however please let us know.

Kind regards,
Nav

P.s. может кому будет интересно, вчера играл на Москве с пингом 110-120 с режимом сети "синхронизация" и, на мое удивление, совсем не чувствовал задержку: все прожималось в ту же миллисекунду, как это делал я, меня не возвращало назад уже мертвым, да и самих лагов сервера практически не было, чего нельзя было сказать несколько лиг назад. В общем, никакого дискомфорта от игры я не ощущал. Я это всё к тому, что, может быть, кто-то уже отчаялся и решил бросить эту лигу. Попробуйте поиграть так же, может быть, и вам будет достаточно комфортно играть. Для меня это пока лучший вариант.

The answer you got from GGG is just a copy and past answer. They said exactly the same thing to me:

GGG email to me:

Spoiler
"
Hi there,

Thanks for your patience.

One of our server admins has come back to us with the following:

"Not sure how much we can actually assist here.

We currently have two providers for the Japan gateway, IBM and Unity. We're currently moving away from IBM to Unity servers, and it looks like the route to the Unity servers for these players is less than optimal.

Anecdotally, this is because Russia telecom providers are moving more and more of their traffic to be routed through Western Russia (Moscow, etc). It's up to these ISPs to route correctly, but I think these changes are intentional due to new policy. I suspect it is only a matter of time until the IBM servers are affected by this as well.

They would need to take this up with their ISP. Whether or not they would be receptive, I can't say."

I hope this helps, although I realise that this may not be the answer you were hoping for. If you have any other questions or concerns please let us know.

Kind regards,

I told them in a reply they were wrong. It's been said several times that nothing on the ISP end has changed. It's nothing to do with our ISPs it's their new provider.

Moreover, I spoke to Chris and asked him to get support to stop telling people it's an ISP issue.

GGG are trying to use the upcoming Sovereign Internet law to justify their decision to use a provider that doesn't directly support peering between Vladivostok and Tokyo.

Edit: I suspect, this conversation is also playing a part in this response. However, notice what Google says and then notice it's somehow blamed on the ISP.
Last edited by Kellog on Jun 12, 2019, 10:42:18 PM
"
Fruz wrote:
So ... Japanese gateways are getting shit because ... "Russia telecom providers are moving more and more of their traffic to be routed through Western Russia" ?

wut ?

And the worst part is, often the GUI is not even properly displaying this ...

I suspect the issue in Japan for Japanese users is probably something different.

Another user indatent, who has posted in this thread and also in his own posted some latency traces that show the average latency is actually ok.

You'll notice the tok-m.speedtest.pathofexile.com is quite different to the tok.speedtest.pathofexile.com this is because the 'm' route is the new provider.

Really, it would help for Japanese users to see what IP addresses they're connecting to what they change instance.
here is my WinMTR result

tok.speedtest.pathofexile.com
https://pastebin.com/Ku0Eixhw

tok-m.speedtest.pathofexile.com
https://pastebin.com/D0zLMwXH

I'm live in tokyo, lag issue is real
Nearly unplayable with JP gateway, even connecting from Tokyo
Pls GGG, really need some investigation our gateways

Multiposted for visibility : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2511950
Sorry about this
If you see this, docLeave
ikenath, I don't see any network issue in those MTRs. Are you experiencing high latency, or general lag?

Regarding Eastern Russia, the latest update from our provider is:
"
We've had feedback from the data center regarding this they are going to start working to get this pathing made available via the Tok-Rus submarine line.

There is no ETA on this as of yet as they need to reach out and make a peering request before however we should know a more solid time frame either later today or tomorrow.
Why does it have to have anything to do with Russia ?

If I am choosing the Japanese server from my login screen ( I live in Japan ), I am expecting to connect directly to the Japanese gateway.

If if goes through other countries, then FFS do NOT display "Japan" as the current gateway and actually show something relevant information instead.

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
ikenath, I don't see any network issue in those MTRs. Are you experiencing high latency, or general lag?

"
We've had feedback from the data center regarding this they are going to start working to get this pathing made available via the Tok-Rus submarine line.

There is no ETA on this as of yet as they need to reach out and make a peering request before however we should know a more solid time frame either later today or tomorrow.

Hi Fitzy, thank you for response
I'm experiencing both high latencn and huge lag-spike
I have another WinMTR result against to 2 different map instance
idk its useful, but i want to share just in case

https://pastebin.com/rN5KYqcK
https://pastebin.com/Jz6ZSv9z
If you see this, docLeave
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:

[quote]We've had feedback from the data center regarding this they are going to start working to get this pathing made available via the Tok-Rus submarine line.

[/quote]

This is very good news. Thank you.
"
Fruz wrote:
Why does it have to have anything to do with Russia ?

If I am choosing the Japanese server from my login screen ( I live in Japan ), I am expecting to connect directly to the Japanese gateway.

This thread was created by someone reporting high latency from East Russia to the Tokyo gateway.

"
If if goes through other countries, then FFS do NOT display "Japan" as the current gateway and actually show something relevant information instead.

I'm not sure what you mean here.
My mistake about the russian part, somehow I managed to miss it in the opening and kept following other people's post ( people living in Japan, who are having latency issues just like me ).

"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean here.

I wish I could find the thread that I created a while ago explaining the problem more in detail ( is there a function of on the forum to search threads created by a specific user ? because I sure have not found it in the search engine of this forum ).

Basically, I always choose the Japanese gateway ( as it is the closest, ~30 ms ping ), and often, after loading the game to a different area than where I was previously in, my ping is significantly higher for no apparent reason ( ping corresponding to the Singaporean gateway, ~130+ ) while still displaying "Japan" in the top right panel, which seems to be awefully wrong.

Often, if I have the luxury to load out and in that area several times ( same instance ), if I get lucky I get back to my 'normal' ~30 ms ping instead of ~130+ eventually, so it is not instance related.

On top of that, recently, I have just big shutter/lags out of nowhere that make my ping indicator move a little bit, but nowhere near what is actually happening as I am getting significant spikes of lags.

Those are likely two problems unrelated to each other I guess, but they both make the game unplayable quite quickly.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info