Latency problems on Japan realm

It looks like your ISP is peering through Europe rather than through a more direct route to get outside of Russia. You will need to raise this with their support.

I think there might be intentional changes on their end to prefer peering and routing through Russian infrastructure, which is unfortunately in the west.
I've asked our host to see if they can get any info.

The Korean launch was coincidentally at the same when we were increasing the Japan realm's capacity for the Legion launch. The new capacity is with our new hosting partner, which would have made this problem more apparent.

I need to update the target that displays the latency at the login screen, since it's not going to be accurate anymore.
Yes - I expect this to be the case. The gateway is relatively empty at the moment, so you're being put on to one of the few servers on the other route.
Can I grab a fresh MTR? They've made some changes, but I don't think they have fixed anything and want to relay that back to them.

You can run it against 103.102.160.138
ikenath, I don't see any network issue in those MTRs. Are you experiencing high latency, or general lag?

Regarding Eastern Russia, the latest update from our provider is:
"
We've had feedback from the data center regarding this they are going to start working to get this pathing made available via the Tok-Rus submarine line.

There is no ETA on this as of yet as they need to reach out and make a peering request before however we should know a more solid time frame either later today or tomorrow.
"
Fruz wrote:
Why does it have to have anything to do with Russia ?

If I am choosing the Japanese server from my login screen ( I live in Japan ), I am expecting to connect directly to the Japanese gateway.

This thread was created by someone reporting high latency from East Russia to the Tokyo gateway.

"
If if goes through other countries, then FFS do NOT display "Japan" as the current gateway and actually show something relevant information instead.

I'm not sure what you mean here.
Keeping you updated: the datacenter reports that it will be a few more days before they can get this new route in.

Additionally, we've made some general improvements to the gateway to hopefully reduce the performance issues people are currently experiencing.
The datacenter reports that the new routing should be in place now. Is there an improvement?
Yeah, unfortunately google are not as accommodating. Last time I raised this with them, they said:

"
The latency that your clients are experiencing is normal as the Russian Internet Service Provider (ISP) Rostelecom route their traffic from Vladivostok to Moscow since they have a peering with Google there. The traffic then moves back towards Japan from Moscow through Google network which takes a significant time as google does not have connections through Russia.
In this case, as Rostelecom peers with google in Europe, the best solution for serving Rostelecom customers from GCP is to serve them from instances located in Europe.
I'm having the provider look into this again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info