Latency problems on Japan realm

So 200ms for Japan gateway will be forever soon?
"
So 200ms for Japan gateway will be forever soon?

Unless the new provider changes the way they route the traffic to Japan or unless GGG comes up with another option, we're screwed.

My hope is things will change, as I've provided GGG with some information on possible hosting providers in RU Far East, but whether or not anything comes of that...
SO MANY PROBLEMS HERE GGG

LATENCY PROBLEM IS A VERY SERIOUS PROBLEM FOR US.
Same problem here.
The latency is so unstable after 3.7, it is unplayable.
The same problem over here, Far East Russia as well
ISP (Rostelecom) said that problem isn't on their side

You guys can use mudfish.net instead of WTFast, it is much cheaper, got much more servers over the world and use pay per traffic system by default which is great. But yeah, its might be not stable as direct connection.

UPD: and yeah, like the player below mentioned about servers lag, I've had that too even over Mudfish, for example after I've done like a half of the map then suddenly latency jumped to 1000-1600ms each time I jump and kill a monsters pack, and when I opened a breach my game just froze until breach is closed

when i started getting such a horrible lag i took IP address of current server from log file and started pinging it aand ping statistics will show the true ping

"

Ping statistics for 43.251.183.206:
Packets: Sent = 59, Received = 57, Lost = 2 (3% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 58ms, Maximum = 60ms, Average = 58ms

I don't feel like playing until it get fixed...
Last edited by kuroikyuuketsuki on Jun 12, 2019, 10:22:55 AM
Huge latency issues here as well, live in Saitama (Right next to Tokyo).
Usually get 8ms but lately I've been getting constant spikes to 70-150 and even 400 at times.. The spikes cause the lockstep to start up and desync as well.

I've also made a thread with no reply..hopefully it gets fixed soon
Daily, keep this issue on the radar, bump.
I had similar issues couple of months ago, and even before that (I hope I'll find the thread later ) ...
It's gotten pretty bad recently, and usually I just finish what I'm doing when it happens and just ... stop the game, beause nop ... no.
Playing HC, I probably should just stop right away, but it happens way too often at the moment.

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jun 12, 2019, 9:35:38 PM
Exile above said that his ISP told him that problem isnt on their side. I will post last GGG tech support answer:

Spoiler
Hi there,

Thanks for getting back to us.

One of our server admins has let us know the following about this issue:

"We currently have two providers for the Japan gateway, IBM and Unity. We're currently moving away from IBM to Unity servers, and it looks like the route to the Unity servers for these players is less than optimal.

Anecdotally, this is because Russia telecom providers are moving more and more of their traffic to be routed through Western Russia (Moscow, etc). It's up to these ISPs to route correctly, but I think these changes are intentional due to new policy. I suspect it is only a matter of time until the IBM servers are affected by this as well.

They would need to take this up with their ISP."

I realise that this may be frustrating to hear and we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any other questions or concerns however please let us know.

Kind regards,
Nav

P.s. может кому будет интересно, вчера играл на Москве с пингом 110-120 с режимом сети "синхронизация" и, на мое удивление, совсем не чувствовал задержку: все прожималось в ту же миллисекунду, как это делал я, меня не возвращало назад уже мертвым, да и самих лагов сервера практически не было, чего нельзя было сказать несколько лиг назад. В общем, никакого дискомфорта от игры я не ощущал. Я это всё к тому, что, может быть, кто-то уже отчаялся и решил бросить эту лигу. Попробуйте поиграть так же, может быть, и вам будет достаточно комфортно играть. Для меня это пока лучший вариант.
Last edited by An4LPunishment on Jun 12, 2019, 9:59:09 PM
So ... Japanese gateways are getting shit because ... "Russia telecom providers are moving more and more of their traffic to be routed through Western Russia" ?

wut ?

And the worst part is, often the GUI is not even properly displaying this ...
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info