Cyclone

to all of those who are saying this skill sucks, PLEASE

use Faster Attacks (hits like 5 times on single enemy)
use quicksilver flask when using cyclone (unlimited charges coz it refills everyhit!)
use mana leech unlimited cyclone =D

so far enjoying it. doing 1213 DPS cyclone and im only lvl 48 =))

PS: using facebreaker =)
IGN: NukerDeath
Last edited by Nukerdeath on Mar 12, 2013, 10:04:46 PM
it doesn't work with my high physical damage build. Sure I can cyclone through mobs all day, but damage is really low.

But I would like to make a build taking advantage of extra attack speed passives, dual wield, and 2.00 speed weapons with lots of flat elemental damage passives, with catalyze. I'm thinking it can be extremely powerful if done this way. But I don't have the gear for it nor want to use my templars passive reset for it. I really think that someone can come up with a solid build for this, but I don't understand why they can't balance the skill so that it can be effective for a physical or ele or what not. Some interesting ideas from people from elemental status effects, kind of has me curious as well, but maybe the build will need insane amount of passives to work. Still interested to see what people can come up with. But maybe i take this all back because it seems to reduce the added ele damage dramatically................. So I dunno what they plan for this skill. I thought sweep and cleave overall were fairly weak attacks, but they go and make this which is much worse, and for a slow weapon you can't really keep up with the mana cost.

I noticed no changes to aoe size when using increased aoe. Also noticed concentrated effect did boost it's damage, but range still seemed same small range as with increased aoe. I also have the +2 passive, I just don't know if things are working or not.

"
Exiledtyrant wrote:

has anyone gotten concetrated effect to work btw? I'd like to know before I buy one.

This is what I wanna know as well. I also asked if the raius of the attk is affected by concentrated effects, but in Mark's comment on page 1, he mentions that its an AOE skill affected by increas AOE radius mods, but it's radius is based on the weapon..

so confused...
"
Kalsifer wrote:
Fun doesn't mean it's good, I did a docks run in about 4-6 minutes with Cleave, and did another run with near max Cyclone and it took about 14 minutes.

yeah right, you almost max leveld cyclone within a few hours.

gtfo
Live Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/menthur
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CMenthur
"
ChocolateDrop wrote:
"
Exiledtyrant wrote:

has anyone gotten concetrated effect to work btw? I'd like to know before I buy one.

This is what I wanna know as well. I also asked if the raius of the attk is affected by concentrated effects, but in Mark's comment on page 1, he mentions that its an AOE skill affected by increas AOE radius mods, but it's radius is based on the weapon..

so confused...

Think it is bugged atm. Conc effect increases its damage, but I didn't notice aoe changes with everything i tried.
"
Nukerdeath wrote:
to all of those who are saying this skill sucks, PLEASE

use Faster Attacks (hits like 5 times on single enemy)
use quicksilver flask when using cyclone (unlimited charges coz it refills everyhit!)
use mana leech unlimited cyclone =D

so far enjoying it. doing 1.3k DPS cyclone and im only lvl 48 =))

Yeaaaah..... bs.
Running Docks at 76 with it. Bad range, HORRIBLE control, meh damage. Just asking to cancel out on a edge or wall and get Voidbearer beat down.
Seems pretty shit no matter what i try but will wait till it levels some more might be good with claw/shield but useless for duel wield or physical melee builds
Abyssus Crit Cleave - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/381106
"
"
Kalsifer wrote:
I wish it didn't have the movement portion, I think I'd be a lot more useable if you just held right click and spun in place.

Agree so much... I would use it all day every day if I could just spin in place forever. Even if it did shit damage.

In my opinion this is how the skill should work. hold skill button down to spin, and move your mouse to move around. any reason it was not done this way?
"
artemis42 wrote:
This skill is a death trap and I can't see anyone ever using it; too much risk for such little reward. To improve it, I'd add the following:

Raises a dust cloud which reduces the chance to be hit by n%.

^^ brilliant, imo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info