Cyclone

"
SEOINAGE wrote:

Think it is bugged atm. Conc effect increases its damage, but I didn't notice aoe changes with everything i tried.

I doubt it is bugged. It is AOE, but it is just a small AOE. 4 range is right next to your character. 6 range with the +2 passive isn't much further. Get out cleave (range 20), and alternate between cleaves and regular attacks; it really isn't a big difference.

You probably just aren't noticing your range fall from 6 to 4 with conc effect. I put a 2H (range 5) on my witch with +AOE nodes and +AOE quality gem for +68% and it really isn't that large at all. You may as well forget that it is an AOE skill. It is all about fast attacks.

A question for Mark... does the range round?
Last edited by Chypre on Mar 12, 2013, 10:21:53 PM
"
predicament1 wrote:
There is something seriously wrong with this skill. I am repeatedly getting 2 shot as a lvl 73 Marauder against easy mobs. I just went to Cyclone into 2 Magic lvl 62 mobs and they killed me in 2 hits. I came back and just to test I stood there while one ran over to me and started attacking. It barely scratched me as my regeneration is 200 health per second. I can solo maps no problem I cannot even imagine how I can die in Battlefield to 2 magic mobs...

Using it in this weapon with 1455 dps. My HP is 3200 and it doesn't seem to matter if I have Molten Shell on or not for 5k armor or 10k armor.

W.T.F. goodbye to seeing 74 tonight.
I feel your pain
Ugh.

Another melee skill that's classified as an AoE.

Another melee skill that's going to be best used with flat elemental damage, zero physical damage, and the AoE radius passives in the caster end of the skill tree.

I was really hoping GGG would respect the fact that physical damage and the lower half of the passive tree needs some purpose. There are so painfully few melee builds that actually stick to the marauder/duelist area because it's simply better, absurdly enough, to take a melee skill and completely ignore physical damage in favor of small bits of elemental damage that can be amplified to abusive numbers.

Physical damage needs a boost and I frankly thought Cyclone would be the wrapping for it. At this point, physical damage is a complete joke and there literally isn't an existing viable build that doesn't at least convert over half of its physical damage into elemental. Elemental damage is so vastly superior to physical that the only way to pretend to play melee is to convert your shitty physical damage into magical sparkly damage so you can compete with the wizards.

And Cyclone is another example of this.

yep.
Live Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/menthur
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CMenthur
"
rsthrsdj wrote:
i think it is similar to incinerate. very high attack speed.
maybe you need take shock node. and do anything with hit effect.

lol

funny when people say to use shock with stuff that has 20% dmg effectiveness.

have fun shocking white mobs woopdifuckingdoo
ign = ultrahiangle
"
Jakabov wrote:
Ugh.

Another melee skill that's classified as an AoE.

Another melee skill that's going to be best used with flat elemental damage, zero physical damage, and the AoE radius passives in the caster end of the skill tree.

I was really hoping GGG would respect the fact that physical damage and the lower half of the passive tree needs some purpose. There are so painfully few melee builds that actually stick to the marauder/duelist area because it's simply better, absurdly enough, to take a melee skill and completely ignore physical damage in favor of small bits of elemental damage that can be amplified to abusive numbers.

Physical damage needs a boost and I frankly thought Cyclone would be the wrapping for it. At this point, physical damage is a complete joke and there literally isn't an existing viable build that doesn't at least convert over half of its physical damage into elemental. Elemental damage is so vastly superior to physical that the only way to pretend to play melee is to convert your shitty physical damage into magical sparkly damage so you can compete with the wizards.

And Cyclone is another example of this.

Totally agree, first check physical dmg vs elemental dmg at general builds and than fix desync, than fix melee role's damage taken at high end game lvls. After those we can play melee at endgame. Otherwise its unbalanced vs la builds -.-
"
ultrahiangle wrote:
"
rsthrsdj wrote:
i think it is similar to incinerate. very high attack speed.
maybe you need take shock node. and do anything with hit effect.

lol

funny when people say to use shock with stuff that has 20% dmg effectiveness.

have fun shocking white mobs woopdifuckingdoo
you mean 1.1667 (exactly) times listed on gem... you forgot the 1.8*1.8*1.8 part of the *0.2
Can you guys say your weapon, and your dps, and with or without conc.

With those and no conc, I only have 400 cyclone now.
Cyclone linked to FA, Added Cold and LoH.

Using a slow ass 2H Karui maul, (obviously can't link it), the tool tip says just over 800 dps.

OB: BazzVone - 83 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI and minions
CB: BazzVfourteen - 80 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI
CB: BazzVtwo - 73 Dual Spork Totem/LS Templar
CB: BazzVseven - 76 Lightning Strike Mara
CB: BazzVfive - 78 Lightning Strike Mara
"
predicament1 wrote:
There is something seriously wrong with this skill. I am repeatedly getting 2 shot as a lvl 73 Marauder against easy mobs. I just went to Cyclone into 2 Magic lvl 62 mobs and they killed me in 2 hits. I came back and just to test I stood there while one ran over to me and started attacking. It barely scratched me as my regeneration is 200 health per second. I can solo maps no problem I cannot even imagine how I can die in Battlefield to 2 magic mobs...

Using it in this weapon with 1455 dps. My HP is 3200 and it doesn't seem to matter if I have Molten Shell on or not for 5k armor or 10k armor.

W.T.F. goodbye to seeing 74 tonight.

Lightning Thorns..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info