Cyclone

after the aoe balance it feels like it doesnt even affect cyclone,

i get its a melee skill and that it shouldent hit screen wide but right now even with the slayer aoe nodes it barly exeeds the visual spin effect if it issnt even less then that

this might need some looking into
Cyclone's pathing needs fixed severely bad.

I rely on cyclone to leech life to survive in high level maps, and in cave maps and maps with stairs the cyclone pathing is awful. The skill stops casting FAR too often and at any obstruction. The skill just feels clunky because of this and I've died several times due to it. Rather than stopping the second you hit an object you can't cyclone through, the character should continue to cyclone but be automatically pathed around it via the closest available path.
"
uffert wrote:
after the aoe balance it feels like it doesnt even affect cyclone,

i get its a melee skill and that it shouldent hit screen wide but right now even with the slayer aoe nodes it barly exeeds the visual spin effect if it issnt even less then that

this might need some looking into

You should try it with facebreakers Lol with every AOE available to the marauder AND a 20/20 AOE gem the mobs have to be almost inside the character model to hit and if you dont take any aoe passives and use a conc effect you can move through the centre of packs and hit nothing its quite amusing TBH.

"Blue warrior shot the food"
Yep facebreaker cyclone basically removed from being a build, sometimes usable as pure single target.

RIP my oldest and dearest build that I made in tempest league T_T

better off playing it like an afk build now since reckoning clears cleaner and faster lol

or use power creep gems like shield charge and fucking melee totems
1. My build heavily relies on leeching life from enemies (leech + life on hit), and requires me to constantly hit the enemies to stay alive in heavy fights.
2. My primary offensive skill is Cyclone.
3. Cyclone often stops working when path is blocked (wall/chest/whatever).
4. Cyclone stopped -> leeching stopped -> high risk of dying (especially in high-level breaches, etc.).
5. Dying cause of bugged skill mechanics is EXTREMELY annoying.

FIX proposal: make Cyclone work in-place when movement path is blocked.
Hey, we will see patching fix with 3.0.0!!! Awesome news!
NANI
While I'm glad cyclone is having it's pathing improved, I can't stop but feel the skill is incredibly hard to justify using due to it's incredibly low AOE.

Also hope new bleed mechanics help cyclone's single target for the traditional 2H RT phys builds, as it is my favourite skill and I can't justify using it after prophecy/tempest days (not sure when it started to feel weak).

I really hope cyclone get's some love, it's so many ppl's favourite skill, it needs to be GOOD now that it seems it will also be more fun!

Can anybody tell me how Manacost worlks?
Is it per second i move while cyclone is on, or the distance or every click?
I always LOVED the idea of a cylcone like ability. I loved the idea since they introduced it back in D2, a game I played an extreme amount. But I never liked playing Whirlwind, because of how it worked. Locking you to a position. Then come the POE version, which sadly is the same, and has also never caught my eye.

D3. While not being an awesome game like POE, the Whirlwind skill was my favorite in the game, and feels like I always thought a skill like this should feel and play like.

I think being locked to a position, makes the skill only being played in certain ways, making the build diversity with it limited. Slow attacking, I treid it where I only hit once and sometimnes didn't even hit when I whirlwinded. (Had so I always hit target so not accuracy, I used two rings that slows attack speed and got no attack speed on gear.) So having low attack speed is bad since first attack is worse. + if you have really low and don't do great enough of a spin, you don't even do damage at all.

The skill feels very outdated to me, you are locked to a bad position if you misclick or click to a place that seemed to be fine, but something then happened, an enemy cast something at that position, but you are LOCKED to gong there. Which feels counterintuitive. You should be able to move if your reaction time is good enough.

If anyone of the devs took the time to read this, thanks alot. And I hope to some day play with a skill like the Whirlwind in D3, in the amazing world and game that is POE. <3
Last edited by Schmidter on Jun 4, 2017, 4:23:00 PM
"
xXSylarXx2 wrote:
Can anybody tell me how Manacost worlks?
Is it per second i move while cyclone is on, or the distance or every click?

Currently, it is per skill use (click), which is the exact same as per full distance traveled. The design intention between this appears to be that you have to make choices about risk vs. reward: Lock yourself in for a long path for lower Mana spent per second, or click near your character for lots of maneuverability at the cost of much higher Mana spent per second.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info