Cyclone

Will cyclone change to be a channelled skill?
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Pathing on Cyclone is awful. Object/Wall collision should not be stopping the skill from functioning. It should be a simple matter to fix it - and with all the patches and expansions they keep releasing you would think it would be addressed. Its absurd to stop mid spin every time you touch any solid object. Love the skill but that is really frustrating.

FIX THIS PLEASE. LET THE SKILL PATH THE SAME WAY MOVEMENT WORKS AND NOT GET HUNG UP ON WALLS AND OBJECTS.

Take one look at how Cyclone deals with areas like the Imperial Gardens and see how silly and problematic cyclone collision is.
Last edited by Velocifero on Aug 20, 2016, 1:05:02 PM
first cyclone was trashed to not make it the go-to trigger skill (coc and such / minimum range change) and then completely unjustified added 50% less damage every roughly half a second atleast once you have attack/movementspeed, if not more often

it was once a top tier skill, now you shouldnt even touch it since you still need massive mana/leech or bloodmagic to even use it... please revert the less damage change :/
I would love to see Cyclone as a Channeled Skill.
Just make it the following

Mana Cost: 8 (12->8)
Cast Time: 1.00 sec

Attack, AoE, Movement, Melee
Deals 45-56.4% of Base Attack Damage
50% more Attack Speed
30% less Movement Speed

Use the move function as the base of the skill, which takes care of pathing issues.
Remove the first hit, make it attacks/sec based on Attack Speed.
Since it's now attacks/sec, damage can be balanced based on that.

I can't see any possible drawbacks for current builds considering the only real effect change would be regarding effects that trigger on initial skill use.
The only build that could be affected would be Kitava's Thirst Builds, but there are numerous other skills that would be better for this purpose, including whirling blades.

For reference, the new version can be compared with blade flurry
~60% of the damage of blade flurry (2H cyclone vs Dual wield max stack flurry)
Less attacks/s (blade flurry will be new dual wield CoC skill)
Less/Similar AoE to Blade Flurry
Can move during skill. (Blade flurry + whirling blades is still faster)

Essentially this causes the following distinction
Cyclone - 2h melee channeling skill
Blade Flurry - 1h melee channeling skill
And then damage between the two skills can be balanced accordingly.
Last edited by AldarinBlackwing on Nov 20, 2016, 5:42:41 PM
"
Head_Less wrote:

It is a shame a skill like blade vortex, the cyclone for caster is now stronger than cyclone.
Blade vortex don t have the idiotic move speed penalty and it can be used with whirling blade.
You guyz probably won t nerf it too much because it is not a melee skill but goddamit! can you see those two skills together and see there is a balance problem?
[/b]
THis makes me want to CoCS linked to Blade Vortex... sounds absolutely silly if you can get a good crit rate going. Or does the movement from cyclone diminish the hitting effectiveness of BV?
I hear in 2.5 there are going to be great changes to weapon radius...

Hopefully this includes unarmed range, as unarmed are already so mediocre cycloners due to the tiny radius.

Well anyways sort of wanna try using a foil to cyclone after 2.5 :D I never tried any particularly long weapon with high aoe stack or vagan craft/corruption yet.

Although I plan on a 2h cyclone next league, i'm glad 1hand weapon range is getting buffed! They needed it the most. Well hopefully 2h range gets buffed a bit too :D
How about to redesign it into channelled?
So I have played a Cyclone Raider up to lvl85 now. Was hoping the weapon range improvements would affect Cyclone in a positive way.

Overall I am quite disappointed. The aoe radius does not feel bigger at all. I even went with that dumb weapon range jewel. Still feels like the aoe is tiny.

The aforementioned collision issues also prevent a fun experience. Bumping into every small solid object stopping your damage and worse your leech is terrible.

Played with some BF assas today and just felt stupid going with any other melee skill. You need to give Cyclone a lot more love before it becomes viable again.
"
Velocifero wrote:
Pathing on Cyclone is awful. Object/Wall collision should not be stopping the skill from functioning. It should be a simple matter to fix it - and with all the patches and expansions they keep releasing you would think it would be addressed. Its absurd to stop mid spin every time you touch any solid object. Love the skill but that is really frustrating.

FIX THIS PLEASE. LET THE SKILL PATH THE SAME WAY MOVEMENT WORKS AND NOT GET HUNG UP ON WALLS AND OBJECTS.

Take one look at how Cyclone deals with areas like the Imperial Gardens and see how silly and problematic cyclone collision is.

nothing more do add to this, pathing is terrible.
Please make gem work like this.
While casting it, instead of channeling to the point i clicked, make it channel only as long as i hold click.
it is frustrating accidentally casting to a far point and waiting for it to get there to start moving to wanted direction.

Hope i made myself clear

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info