Cyclone

I know it's been mentioned, but the Cyclone attack stopping if you hit a wall or object is difficult to deal with. I don't know why you can't hold Shift and remain still, I don't know how that could anyway be overpowered, even less why it was not implemented to the game.

Bosses or Ghost in corners are nearly impossible to kill. Alira for example is notorious for running behind the tents (directly behind where she is before fight). While back there she runs up against the wall and I'm only able to hit her for half my Cyclone dps, WHILE using full mana cost. Not to mention the debuff of first attack. While I don't mind the damage debuff, the problem comes from the addition of the attack cancellation.

I realize I'm being repetitive, but the inability to trigger/continue the attack because of walls really needs to be removed. My closest calls have been when I'm in a huge group of enemies (unable to see the debris litter of the map) and my guy stop spinning. This really really needs to be removed or revised in some fashion.

/my2cents
Last edited by WhenQsLandFlicker on Dec 24, 2015, 5:21:06 AM
"
I know it's been mentioned, but the Cyclone attack stopping if you hit a wall or object is difficult to deal with. I don't know why you can't hold Shift and remain still, I don't know how that could anyway be overpowered, even less why it was not implemented to the game.

Bosses or Ghost in corners are nearly impossible to kill. Alira for example is notorious for running behind the tents (directly behind where she is before fight). While back there she runs up against the wall and I'm only able to hit her for half my Cyclone dps, WHILE using full mana cost. Not to mention the debuff of first attack. While I don't mind the damage debuff, the problem comes from the addition of the attack cancellation.

I realize I'm being repetitive, but the inability to trigger/continue the attack because of walls really needs to be removed. My closest calls have been when I'm in a huge group of enemies (unable to see the debris litter of the map) and my guy stop spinning. This really really needs to be removed or revised in some fashion.

/my2cents

its really really bad now in such scenarios, you suffer dpsloss from being unable to move AND only doing first attacks... the first hit penalty was a horrible decision
I´ve been playing Fakener this league and I also suffer a lot from not seeing debris or getting stuck inbetween the new stone circles or on a random boulder which is stupid as my survival (leech) should not be so dependent on whether the Mob is close to a wall or not.
I can only imagine how horrible it must be for ppl who actually need to dps with cyclone and not just trigger discharge.
Cyclone
Movement, Attack, AoE, Melee
Damage enemies around you, then perform a spinning series of attacks as you travel to a target location.

Movement: like a smart toy on low bateries with ant fobia.

Attack: beying such a fiersome attack it causes such emotion that at your first hit the weapon suddenly goes jelly, only later hardens thus the first hit is more like a spank. But it can still crit. And that is to diferentiate it from heavy strike where the weapon is hard.
To further make this right, and not to be more powerfull than cleave i suggest that cyclone would rapidly loose range as it progresses.
To avoid the abuse of concentrated effect with cyclone, when coupled those two, the range should be halfed and also the character size should be halfed.

Graphically it should be buffed. At this moment it looks like he`s spinning with a dozen garlic strings atached randomly. It should look like he`s spinning with one or two christmas trees. Critical strikes should light the tree instalations and discharge should add a giant spinning wedding cake on top of the trees.

What could be more melee than that?
My feel Cyclone was very nerfed. First hit dealing 50% less damage is very bad idea. Why you just not decreased small amount of damage. First hit is very often hit, specially with boosted movement speed.
After 2.1 I refused from using Cyclone.

P.S. you think Cyclone was overpowered, but it is very desync summon skill. While Cycloning, very often situation mobs are not hitting, because desync.
IGN: Enimis
I am positive that GGG went too far with nerfing cyclone. Yes it was OP skill but new mana leech and hybrid leech nodes now let most of the skills be self sufficient yet it's still slightly not enough for cyclone because if you miss a spin, your mana is gone and you can't spin anymore. So I think the balance was brought right here with that 10% total damage nerf. Fact is - Cyclone still needs Blood Magic.

However, reducing it's initial hit by half is a complete overkill meaning you will have to come back spinning at mobs several times unless you have no movement speed. The skill wasn't great for clearing maps already compared to other skills. Now it's beyond terrible.

Conclusion:

If you compare a Cyclone with the current Lightning Strike that was reworked... It's ridiculous. LS was implemented with free projectiles. LMP/GMP with no damage penalties and even got a minor damage boost.
Meaning they turned LS, already a decent skill into a superior clearing force and completely shut down Cyclone clearing speed to 0 and turned it from good single target into an average one.

They're now pretty similar in single target dps scenarios but LS just dominates maps while Cyclone is a turtle mode.
I know a lot of people who RMT and use PoeHuds, item pickups, crafties, custom renderers, bots, map/zoom/bright hacks and autoflasks. But I am not going to snitch rather encourage them and others to use hacks. GGG had a choice whether they want a friend or an enemy. They chose the latter. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by 5oobZRsnNq on Dec 28, 2015, 5:38:58 PM
"

If you compare a Cyclone with the current Lightning Strike that was reworked... It's ridiculous. LS was implemented with free projectiles. LMP/GMP with no damage penalties and even got a minor damage boost.
Meaning they turned LS, already a decent skill into a superior clearing force and completely shut down Cyclone clearing speed to 0 and turned it from good single target into an average one.

They're now pretty similar in single target dps scenarios but LS just dominates maps while Cyclone is a turtle mode.

Lightning strike like ice crash are much harder to build than cyclone as not many passives buff the total damage. Also i think they meant cyclone to be a defensive skill which up until now it certainly wasn't.

In terms of whether the nerf was too harsh i dont know.I have a facebreaker cyclone build that is still very strong compared to other melee skills.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
Ice Crash, hard to build for? It uses the exact same modifiers as Cyclone does.
Thinking of a different skill possibly? :p
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jan 1, 2016, 12:27:35 PM
@GGG, while you've been making these QoL aoe increase passes you forgot cyclone. It doesn't hit targets at the tip of it's animation until you pick up the duelist +2 node. Besides the damage being dumpstered, how do you compete with abilities that hit the entire screen while doing 5x double dipping deeps? They ignore the armor mechanic too, mhm.
Last edited by Jeremyz0r on Jan 5, 2016, 10:01:40 PM
Biggest problem with Cyclone to me is the ability to spin in narrow place or obstacle. Hence the huge dps drop when first hit does 50% less damage, because you can spin 1-2 hit and then stop, or it hits a pixel where the game doesnt allow you to spin any more. Open area like dried lake is fine but try Tunnel map. Nightmare for cyclone users. I think Chris mentioned this problem in the "Answer to your question" post. Hope GGG can fix this soon.

If I go first, I'll wait for you in the other side of the dark water.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info