3.7| Stress Free PoE - SLOW-MO ZOMBIES |Clear the Atlas with YOUR Items at YOUR Pace (SSF & Co-op)

"
MasterZoen wrote:
Thanks, I noticed that Multiple Spell totems said "+2 to maximum number of summoned totems" and also said "Supported Skills Summon two Totems instead of one". A quick check on the wiki showed me "Totems can have different maximum active totem limits. If a totem is summoned at the maximum limit of totems, it will destroy the oldest totem that doesn't break the totem limit." Sure enough, it worked the way I thought it would. I'm darn sure that I'm not the first to come up with this, though I don't think I ever looked up an SRS build, so... Yeah, I'm sure someone has this on the forums. What really clinched it for me however was about minions in this section: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Totem#Skills_cast_by_totems
Ya! That's really cool. I like it. I like minions and totems but I didn't think about Multiple totems for two minions. Good job.

Spoiler
Zombies do get a lot of life, but if you've got them buffed up with a high level gem, minion life and as a Necro have the Invoker and Commander of Darkness nodes as well as most of the Minion Life Leech/Regen nodes like in your build, then they only die if you are going after a boss, or outside your level safe zone. Sometimes, they don't die even then. Minion Instability does apply to skeletons as well, however...
For sure. The build would be TOTALLY different if I was bombing zombies. The hardest part is guaranteeing corpses for zombies EASILY without needing a 6 link.

Good post :). Thanks!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Alright Maggots! I'm gone for 4 nights. I'll be back Monday PDT.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Enjoy your break :)
~ If it moves, kill it ~
Last edited by 0nyX on Aug 22, 2019, 3:45:27 PM
"

... But I found that my zombies were extra dumb with cyclone for some reason and didn't always hit enemies I was hitting and just stood there.

I was meaning to ask you that same thing: it seems to me that the Minions are more docile with Cyclone than with other Skills. I was quite unsuccessful in getting them to attack the Phoenix as an example (something where I did not feel like I had a lot time to order them about between moves).
Formerly posted under AnExile_onthePath
"
For sure. The build would be TOTALLY different if I was bombing zombies. The hardest part is guaranteeing corpses for zombies EASILY without needing a 6 link.

Good post :). Thanks!

The easiest way to guarantee corpses for zombies is Desecrate. I keep it on my Necro primarily to ensure I can get my sentinels back if they die, but it also ensures that you have 15 corpses at your beck and call for zombies.

Stay safe and have a nice trip.
"
walkjohn55 wrote:
"

... But I found that my zombies were extra dumb with cyclone for some reason and didn't always hit enemies I was hitting and just stood there.

I was meaning to ask you that same thing: it seems to me that the Minions are more docile with Cyclone than with other Skills. I was quite unsuccessful in getting them to attack the Phoenix as an example (something where I did not feel like I had a lot time to order them about between moves).

Currently, the minion AI functions based upon what you are doing, if you are standing still your minions will stand still as well. If you are moving they will move with you. If you are attacking something, they will attack it also. If something attacks them or gets really close while you are standing still they will auto attack it, and combat overrides movement until you get a certain distance away and then they move to you. Ranged attack minions like my spectral sentinels, mirage archers, and skeleton mages tend to attack things from much farther away.

The problem with cyclone is that it is an area of effect attack that doesn't require you to actually target an enemy, so minions will try to attack whatever you are hitting, which is everything within the whirl. Needless to say, they move towards one enemy, then another when your next "hit" procs before having reached the first. It's why I prefer Arc for cursing enemies and proc'ing EE and use Leap Slam for movement, though my current stress free build doesn't bother with a movement skill.

This is part of why I'm so interested in the new gems for Blight.
Last edited by MasterZoen on Aug 22, 2019, 9:27:38 PM
Hey thank you for the confirmation!!! I love the build and i played it in the past as well! i just love the build so much! (thanks for shout out on the badges) :)
:: Man in black fled across the desert, and the gun slinger followed"
Sooooo, I'm totally not posting this while I'm on a little vacation ;-) (I'll respond to replies when I return), and I know that the Necromancer Ascendancy changes haven't been posted yet, but I'm curious what others think... This is what I'm thinking so far for 3.8.

5/6 - Zombie - Minion D - Feeding Frenzy - Minion L - Fortify -
4 - Skel - Infernal Legion - Minion D - Minion L
4 - CwDT1 - Ball L 4 - CoH - Enfeeble
4 - CwDT1 - Flesh Off 8 - Des 7 - Phase 3
3 - Hatred - Gen, Carrion Golem
3 - Blasph - TC - Enh

Or

5/6 - Zombie-Minion D-Freeding Frenzy-Minion L-Fortify - (?)
4 - Skel-Infernal Legion-Minion D-Minion L
4 - melee skill (w/ lightning) - Fortify-CoH-Enfeeble
4 - Hatred-Gen, Relic, Carrion Golem
3 - CwDT1 - Des 7 - Flesh 8
3 - Blasph-TC-Enh

Minion Instability (which does fire damage) will likely be added to the tree.

I won't explain it all right now, but check out the pros and cons and let me which you prefer. Also, give me your own preferences or what you would do. You might show me something I haven't thought of. Remember, 2 active buttons max. (Summoning the Holy Relic or Golem doesn't count as an active button as they are basically the same as activating an aura.

K. I totally didn't post this. ;-)

Annnnnd

Well hello to WOD's ?evil? twin - since we all know WOD is off on vacation.

I guess the Minion Life on Skeletons ties back to adding Minion Instability. The damage must be a substantial part of the total Damage if it squeezes out a More Damage Gem. Is bombing Zombies in the Plan (need ... more ... corpses), or just the Skeletons? (I guess that Option 2 would indicate "no" to that.)

I am very curious about the new Minion Gems. Since they will be competing with "More Damage Gems", if they do not have "More" damage then they may be a mixed blessing. I will be disappointed if they come with just "Increased" Damage - probably fine when levelling, but their effect will be diminished as you pile on Increased Damage from other sources.

I'm also curious about how effectively the CWDT with Ball Lighting is able to apply Enfeeble (or a player's Curse of choice) plus trigger Elemental Eq. Automation would be nice.

Given that the Zombies will no longer be Meat Shields, I would tend toward trying to keep self Fortify (just not sure how many Players actually get any value of self Fortify though). But if I drop self Fortify, I will be really tempted to ditch Relic too and go 4-Link Ball Lightning-COH-{maybe an increased number of projectiles gem}-Curse. (might be nice to sneak a Cull in there too, but if possible, that probably requires a piece of non-standard gear and so is more of a personalization option)

Are there any, easy to maintain, good for defence, Spectres? Does that count as an Active Button/Key (would need something that is not going to hit Low Life)?
Formerly posted under AnExile_onthePath
"
0nyX wrote:
Enjoy your break :)
Thanks. It was nice....except that the Necromaner ascendancy nodes weren't released...pffffft. But my Evil Twins that walkjohn55 discovered are always hard at work.

"
walkjohn55 wrote:
"

Ya. It was weird. They act so different than when I use Tectonic Slam or Charged Dash. Docile is a great word for it. The thing for me is I found I died too much with Cyclone simply because I couldn't see danger on the ground with all the minions around me. Too crowded to see anything. I'll be posting my thoughts for 3.8 (pre-ascendancy) after this.

"
MasterZoen wrote:
"
The easiest way to guarantee corpses for zombies is Desecrate. I keep it on my Necro primarily to ensure I can get my sentinels back if they die, but it also ensures that you have 15 corpses at your beck and call for zombies.

Stay safe and have a nice trip.
Thanks. It was a good trip. It'd have been better if the Necromancer Ascendancy was released ;).

Ya, for sure. Desecrate is in this build too. The key to the zombie bombs for me is fast and easy though. And for my builds, I like to have only one or two active buttons in combat (excluding turning on auras and such). I'll be posting an example of "easy" zombie bombs next. But if you have any other suggestions (of course who knows what further changes will come to 3.8) please let me know.

"
MasterZoen wrote:
Currently, the minion AI functions based upon what you are doing, if you are standing still your minions will stand still as well. If you are moving they will move with you. If you are attacking something, they will attack it also. If something attacks them or gets really close while you are standing still they will auto attack it, and combat overrides movement until you get a certain distance away and then they move to you. Ranged attack minions like my spectral sentinels, mirage archers, and skeleton mages tend to attack things from much farther away.

The problem with cyclone is that it is an area of effect attack that doesn't require you to actually target an enemy, so minions will try to attack whatever you are hitting, which is everything within the whirl. Needless to say, they move towards one enemy, then another when your next "hit" procs before having reached the first. It's why I prefer Arc for cursing enemies and proc'ing EE and use Leap Slam for movement, though my current stress free build doesn't bother with a movement skill.

This is part of why I'm so interested in the new gems for Blight.
I appreciate the explanation. The issue that I've noticed (though I don't think it'll matter in 3.8) is that when I'm hitting even just one loan enemy with Cyclone, my zombies are sometimes docile. (I'll be moving away from Cyclone personally for 3.8. I was dying too much being in the middle of a crowded area where I couldn't see danger on the ground.) The Cyclone issue may be console specific. There's an issue on consoles where AoE skills sometimes just don't do damage to an enemy(ies) that it should be. You're inflicting damage, but no one's taking it. To fix it in-game you have to wiggle your character around a little bit then come back to the same enemies. Then they take damage and die. So it may be that issue and the game is just making the Hit sounds with Cyclone. It happens with Bladestorm, RF, Vortex...I didn't think of that before. Thanks for jogging my memory.

I love the style of no movement skill :). Good job. That's my kinda style! I took a look at your setup...it's pretty sweet!

"
N3_PH wrote:
Hey thank you for the confirmation!!! I love the build and i played it in the past as well! i just love the build so much! (thanks for shout out on the badges) :)
Thank you. You're very kind. I really appreciate it. Let me know what you think of the changes I'm thinking about that I'll post shortly.

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info