3.7| Stress Free PoE - SLOW-MO ZOMBIES |Clear the Atlas with YOUR Items at YOUR Pace (SSF & Co-op)

"
walkjohn55 wrote:
I first thought only Active Gems but the Wiki seems to give pretty strong support for all Minion Gems. That pretty much (a) settles that the Unnatural Strength Ascendancy has entered the no-brainer zone, and sadly (b), that it will be the subject of the first nerf after Blight ends. From the Wiki on Skill Gem:

Skill gem

An overview of skills
Active skill gems and support skill gems are usually referred to as skill gems.
Awesome. Thanks for making sure! That's sweet.

"
walkjohn55 wrote:
I sure hope that the +Minion Nodes made the cut. But GGG could be doing sort of a mini Mon'tregul's Grasp thing - boosting the Minions but cutting back on their numbers (maybe in the name of better performance?).

And thank you in advance for figuring out whatever twists GGG puts into the Tree!
Ya. We'll have to see. This will be a crazy week with the tree hopefully not changing too much and the possibility of the 20/20 gem list giving tons of details too...I hope I'll have the new guide posted the evening that PoEPlanner gets the 3.8 tree uploaded (and I've scoured it).

"
walkjohn55 wrote:
Spoiler
"
trebien777 wrote:
how much life/armor/mana/energy shield you can have with reasonable equipments around lv100 with SSF? thank you

I think that that is a really tricky question, involving a lot of assumptions.

My first assumption would be that anyone reaching lvl100 in SSF both spends a lot of time playing, and is pretty knowledgeable regarding POE. The implication is that they would have pretty good gear by then.

That being said and based on the 3.7 Build, I think that Life is the key stat among those that you mentioned. The 3.7 Build has very little in the way of Armour or Energy Shield support in the Tree. So your Armour and ES will generally be what you have on your gear (not much compared to more Tanky Builds). Since Armour/ES is the socket type that best fits the build, you will have some ES, more if you grab specific items with loads of ES. But as a guess, perhaps less than 1K unless you went after some. Your Armour will also depend on your gear (probably the Chest, Shield and Helm) and that is about all that I can say - it will likely be a few K only. The build reserves most of your Mana (meaning reductions to Mana Reservation affect Free Mana way more than increases to total Mana, and some Mana Regen is very helpful). I think the key Mana concerns are (a) can you summon a Zombie without removing an aura, and (b) if so, how fast can you summon several Zombies (a QOL thing mainly - and probably involves using a Mana Flask to get any great result). Maybe 1K Mana if you put some on your gear but that is not the real stat. At Lvl100 I expect that you will exceed 6K Life. How much will depend on your gear - are you using a Lioneye's Remorse for example. Did you get Chest Armour with a ton of Life? It's all very iffy, but what is concrete is that the Build is not that sturdy - your Life Pool will determine how big a one shot you can survive, but repeated big hits will likely drain your Flasks and do you in. While not in my opinion "sturdy", the build does have decent survivability because you are free to put a lot of playing effort into avoiding getting hit, plus the Zombies soak up a lot of damage. This Build has a lot of DPS for the cost and the playing effort. If you want tanky in the sense of standing in the thick of things, I suggest you try the Trigger Happy Build. WOD may have some better insight and they usually answer all questions.

Note: I find that the "sturdy" thing does not come into play until later in Mapping, but since you asked about a LvL100 Character, I offered my opinion. I find the Build plenty sturdy during the Acts (I need Topaz Flasks though if I want to get by the Brine King without dying).
"
trebien777 wrote:
thanks for the feedback. i'm playing in PS4 in lv96 on golem build, but i'm facing several trouble to lvl up because i die too much. [5,4k +600 mana with MoM...and i needed to remove aegis of the necromancer in order to try to die less...]

i asked SSF because in PS4 is really awful to get items...

and i love to play on passive summoner, but is a little hard to me for now...

i think 10k EHP and 10k armor will be enought to never die anymore...but i'm trying on "poe planner", and after 3 months of casual playing i still need to learn much more about the game mechanics...
Hey trebien777,

The 3.8 tree coming out in a couple of days may dramatically change this, but the current tree at level 90 has 173% to Maximum Life. If you hit 100, you could easily make over 200%. As walkjohn55 said, the build doesn't focus on any other type of mitigation besides except heavily-invested-in-curses. I have 5600 life with my level 90 version of this build. And I have mediocre life rolls on some of my gear.

I'll be posting the 3.8 version of this guide as soon as I've gone over the 3.8 tree and will be able to give you a better answer after that.

Good question though, and good progress! The game mechanics will come with exploring ideas in time. It'll come naturally. There are A LOT of helpful people that follow these Stress Free guides I make and are always happy to help with personal changes you may make to the guides. So feel free to ask any questions anytime.

"
MasterZoen wrote:
Yeah, I'm not a fan of Mon'tregul's Grasp, I prefer to have more minions rather than just stronger ones, so I'm rather bummed about Fleshbinder having been removed.

WoD, I just had a really hilarious idea last night as I was going to bed, Cyclone+Cast While Channeling+Desecrate. Corpses! Corpses FOREVER! MUAHAHAHA!

Then, this morning I thought to myself, "What should I do with all those corpses..." Answer: Cast When Damage Taken+Bone Offering+Spirit Offering+Summon Carrion Golem...

Que everyone looking at me weirdly because I'm laughing like an evil megalomaniac as I get out of bed.
I love the idea! I've played around with it a bit before actually! I didn't use Cyclone but It was CwC. I tried to link Zombie with Desecrate and it actually worked quite well...except that Desecrate has a cooldown :(. But! if you search for the most recent Baeclast on Twitch, GGG jokes that they MAY have removed that cooldown! So no one will look at you weird then! :) What about trying, "Channelling Skill"-CwC-Desecrate-Zombies-Infernal Legion-Feeding Frenzy?

But like you said, there's nothing like a good Offering skill too...Good post!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Alright everyone, the time to dwell on details has passed. I am now going to start the 3.8 thread to be ready for the 3.8 release. My replies will now be limited until 3.8. Good luck with your patience as you wait for the new league :).

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
WoD fully understand you may not get back to this for a few days with all that's going on.

Guess I'll start with the most important question. Will you have the 3.8 build ready or partially released ready for league start and if not should we hold out a few days or run with old tree as much as we can?

With the 3.8 build I was just wondering if you will be incorporating bone barrier accendancy into the buld for the bone armour effect allowing for more gem flexibility?

Also if you have looked at the mana changes amounted if you can see any possible issues for the build coming out of it?

Thanks for any response know it's a busy time for you in pre league build crunch.

Edit: aware some of the questions you may not be able to answer with current information but wished to ask as others who occasional help with questions on here may be able to cover them (like the mana wuestion?)
Last edited by Salerk on Sep 3, 2019, 4:01:25 PM
"
Salerk wrote:
WoD fully understand you may not get back to this for a few days with all that's going on.

Guess I'll start with the most important question. Will you have the 3.8 build ready or partially released ready for league start and if not should we hold out a few days or run with old tree as much as we can?

With the 3.8 build I was just wondering if you will be incorporating bone barrier accendancy into the buld for the bone armour effect allowing for more gem flexibility?

Also if you have looked at the mana changes amounted if you can see any possible issues for the build coming out of it?

Thanks for any response know it's a busy time for you in pre league build crunch.

Edit: aware some of the questions you may not be able to answer with current information but wished to ask as others who occasional help with questions on here may be able to cover them (like the mana wuestion?)
You're very thoughtful and I appreciate it :). This build is a priority for me with all the changes. So even though lots has changed, the only thing I have left to do is min/max the skill tree. GGG tweeted that the passive tree will be released in 9 more hours from now :(. So PoB and PoEPlanner likely won't be ready to go until I'm awake tomorrow. But once that's done, I'll post it. The guide will have a couple of things to tidy up, like links to the new skills gems, but that's all stuff that has to come after the league is released anyway. I finished everything I could last night. (Hopefully, the 20/20 gems don't have any surprises.)

I will be adding the ascendancy node that has Bone Armour in it. If you look at the Nerco Ascenandcy picture, I'll be choosing 8, 10, 12, and 16. (I wish Offering Skills applying to us had more benefit for minion builds with Zombies. We don't care about duration on permanent zombies nor on suicidal skeletons.)

The patch notes may say differently, but the Baeclast interview and the Dev Manifesto didn't say much about raising Minion costs; just that Necros needed more mana. The only mana cost that we'll have to consider for 3.8 is our skeleton skill. If skeletons' mana cost doesn't change, mana won't be an issue at all. It'll be staying as a four-link...but I'm not sure how much mana Infernal Legion will be.

I appreciate your thoughtfulness. I'll have this guide posted before my 4 other guides. I'm comfortable posting it prior to the 20/20 gem announcement tomorrow, but it won't be until I'm sure I won't have to change the passive tree. So I'll hopefully start posting my guides tomorrow night (Pacific Time) at the latest.

Edit: Oh shoot. The filter too. I can't post with the last league's filter. Shouldn't be too bad though.

Annnnnd

Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Sep 3, 2019, 5:24:56 PM
WoD thank you for the swift reply. Gives me a lot to think about.

If I'm understanding the ascendancy choices with 16 & 10 we should have an extra 50% elemental resistance will be of a great help in gearing up at a slightly lower cost.

Glad to hear that the mana changes should hopefully not give us to many issues. The infernal legion support does look amazing and hopefully won't have to high a mana cost.

I did forget to ask if you would be including Spector's in this build?

Honestly I'm not sure where they could be included but did think along with the meat shield support they could make for a good defensive line.

Only location I could think it may fit would be the 3link that has offerings support. But offerings is so nice.

As with all things never enough sockets. GGG need to take a lesson from Thanos he didn't have 4 gem restriction and that was just one glove lol.

Slight edit. Bits I forgot to include.
Last edited by Salerk on Sep 3, 2019, 7:06:04 PM
"
Salerk wrote:
Spoiler
WoD thank you for the swift reply. Gives me a lot to think about.

If I'm understanding the ascendancy choices with 16 & 10 we should have an extra 50% elemental resistance will be of a great help in gearing up at a slightly lower cost.

Glad to hear that the mana changes should hopefully not give us to many issues. The infernal legion support does look amazing and hopefully won't have to high a mana cost.

I did forget to ask if you would be including Spector's in this build?

Honestly I'm not sure where they could be included but did think along with the meat shield support they could make for a good defensive line.

Only location I could think it may fit would be the 3link that has offerings support. But offerings is so nice.

As with all things never enough sockets. GGG need to take a lesson from Thanos he didn't have 4 gem restriction and that was just one glove lol.

Slight edit. Bits I forgot to include.
I really like Spectres. I'm odd though; I like my Spectres to be random. If you really wanted Spectres in the build, replacing the Offering link, like you suggested, was what I was going to suggest. No one else would like this, but I'd have CwDT-Spectres-Meat Shield...

Annnnnd

LOL...

Easiest Kitava and innocence kills ever.
Thanks for doing it again Wod, you're awesome!
Sooooo ready for 3.8!!!
I will wear your ghost and you will die twice, against me and for me.
That is some cold blooded shit to say...
Waiting for the 3.8 update :)
Zombies are quite buffed in this patch
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."

Is this Okay for SSF?

Going Zombies - Skeletons - Carrion Golem Necromancer.

Thinking Elemental Army and then doing Cold Conversion + Hatred.

What do you think?
I'm curious about the impact of the removal of Violent Dead/Flesh Binder, personally.

I'm holding judgment until we see what the actual minion stats are, but it feels like this could have a significant impact on clear speed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info