3.7| Stress Free PoE - SLOW-MO ZOMBIES |Clear the Atlas with YOUR Items at YOUR Pace (SSF & Co-op)

"
Emrad wrote:
Hi Wrecker_of_Days.

Just posting to give you a warm "thank you" for posting a great build.
I'm coming back to PoE after a 2-year hiatus, and this Necro build was exactly what I was looking for. A fresh idea after all the builds I've done in the past, and served on a great, comprehensive guide :)

I can't wait to relax, drink a nice whisky and command my horde.

See you in Legion!
Thanks Emrad!

You're very kind to take the time to be thankful. Welcome back to PoE! I hope you stay forever :).

Let me know if you have any questions. The game has changed lots, including older mechanics getting changed.

Thanks again! See you out there!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Sorry, more questions;

- I see in the wiki daggers also can't be used with consecrated path, correct?
- Any benefit going for shield versus dual wielding or vice versa?

Just under 25 hours to go :D
"
GreyBrainCell wrote:

I've decided to use your build as a starter on SSF in Legion and see how far it'll get me.
Thanks mate!

My experience so far is that the Build works quite well in SSF - but I cannot say anything about what Legion might be changing. I think that the Build can likely carry you into yellow maps with minimal skill levels, into lower reds with some familiarity with the Build, and further if you have skills (like avoiding Boss one shot mechanics).

SynFB_SloMo_onthePath was my starter Character in Xbox Synthesis Flashback as an example. The Mon'Tregul's Grasp and the Chalice of Horrors were premeditated choices on my part, but the Amulet was just an opportunistic acquisition. I rolled the 6-link after about 90 tries (woohoo - but I did boost the item quality to 34% first).

One levelling tip courtesy of me reading Enki's Arc Witch Guide: replace Fireball with Freezing Pulse as soon as you can - I found it so much better than thrashing about with Fireball.

Edit: the sooner you get Vaal Skeletons going the better - really, really helps with tough opponents (conditions permitting of course).
Formerly posted under AnExile_onthePath
Last edited by walkjohn55 on Jun 6, 2019, 6:14:25 PM
"
GreyBrainCell wrote:
Sorry, more questions;

Once you get your minions going, almost all of the damage that you deal comes from your Zombies and Skeletons. So helpful criteria for weapon choice are, what makes my Minions better, what keeps the Witch alive, and I usually add what lets the Witch apply the buffs and debuffs better. So if you are thinking of dual wielding beyond levelling, I suspect it comes down to what the chosen weapons do for you (bearing in mind that the damage that the Witch does directly really does not matter past having some elemental damage other than Cold) versus what a weapon and shield does.
Formerly posted under AnExile_onthePath
"
walkjohn55 wrote:
"
GreyBrainCell wrote:
Sorry, more questions;

Once you get your minions going, almost all of the damage that you deal comes from your Zombies and Skeletons. So helpful criteria for weapon choice are, what makes my Minions better, what keeps the Witch alive, and I usually add what lets the Witch apply the buffs and debuffs better. So if you are thinking of dual wielding beyond levelling, I suspect it comes down to what the chosen weapons do for you (bearing in mind that the damage that the Witch does directly really does not matter past having some elemental damage other than Cold) versus what a weapon and shield does.
walkjohn55 always gives good answers so I'll make mine quick. Daggers cannot be used with Consecrated Path, correct. The Shield vs. Dual W. is like walkjohn55 said. It's the choice between offense and defense. You can roll minion damage and life on weapons (it's one mod). So you could always double up until survivability becomes an issue (if it ever does). I always use shields in my builds because...well it's for no good reason...it's just cause shields are my favourite. :)

And ask as much as you like. There are many helpful people that follow some of these threads. We all want everyone to understand and like PoE.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
GreyBrainCell wrote:
Sorry, more questions;

Correct.

Shields are just nice for more defenses how ever you can use whatever you want really which is what so nice about this build for league starting. Can also use Shield Charge over Consecrated Path if you so choose if you have shield and so on with the other kinds of movement skills.
Also for anyone having problems getting resist's capped for whatever reason, there's 2 options via the tree to solve it.

For 3 Points you can get Ash, Frost and Storm for +12% Resistance to Fire, Cold and Lightning.

For 6 Points at the bottom of the tree you can get Sentinel and then go up from there for the 3 +18% Resistance nodes. This gives +28% Resistance to Fire, Cold and Lightning Resist if you take all 6 nodes. Also offers another Jewel for just 1 point which you could slap another Violent Dead Jewel into or even a Minion Damage/Resist jewel.

Personally think the 6 point option is better overall but can take both for a nice +40% to all Resistances (except Chaos of course) which means you'd just need about 95% resists from Gear and/or a Purity of Elements. ( 60 + 75 = 135 - 40 = 95 )
Hello again,

I played your build in Betrayal in HC (lvl 86 still alive), well I changed it a bit with mage skells,
but the double defense auras temp chain+ enfeeble were really strong.

This league i want to play your build again in HC, but i will try some "melee" changes like lacerate or sunder and go full for phys. dmg.
I think the new gems are quite handsome for this like "Flesh and Stone" aura and impale and pulverise support
"
Guru1619 wrote:
Also for anyone having problems getting resist's capped for whatever reason, there's 2 options via the tree to solve it.

For 3 Points you can get Ash, Frost and Storm for +12% Resistance to Fire, Cold and Lightning.

For 6 Points at the bottom of the tree you can get Sentinel and then go up from there for the 3 +18% Resistance nodes. This gives +28% Resistance to Fire, Cold and Lightning Resist if you take all 6 nodes. Also offers another Jewel for just 1 point which you could slap another Violent Dead Jewel into or even a Minion Damage/Resist jewel.

Personally think the 6 point option is better overall but can take both for a nice +40% to all Resistances (except Chaos of course) which means you'd just need about 95% resists from Gear and/or a Purity of Elements. ( 60 + 75 = 135 - 40 = 95 )

Good tip mate, thanks!

For 3 points there's also another 18% extra minion damage just right of retribution, might be worth taking.

And then the last point maybe Alecrity for 30 extra dex?
Last edited by GreyBrainCell on Jun 7, 2019, 7:50:01 AM
"
Guru1619 wrote:
"
GreyBrainCell wrote:
Sorry, more questions;

Correct.

Shields are just nice for more defenses how ever you can use whatever you want really which is what so nice about this build for league starting. Can also use Shield Charge over Consecrated Path if you so choose if you have shield and so on with the other kinds of movement skills.

Thanks, the versatility of the build does make it a lot of fun (and I haven't even played it yet) :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info