3.7| Stress Free PoE - SLOW-MO ZOMBIES |Clear the Atlas with YOUR Items at YOUR Pace (SSF & Co-op)

The new guide for 3.8 is up: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627912.

The tree changed a lot and some of the new gems got added. I focused a lot more on minion life on the tree as I want the Zombies to stay alive all the time, despite their aggression, and I want Skeleton's Minions Instability to hit hard. Zombie Slam was my focus for Zombie damage. Since the Slam and Minion Instability always hit, I didn't focus on minion accuracy (which got naturally improved per minion anyway).

Thanks for such a fantastic 3.7! You were all very supportive of me and others and I am really excited about 3.8's minion changes. Thank you all for being so great.

God bless and enjoy killing everything in 3.8 ;). See you on the other side!

WELCOME to my SLOW-MO ZOMBIES guide :)!

With this build, you’ll substantially slow enemies around you with an aura while your Zombies (and Skeletons if you want) kill everything :). That’s it! Game passed. Atlas cleared. (I know the title makes it seem like the Zombies are the ones going slow even though it's really the enemies and not the zombies...but I like how it sounds.) Anyway it's easy 2 button fun! The build doesn't require any specific items or mods to play so you can just pick up and play like a good old fashion "dungeon crawler".

If you're curious about any aspect of the title or why my builds are the way they are, I give the details here. The guides I post will easily clear the Atlas despite the limitations I play with.

*For those with similar limitations to mine, I can play this build on both PC and Console.

(Thanks Tagz for always being willing to figure out the Wiki with me.)

Here's a video example of gameplay and here's what my gear looks like. (My character name doesn't match my build anymore...too many respecs.)

The Guts (Gems/Gear/Tree/Attributes)
Gem Links
PoE restricts which gems are available to each class until Act 3. Until then you can get some gems for free from quest rewards, purchase some from specific NPCs in each town, or find them as loot.

There are two NPC's that sell all purchasable gems: the first one is Siosa in the Library in Act 3 (you have to do his quest first (the Library is connected to The Imperial Gardens)), the second NPC is Lilly Roth is Act 6.

There are a couple gems that we want (for fun) to be at full quality. So be sure to use your Gemcutter's Prisms on these gems first if you are following this build closely. Then you can improve the quality of any other gems you see fit. I'll have a "20%" beside the gem name to indicate it's priority to be quality first. For Example: "Temporal Chains (20%)"

*If I have a level next to a gem, stop leveling that gem at that level. For example: "Cast when Damage Taken (Level 2)". Don’t level Cast when Damage Taken past gem level 2.

My gem setup is very defensive. Zombies can do way more damage and survive in almost any circumstance. I don't like to swap gems based on circumstances though, so this is the setup I use all game even though it's designed for taking the occasional crazy heavy damage late end-game:

5/6 Link - Main Skill (Socket in your chest)
-Raise Zombie - Our main skill, a minion skill. They do the damage. Not you.
-Minion Damage Support - Improves minion damage.
-Minion Speed Support - Very important for YOUR survival. Without this, you'll find you'll be standing alone, without the ability to do damage yourself, while your zombies are all alive. This keeps your zombies caught up “all” the time.
-Minion Life Support - Gives extra life to your zombies.
-Fortify Support - Grants your zombies the Fortify buff for 5 seconds. This gives them 20% reduced damage from Hits (not damage over time). It also increases their damage.
-(If you get a six link: Melee Physical Damage Support - Improves melee damage (which is the only damage our zombies do).

4 Link - Extra Damage (Socket in helmet)
-Vaal Summon Skeletons Your normal Skeletons skill and the vaal one packed in one gem. Don't worry about not getting it right away. Just start leveling it when you get it. It'll level up quickly. (See the Vaal section.)
-Minion Speed Support - Faster the better.
-Minion Damage Support - Improves minion damage.
-Melee Physical Damage Support - Improves melee damage (which our skeletons do).

4 Link - Movement, Defense, Elemental Equilibrium (Socket in gloves or boots)
-Any MELEE skill you like. (Consecrated Path is perfect for this build with its added Consecrated Ground but I can't use it. It makes the screen too busy. So I use Cyclone for the "smooth screen" experience.) This skill does "everything". When you Hit an enemy with your melee skill, you trigger Holy Relic's perks, apply Fortify to yourself, and apply Enfeeble & Elemental Equilibrium (EE) on enemies. (Just be sure not to have any added cold damage to your build in any way...for the sake of EE. Also be sure, if you pick a skill that is all Physical Damage, to add either Fire or Lightning to your Melee Attacks.)
-Fortify Support - Increases our melee damage and gives us the Fortify buff for 5 seconds. Fortify decreases our damage taken from Hits (both spells and attacks) by 20%. This does not work against damage over time.
-Curse on Hit Support - This is needed to be able to apply Enfeeble with our melee skill. Improving the quality of this gem improves Enfeeble.
-Enfeeble - Our curse that makes us harder to be hit by Attacks (not spells), take less critical damage, and take less overall damage too. Focusing specifically on the general damage mitigation of the skill, we'll inadvertently be improving Enfeeble's base damage mitigation from 30% to 45% (since we'll be improving curses in the passive tree for Temporal Chains).

4 Link - Ally Damage and Chill, and Support Minions (Socket in gloves or boots)
-Hatred - Adds cold damage to our allies, as a result increasing the chill effect on enemies.
-Generosity Support - Greatly improves Hatred. Typically, auras affect both the caster and their allies. When you attach Generosity to an aura, it improves the aura substantially for your allies, but removes the entire effect on yourself. Perfect.
-Summon Stone Golem - An extra minion for aggro and provides life regen for us, not allies.
-Summon Holy Relic - Its perks don't get applied until we Hit an enemy with an Attack, not a spell. This will do some damage on its own, but we care more about the life regen to us and allies...this skill gives bonus life regen to Minions.

3 Link - SLOOOOOW (Socket in any 3 link)
-Blasphemy Support (20%) - Turns Temporal Chains into an aura.
-Temporal Chains (20%) - Our curse that slows the enemy. With the improvements on the passive tree, this will slow all enemy actions from 29% to +70%.
-Enhance Support - Enhance is a DROP ONLY gem. It greatly impacts the value of Temporal Chains' slow, so as soon as it drops, start leveling it. It only has three levels and each level takes a LONG time to level up. It's first level gives no benefit, second level gives +8% to linked gem quality, third level gives 16%. It takes so long to level that you will only earn level 3 by yourself if this is the only build you play all league ;)...if you play lots. If you find an Enhance with quality, lucky you...it'll level faster.
*This build is totally fine without Enhance. It’s just bonus to have.

3 Link - Offering and Corpses (Socket in any 3 link)
-Cast When Damage Taken (Level 2) - Automatically casts linked spells. Linked spells can't be self casted. (For this build, Gem order doesn't matter when linking spells to CwDT.) This is level 2 because Purifying Flame's Consecrated Ground increases in size at level 12.
-Purifying Flame (Level 12) - A spell that does some Fire Damage (triggers EE) but also puts Consecrated Ground everywhere which gives life regen to our minions and us.
-Spirit Offering (Level 8)- Consumes up to 9 corpses each providing Energy Shield for our minions. It also provides them with bonus Chaos damage and Resists.

Corpses for Zombies (Optional) - (Socket in 2nd Weapon Set (hit X on PC or LT+RS on Xbox (without any screens open)))
-Desecrate - Corpses to raise Zombies from before a map.
Gear
ANYTHING YOU WANT! - I like having a shield and one-handed weapon instead of a two one-handed weapons. It's just a preference; no right or wrong there.

***Also, in Act 5 there is a quest called Death to Purity. Select the Violent Dead Jewel as a quest reward.

If you’re new to PoE, check out the Tips for New Players link. It gives lots of help and tips on gear, mods, currency, levelling, and endgame mapping. Some good to know stuff that you'd hate not knowing.

- Weapon - Anything you like (Not a Wand or Bow. Those are only for Projectile Attacks).
- Shield or Second Weapon - Anything you like.
- Head - Anything you like. If you can, a Bone Helmet is the only base armour in the game that carries a natural Minion Damage implicit. They start dropping around character level 73.
- Chest - Anything you like.
- Hands - Anything you like.
- Feet - Anything you like.
- Amulet - Anything you like.
- Ring - Anything you like.
- Ring - Anything you like.
- Belt - Anything you like.
- Jewel - Violent Dead. An Act 5 quest reward for Death to Purity.
- Jewel - Anything you like. A second Violent Dead jewel is nice if it drops. We can have a maximum of 2 of them.
- Flasks - Anything you like. I simply use 4 health flasks (all modified to remove bleeding) and Quicksilver Flask that removes Chill/Freeze.

Your goal on your weapon(s) is:
- Anything Minion
- Any other minor thing that helps (resists, attributes...). This isn't important. It's just a bonus.

Your goal on the rest of your gear is:

- Increases to Maximum life
- Increases to Resists
- Increases to Movement Speed (Typically on Boots)
- Anything Minion
- Ensuring you have high enough attributes for your skills.

Remember that the only mods that help minion damage SPECIFICALLY SAY "minion" or "ally". Any other improvements to damage only affect you.

*Make sure none of your gear in any way adds Cold Damage or we'll get the negative effect of Elemental Equilibrium (node in the Passive Tree), not the positive part.

- Here are my customized loot filters (PC). They will make looting a lot more relaxing for those that play my builds.

This is my setup if you're interested. I play the same as the guide unless I'm testing something out.
Passive Tree
Passive Tree Explained
The skill tree is easy to understand:
You'll start as a Witch. We start as a witch because there is only one subclass in the game that greatly benefits minions (Zombies and Skeletons specifically) and to reach that subclass (ascendancy) you must start as a witch.

**Just follow the tree and take the nodes as they come. You'll find it quite naturally balanced. Save the far West Side of the tree for last. The tree takes you to level 90. It'll be easy to achieve. Pick anything you like after that.

Tree Focuses:
- Minions - We have almost every minion node selected which includes minion damage, speed, survivability, and maximizing our zombie and skeleton quantity limit.
- Curses - This build focuses on curse efficiency which means we needed the nodes that improve curse efficiency.
- Jewels - Jewel slots are amazing. Jewels are items you can find that you can actually allocate on your tree. They can give almost anything from health, damage, resists...anything. We will only have two jewel slot selected :(. As great as jewels are, I find managing them and remembering what I have exhausting. So I typically only have one or two jewel slots per character. One jewel slot is reserved for Violent Dead. Equip a second one if it drops! What's really neat is you can swap jewels in and out of your passive tree anytime. Both jewel slots have the proper requirements for Violent Dead so you can place them anywhere.
- Health. You need it to live. :)

The Passive Tree I have for you takes you to level 89. That'll be really easy to get to. Pick what you want after that. You can't go wrong (unless it doesn't apply) so have fun!

Don't forget about attributes. You'll pass some nodes on the tree that give +30 to Strength or Dexterity. If you don't have items to cover what you're short in, feel free to select some of these as you pass them. You'll get respec points that will let you remove them later once you have better gear.
Elemental Equilibrium
Elemental Equilibrium (EE) is a node on the passive tree. It gives enemies negative resists to elements you don't hit enemies with...if you've hit them with an element.
So if I hit an enemy with lightning, the enemy now has 25% extra lightning resistance and -50% to both fire and cold resists. If my spell or attack hits and enemy with lightning and fire, the enemy is only now susceptible to cold damage.

**A big part of the Zombie damage in this build comes from our Hatred aura. It gives cold damage to the Zombies. So make sure that ANY item, jewel, or implicit mod from the ascendancies does not have Added Cold Damage in any way. (If you have any skills attached to Cast when Damage Taken, make sure they don't do cold damage.)

A neat thing about EE is that it is only applied to enemies by us, not our minions. So, even though our minions are hitting the enemies over and over with cold damage, they aren't giving the enemies extra cold resists.

Questions? Let me know.
Now, feel free to modify this is anyway. This is just my preference for easy Solo Self Found.

Take your time to look at each skill as they come along. Some of the nodes are pretty dramatic.

Some quests earn you respec points in case you regret any decisions you made on the tree. You can also use Orbs of Regret for the same thing.
Ascendancy
As you go through the game you'll come across Trials of Ascendancy. Starting in Act 3 you'll see their value. Once you have completed all 6 of the first set of trails, you'll get to attempt your first Labyrinth (lab). Good luck! Upon completion Choose Necromancy. You get two ascendancy points per lab. There are four labs for a total of 8 points. (Redoing the same lab difficulty will not reward you with more ascendancy points if you've already completed it.)

You can spend your points in any order you like. My preference is as follows:
- 1st Two Points - Invoker. It's the weakest node out of the four big choices, but it leads to the core nodes for our build.
- 2nd Two Points - Flesh Binder. It's pretty self explanatory. It's like a permanent supercharger button for your zombies.You get a higher zombie cap and they hit harder. They also make enemies pay for killing them.
- 3rd Two Points - Bone Sculptor. Also self explanatory. Increases the skeleton cap, makes them faster, makes them have 100% accuracy, and now when you summon a skeleton you raise 3 at a time instead of 1:).
- 4th Two Points - Commander of Darkness. The aura benefits of this build are only for Hatred. Curses turned into auras do not apply to these bonuses. Hatred will therefore be the only aura that affects our minions so they'll get 3% increased attack speed. The 30% increase in damage is only applied once, no matter how many auras your minions have benefiting them. The 20% to resists will also cap our zombies with 75% elemental resists, which is huge. Hatred doesn't apply to us because we linked it with Generosity. This node doesn't affect us at all, only our minions.
Pantheon
Choose any you like as they come across. I personally like physical damage reduction and movement speed but there are no make or break options here. Just preferences.
Passive tree link

PasteBin - https://pastebin.com/9ZgZuE6k - Pastebin for Path of Building. (Copy the link, open Path of Building, click on “New”, then click “Import/Export Build”, click “Import from Pastebin…”, paste the link.)

Attributes
You'll get most of the attributes that you require to use your gems from the tree. You'll need a little bit of Strength and a bunch of Dexterity.

You'll Be Short:
Strength: 17
Dexterity: 64
Intelligence: 0

Needing 64 Dex is a lot. So keep your eye out for gear with Dex. Amulets can roll lots. Though we don't need almost any extra Str., it'll typically come late in the tree. So don't pass by Str. mods apathetically.

From the Tree You'll Get:
Strength: 94
Dexterity: 34
Intelligence: 302

Your Gems Need:
Strength: 111
Dexterity: 98
Intelligence: 155
Media and Extras (Videos/Tools/Filters)
- Videos? 3 options:
- The example video above
- My SLOW-MO ZOMBIES playlist showing my most recent sessions with the build.
- My broadcast channel. Mixer keeps the last 14 days worth of broadcasts.
I don't always play awake, but I'd rather play than not :).

- Software:
- PoEMate - The mobile planner I use (if the link doesn't work in your area, just search PoEMate in your mobile store).
- Path of Building - The desktop character planner I use.
- Pastebin - https://pastebin.com/9ZgZuE6k - (Copy the link, open Path of Building, click on “New”, then click “Import/Export Build”, click “Import from Pastebin…”, paste the link.)

Loot Filters:
- My customized filters, their details, and how to download them are located here.
For New-ish Players (How I Play/Build Mechanics/Newbie Tips)
How I Play This Build/How it Functions in Gameplay
This build is really easy to play. Sooooo easy.

Quick Version: Smack enemies with your melee skill, zombies slam everything, move on. (Use skeletons for fun.)

That's it! Honestly! Everything else is automatic!

Detailed Version
- I raise/summon my Zombies, Stone Golem, and Holy Relic and turn on Hatred and Temporal Chains.
- I then use my melee skill to Hit an enemy which will activate the Fortify buff on myself, applies Elemental Equilibrium on the enemy, curses the enemy with Enfeeble, initiates the Holy Relic's perks, and tells my minions who I want them to kill. (See the Passive Tree section for more on EE.)
- If your zombies die, who cares! Skeletons!
- That's really it! Everything else is automatic!
- Everytime we get Hit (Damage Over Time doesn't Hit) Purifying Flame and Spirit Offering get casted. Purifying Flame puts Consecrated Ground on the ground and initiates EE. Spirit Offering gives our minions Energy Shield, Chaos Damage, and elemental resists.

*Because of my limitations I just move (melee skill), cast once (Skeletons)...move, cast once...move, cast once...move, cast once...;) Staying moving and casting skills that have a duration keep me alive without needing too much attention.

Notes:

See the Build Mechanics Explained for New Players and Gem Links sections for further details.

Zombies:
- They'll be slow to level at first but once you find that they don't need to be resurrected anymore, you'll start flying through the story.
- Zombies will survive 95% of the Atlas. Unfortunately the 5% they suck at are the endgame bosses. I've found that focusing too much on how many zombies I have alive, kept me from keeping myself alive. Convocation is typically what people would use to get their Zombies out of danger, but I don't have to ability to focus on the screen long enough to use Convocation efficiently. My solution? Skeletons.

Skeletons:
- Even though it's only a four link, it's strong. Without any Zombies raised, this build can clear the whole Atlas with just this 4 link.

Auras:
- When you are around enemies, your Temporal Chains will immediately be applied to them slowing them dramatically. Hatred will give all minions within radius lots of extra cold damage. At max gem level, both auras will cover almost a standard size screen.

Offering:
- Spirit Offering is a defensive spell that gives temporary resists, Energy Shield, and Chaos damage to our allies (which includes minions). Once cast, the offering skill consumes corpses. The more corpses it consumes, the more you get from it. If no corpses can be consumed, the skill doesn't cast.
- This all happens automatically and often with a low level CwDT gem.

Other:
- Unless the enemy is Hexproof (curse proof), Enfeeble will make your enemies deal a lot less damage, have weaker critical hits, and are a lot less likely to Hit you with Attacks (not spells).

- In longer fights you will want to pay attention to the Fortify icon around your character (it looks like a star around you when activated). Fortify lasts 5 seconds, so does the Elemental Equilibrium debuff. Use whichever icon is most obvious to you to know when to re-apply the effects with your melee skill (if you're not the kind of player who is constantly using the skill). And obviously, for your own survivability, try to keep Fortify up at all times during battle.

- If you want your Zombies to attack a specific enemy, hit that enemy with your melee skill or summon your skeletons to hit that enemy (hopefully). They'll all get there as soon as they can.

So lots happens but all you're doing is using your melee skill and maybe skeletons. Move, cast once...move, cast once...move, cast once...:)
Build Mechanics Explained for New Players
How Minions Work
Raise Zombie is our main skill and it is a minion skill. Any minion's damage only increases with items or passive tree nodes that specifically increase "minion damage". If a node on the tree or mod on an item doesn't specify minion damage, it won't be useful at all. So something that says, "Increases your damage by 30%" won't improve the damage your minions make. In this build your character will do almost no damage, only your minions will. We will also be using skeletons and a golem.

Minions ARE considered Allies. So auras, nodes, or items that improve allies will benefit your minions. (Not every skill that reserves mana is an aura.)

Minions are NOT considered Party Members and will not gain any benefit from Party Member benefits.

Our minions Attack enemies, they don't Cast spells. So anything that improves minion/ally Attack Speed will help our build out, but not Cast Speed (that's for spells).

Lastly, minions are their own entity. Once you bring them into the world, they attack who they want. Some minions are summoned, others are raised. Summoned minions (like the Skeletons we'll be using) don't follow you, but will keep attacking and chasing enemies within their attack radius. These minions have a duration. Other minions are raised, such as our Zombies. They do not have a duration and will stay raised until dead. These types of minions will follow us wherever we go. But they're dumb...they are zombies...so to help guide them, try the following: Any enemy YOU hit, they will attempt to hit as well. They will also follow the lead of summoned minions as well.

Lastly lastly, minions don't care about you. So if you're taking damage, they aren't going to run back and help you. You have to help yourself.
Slow Focus
I. LOVE. SLOWING. ENEMIES. So in this build, we're going to slow enemies. Why? Lots of good reasons...but the most important reason is: Because.

Path of Exile has multiple methods that can slow a character/enemy in two ways: 1-Slowing Movement Speed only, and 2-Slowing all actions (including movement speed). This build will focus on the two methods in the game that slow ALL actions of an enemy: Temporal Chains and Chill. These two methods of slowing can stack (to a cap of 75% total slow).

Chill - An elemental effect from Cold damage that slows all actions (movement, cast/attack speed) up to 30%. The % of slow (chill) imposed on an enemy is based on the total Cold Damage done to the enemy in one hit. So the higher the cold damage of an initial hit (not cumulative) the greater the "chill effect"...the slower the enemy is.

Temporal Chains - A curse that slows all normal enemy actions (movement, cast/attack speed) up to a base value of 29% but with investment can be capped at 75%. This build will have Temporal Chains slowing enemies at 59%, 65%, or 71%, depending on the level of our Enhance Support Gem.
Curses
I. LOVE. CURSES. TOO.

Curses are debuffs that you can put on an enemy. There are quite a few curses in the game, not all of them are beneficial to every build. I have chosen two curses for this build: Temporal Chains which slows every action of the enemy; and Enfeeble which makes the enemy deal less damage and hit less often.

By default in POE, every character can only apply one curse per enemy. There is a node on the passive tree that increases this limit by one. We'll be getting it and increasing the effectiveness of these curses as well.

There is a node on the tree that acts like a curse but isn't. It's called Elemental Equilibrium. It acts as a curse that lowers enemy resists. We'll be getting that too. It can be applied on every enemy.

A big part of this build are the two curses I have chosen. Curses can be cast manually as a spell that applies the selected curse to an area, or you can link a support skill called Blasphemy which will make the linked curses Auras that are always around you. Curses turned to Auras each reserve 35% of our mana (linking Enhance Support will increase that reservation %, which we'll be doing). We are going to attempt to have our curses as strong as possible. That'll take some gem and passive tree investment. Temporal Chains at its maximum level slows all enemy actions by 29%. With the appropriate investment we can make enemies close to 75% slower with Temporal Chains (this skill cannot slow enemies beyond 75%). Enfeeble, our other curse, does not have a cap. Enfeeble has a lot of great defense. It makes us harder to be hit by Attacks (not spells), we take less critical damage, and we'll take less overall damage too. Focusing specifically on the general damage mitigation of the skill, we'll be improving Enfeeble's base damage mitigation from 30% to 45%.

Unless an enemy is "Hexproof" (curse proof), our curse will work. Curses are 33% less effective against Area/Map bosses and 66% less effective against the Shaper and his Guardians unless otherwise stated on the gem. That's OK though. The rest of the build is good enough. :)

Curse Math for those that Care :)
Vaal Skills
Vaal skills are super versions of normal skills that have a duration and cooldown given to them. We're hoping to use Vaal Summon Skeletons. Early on in the game Vaal skills typically only drop in Corrupted areas (though as the game progresses you'll find them a little more often.) Corrupted areas can be randomly found attached to maps as a side area. Kill the boss inside these areas, loot their "stash", and hope you get the vaal skill you want.

Vaal Summon Skeletons give you both the Summon Skeleton skill and Vaal Summon Skeletons in one gem. Both skills require their own key bind/button. You can use Summon Skeletons like usual but the Vaal skill requires you to kill enemies, or damage Rare or Unique enemies. Once the skill is ready to use, you can use the skill anytime. But remember, any loading screen in the game automatically resets the vaal skill and it needs to be refilled. So don't save it too long (boss arena doors don't have load screens (except for the The Lord's Labyrinth). Once the skill has been used it'll have a short duration where the skill can't refill.

Vaal Summon Skeletons instantly gives you an extra 30+ skeletons with one button press :).
Cast when Damage Taken
Cast when Damage Taken (CwDT) is a gem that automatically casts linked spells (not attacks) when your character takes a certain amount of damage. The lower the level of CwDT, the less damage it needs to cast its linked spells. The higher the level of CwDT, the more damage it needs to cast linked gems.

CwDT cannot support ACTIVE skills with a higher player level requirement than that of the CwDT gem itself. For spells to be cast by CwDT, the spell has wot be within the requirement level listed on the gem. As you level gems, you'll see that they all have certain player levels you have to be at in order to use them. CwDT does too. You'll notice in the CwDT gem description that it'll only cast spells under a certain requirement level. That requirement level goes up as CwDT levels. Linked SUPPORT gems have no boundaries and can be fully leveled.

The benefit to a high level CwDT at a high level is that we can have high level gems attached to it (Stone Golem). The benefit to a low level CwDT is that you can have spells being cast frequently. Good for utility spells (applying curses and such).

You can't manually cast spells that are linked to CwDT and within CwDT's gem requirement level.

For our build, the order of gems linked to CwDT does not matter.
Tips for New Players
Loose Ends (Map Mods/Gem Locations/Bandits)
Endgame Mods to Avoid
At the end of the game, the levels (maps) you try and clear will have random modifiers (mods) allocated to them. There are A LOT of mods that can go on a map.

There are only a couple mods that we can, but shouldn’t run:
-No Mana Regen (our movement skill keeps us alive)
-Reflect Elemental or Physical damage (combined with other mods, some maps with Reflect will kill our minions quickly)

Some mods will be inconvenient, but they won't be impossible to run.
Hexproof maps (curse immune enemies) would suck, but it's not the end of the world. You just have to be a little more careful.

You'll learn your personal preferences over time as well.
Quests and Gem Locations - Quick Reference
- I suggest doing every quest in the game. It doesn't take long. If you're too eager to get to mapping in the endgame, here is a link to all the quests that give Skill Points as a reward.

Bandits - With the Bandits in Act 2, I kill them all for the extra 2 skill points. You, of course, do what you like.

**Remember to prioritize. You may not be lucky enough to get the gear that'll let you play with all your gems as soon as they are available. So do what works best for you until the gear comes (don't be quick to sell your old gear in case something doesn't work out).

List of Gems in Order of Story Acquisition:
Drop Only - Level 1 - Enhance Support
Drop Only - Level 10 - Vaal Summon Skeletons (Replaces Summon Skeleton Gem)
Act 1 - Enemy at the Gate - Reward - Level 1 - Raise Zombie
Act 1 - Breaking Some Eggs - Purchase - Level 4 - Summon Holy Relic
Act 1 - The Caged Brute - Reward - Level 8 - Minion Damage Support x2
Act 1 - The Caged Brute - Purchase - Level 10 - Summon Skeleton (Until you get the Vaal version.)
Act 1 - The Siren’s Cadence - Purchase - Level 12 - Spirit Offering
Act 2 - Deal with the Bandits - Reward - Level 15 - Kill Everyone - 2 Skill Points
Act 2 - Intruders in Black - Reward - Level 16 - Desecrate x2
Act 2 - Sharp and Cruel - Reward - Level 18 - Minion Speed Support x2
Act 2 - Sharp and Cruel - Purchase - Level 18 - Minion Life Support
Act 2 - Sharp and Cruel - Purchase - Level 18 - Melee Physical Damage Support x2
Act 3 - Lost in Love - Purchase - Level 24 - Hatred
Act 3 - A Fixture of Fate - Purchase - Level 24 - Enfeeble
Act 3 - A Fixture of Fate - Purchase - Level 24 - Temporal Chains
Act 3 - A Fixture of Fate - Reward - Level 31 - Blasphemy Support
Act 3 - A Fixture of Fate - Purchase - Level 31 - Generosity Support
Act 4 - Breaking the Seal - Reward - Level 34 - Summon Stone Golem
Act 4 - The Eternal Nightmare - Purchase - Level 38 - Cast when Damage Taken
Act 4 - The Eternal Nightmare - Purchase - Level 38 - Curse on Hit
Act 5 - Death to Purity - Reward - Level 1 - Jewel - Violent Dead
Act 6 - Fallen from Grace - Purchase - Level 31 - Fortify Support x2
List of Gems in Order by Level:
Level 1 - Enhance Support
Level 1 - Raise Zombie
Level 1 - Jewel - Violent Dead
Level 4 - Summon Holy Relic
Level 8 - Minion Damage Support x2
Level 10 - Summon Skeleton (Until you get the Vaal version)
Level 10 - Vaal Summon Skeletons (Replaces Summon Skeleton)
Level 12 - Spirit Offering
Level 15 - Kill Everyone - 2 Skill Points
Level 16 - Desecrate x2
Level 18 - Minion Speed Support x2
Level 18 - Minion Life Support
Level 18 - Melee Physical Damage Support x2
Level 24 - Hatred
Level 24 - Enfeeble
Level 24 - Temporal Chains
Level 31 - Blasphemy Support
Level 31 - Generosity Support
Level 31 - Fortify Support x2
Level 34 - Summon Stone Golem
Level 38 - Cast when Damage Taken
Level 38 - Curse on Hit
(Let me know if you saw any errors in the list.)

- There are two NPCs that sell all purchasable gems: the first one is Siosa in the Library in Act 3 (you have to do his quest first (the Library is connected to The Imperial Gardens)), the second NPC is Lilly Roth in Act 6 (Do her quest in Act 6).
Awesome. So if you have any questions let me know and I'll respond the best I can. Don't feel embarrassed. Ask anything you like. It's easy to miss/overlook details in the guide or on the wiki. Likely someone else wants to know the answer too :). (I likely won't have time to evaluate characters (sorry!) but I've listed in general what mods to look for on your items so you know what to look for and improve upon. Don't forget to check the Tips section if you're new too.)

Replies: Feel free to respond to other players' posts! The more that's out there, the more we learn. Please be kind, respectful, and theoretical (not a Know-It-All) when helping others out. I will happily respond to questions but please note that I have multiple guides and I'd like to respond to each equally. I’ll do my best to get back to you as quickly as possible but set your expectations that I'll respond to each guide once a week. (Too much time responding to guides makes an unhappy spouse...an unhappy spouse means less time for guide replies...less time for guide replies makes an unhappy me...Unhappy spouse + unhappy me = an epic hockey fight with sweet uppercuts which I would obviously lose...a lost hockey fight against my spouse = busted hands that I can't type with, no teeth to voice type with, and black eyes that I can't read with. So one build a day, m'kay? K.)

Here's a list of my OTHER GUIDES if you're interested :).

OH! Don't forget, to support GGG by buying a skin for all your favourite skills you use. They last forever, you look rad, and it keeps PoE going too :).

Double OH! I make a new thread every league for every guide I do. So all the comments, questions, and answers you read are all relevant for this current expansion. (At the end of a league I post links in the previous guide to guide players to the newest rendition of the build.)

K. Done. Happy gaming :).
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Sep 5, 2019, 12:04:33 AM
Last bumped on Sep 5, 2019, 12:03:17 AM
Look's good! Doesn't look like anything really changed for this except for the Charged Dash changes which is more of a buff then anything really. Hopefully they also fixed that bug you mentioned in the last thread for Charged Dash! :D

Just checked the new PoB,I noticed in the notes tab you show that you were/are in the process of making 3 different trees? On the Tree tab in the tree selection drop down menu there is only Slow Mo and the old 3.6 Slow Mo tree.

Dunno if you meant to not include those or if they are still a WIP and aren't ready for positing but figured I would ask :D
Last edited by Guru1619 on Jun 6, 2019, 3:25:43 AM
"
Guru1619 wrote:
Look's good! Doesn't look like anything really changed for this except for the Charged Dash changes which is more of a buff then anything really. Hopefully they also fixed that bug you mentioned in the last thread for Charged Dash! :D

Just checked the new PoB,I noticed in the notes tab you show that you were/are in the process of making 3 different trees? On the Tree tab in the tree selection drop down menu there is only Slow Mo and the old 3.6 Slow Mo tree.

Dunno if you meant to not include those or if they are still a WIP and aren't ready for positing but figured I would ask :D
Hey Guru1619!

Always nice to hear from you :). The tree has changed a lot. I also focused on AoE this time as well. I'm hoping the new animations for melee will allow me to use skills I couldn't previously.

Sorry about the notes and extra trees. I always forget to delete them. Those were notes from a previous request I had from 3.6. I'll touch up those little details tomorrow and re-post the pastebin so there isn't any confusion.

Thanks for the compliment! I hope you enjoy it if you play it. Let me know what you think of course :).

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Jun 6, 2019, 2:17:56 PM
"
"
Guru1619 wrote:

Hey Guru1619!

Always nice to hear from you :). The tree has changed a lot. I also focused on AoE this time as well. I'm hoping the new animations for melee will allow me to use skills I couldn't previously.

Sorry about the notes and extra trees. I always forget to delete them. Those were notes from a previous request I had from 3.6. I'll touch up those little details tomorrow and re-post the pastebin so there isn't any confusion.

Thanks for the compliment! I hope you enjoy it if you play it. Let me know what you think of course :).

:D

True, though not seeing any major AoE changes via the tree? Thought this was an AoE build anyways since we go for the Zombie Slam mostly and then Skeletons for anything they didn't kill (well how I played it anyways haha).

Ah! No problems, was just curious heh.

Any reasons for not taking Sovereignty and the 2 4% reduced mana reservation nodes and Influence? Would be a nice bonus to Hatred i think, unless the points would be worth more spent elsewhere of course... hmm. will have to do some looking again i guess! :D
Hi there,

First of, what a fantastic guide!

Pretty new to PoE, started on PS4 so just got my feet wet in Synthesis :)

I've decided to use your build as a starter on SSF in Legion and see how far it'll get me.

Just have 2 questions for now, what's the deal with cold damage and EE? And is that PoB link the correct one?

Thanks mate!
"
GreyBrainCell wrote:
Hi there,

I've decided to use your build as a starter on SSF in Legion and see how far it'll get me.

Just have 2 questions for now, what's the deal with cold damage and EE? And is that PoB link the correct one?

Thanks mate!

Cold Damage is for our Minions via Hatred + Generosity. They(Minions) can't proc EE, but they can benefit form the -Res it puts on enemies. Thus we do not want any kind of 'Add Cold Damage to Attacks' modifiers. Need a Fire or Lightning modifier to proc EE via Consecrated Path or whichever movement/attack skill you decide to use.

The PoB link is correct just make sure after importing it, you are on the 'Slow Mo' tree and not the '3.6 Slow Mo' tree.
Last edited by Guru1619 on Jun 6, 2019, 12:10:17 PM
Spoiler
"
Guru1619 wrote:
"
"
Guru1619 wrote:

Hey Guru1619!

"
Guru1619 wrote:

:D

True, though not seeing any major AoE changes via the tree? Thought this was an AoE build anyways since we go for the Zombie Slam mostly and then Skeletons for anything they didn't kill (well how I played it anyways haha).

Ah! No problems, was just curious heh.

Any reasons for not taking Sovereignty and the 2 4% reduced mana reservation nodes and Influence? Would be a nice bonus to Hatred i think, unless the points would be worth more spent elsewhere of course... hmm. will have to do some looking again i guess! :D
All good suggestions for sure! Do what you like the most :).

I was pretty happy with the tree and build progress the last few leagues so I didn't want to stretch survivability at all for the sake of AoE.

Annnnnd

Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Jun 6, 2019, 1:13:19 PM
"
Guru1619 wrote:
"
GreyBrainCell wrote:
Hi there,

Thanks mate!

Cold Damage is for our Minions via Hatred + Generosity. They(Minions) can't proc EE, but they can benefit form the -Res it puts on enemies. Thus we do not want any kind of 'Add Cold Damage to Attacks' modifiers. Need a Fire or Lightning modifier to proc EE via Consecrated Path or whichever movement/attack skill you decide to use.

The PoB link is correct just make sure after importing it, you are on the 'Slow Mo' tree and not the '3.6 Slow Mo' tree.
Thanks GreyBrainCell!

I hope you enjoy the build! I love how GGG made the console game.

Let me know if you have any questions after Guru1619's response.

I've updated the PoB Pastebin to not have any extra distractions. It's up to date.

I hope you love PoE. Feel free to ask about whatever you can't find in the guide.

Annnnnd

Hi Wrecker_of_Days.

Just posting to give you a warm "thank you" for posting a great build.
I'm coming back to PoE after a 2-year hiatus, and this Necro build was exactly what I was looking for. A fresh idea after all the builds I've done in the past, and served on a great, comprehensive guide :)

I can't wait to relax, drink a nice whisky and command my horde.

See you in Legion!
"
"
Guru1619 wrote:
"
GreyBrainCell wrote:
Hi there,

Thanks mate!

Thanks GreyBrainCell!

I hope you enjoy the build! I love how GGG made the console game.

Let me know if you have any questions after Guru1619's response.

I've updated the PoB Pastebin to not have any extra distractions. It's up to date.

I hope you love PoE. Feel free to ask about whatever you can't find in the guide.

Thank you both for the replies, much appreciated, all clear, for now ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info