Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters) (1-Button, HC SSF, Pure Item Freedom)

This post has moved to https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875!

The new link is still the same One-Stop Shop where you can find all my builds and filters and such. I just wanted those who are searching for builds like mine to be able to find these builds easier, in case these builds are what they are looking for. I feel they have a better chance of finding these builds in one of the actual build sub-forums than in the Community Showcase. So, I won't be updating this page anymore, just the new one linked above. See you over there!

Hey Everyone!

If you like the idea of Stress-Free Path of Exile, you've come to the right place. Here you'll find access to:

- A laid-back podcast that's 99% Path of Exile (maybe 98.7%...).
- Some stress-free builds to take you through whatever Atlas Passive Tree you've built.
- And filters that show as little as possible without missing out on anything.

Forever Exiled: a laid-back Path of Exile podcast that you'll love, if you're rad
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/

If you're looking for a Podcast that's 99% Path of Exile, my buddy Tagz and I have exactly that! A podcast that's 99% Path of Exile! We put out an episode once a week and talk about all things Path of Exile, 99% of the time. We aren't concerned about the community's opinion regarding the game. We talk about what we like/don't like, and laugh the whole way through!

Tagz started playing Path of Exile during Beta (April 2012) and I started playing Path of Exile in 2014. We've been gaming together since the NES days. We have VERY different preferences and playstyles when it comes to playing Path of Exile, so we never run out of things to make fun of each other about. So, if you want to join a couple of buds talking PoE over a few drinks, pull up a chair and enjoy yourselves! We're growing like crazy and we couldn't be more thankful to our listeners. Thank you so much to all that listen!

Stress-Free PoE? Item Freedom? 1-Button Play? SSF? League Start-End?
I love the old dungeon crawlers where you had no clue where to go and every one of your equipped items came from what your dead enemies dropped. You were at the mercy of chance. So when playing PoE, I love implementing that very concept; to just pick up the game, play, and be successful with the items that drop. No shopping required. I just love the excitement that every drop could be an upgrade (i.e. not being married to items or mods). It's also kinda nice to just load a game and play...even one as complex as PoE.

So my builds don't require any specific items for you to be successful. You can play at your pace since you will choose all your gear. You can play at breakneck speed or slowly pick up every Scroll of Wisdom and inspect every item as you pick it up :). (I don't play a fast playstyle. So just make the minor changes you want, to make your build faster.)

Don't worry, I'm not naive to the fact that you need good gear to progress and be successful in the Atlas. All success in PoE is dependent on gear. I'm just saying that you don't have to go shopping for anything to clear the Atlas. With the Passive Tree and Gem setups in my builds, you can take what the game gives you, and as long as you're not overlooking the basics (life, resists, Attack weapon stats), you'll clear the Atlas no problem. (It's such an awesome game when you're using items you've found.) So obviously the builds are great for Solo Self Found BUT I love playing with friends too. So I make sure my builds are great for co-op as well; they won't be dependent on mechanics that other players can steal from you ("on kill" mechanics for instance). (Though, I am a curse lover. And curses and multiplayer don't work well in most cases. So that'll be my exception there.)

The Stress-Free part of my builds is, of course, being able to use the items that the game gives you which I just mentioned. But I also like to make the gameplay as simple as possible (for the medical reasons I mention in the "Why My Builds Are the Way They Are" section). I like my builds to only need one or two active buttons to press. I don't like having to button-mash 5 active skills and/or always keep my flasks up. So the "Stress-Free" part is not just gear, but also playstyle. Let the game do the work for you ;).
Why My Builds Are the Way They Are
I used to play all sorts of wonderfully aggressive sports with blissful apathy. As a result, I'm gimped all over, along with dealing with (what seems to be permanent) post-concussion syndrome. Without getting all "doctor" on you, if I want to play a game for a good while and be able to function when I'm finished playing, I have to avoid many things in video games. I was surprised when I started publicizing my builds that accommodated my huge list of triggers, that there were many people that needed to play PoE the same way that I do. I have since found that there are many people who, though they don't need to play a specific way, prefer the un-hectic experience I create for myself.

Some examples of things that I try to avoid in games are:

- Fast or unpredictable movement on-screen (especially with a mouse).
- Quick and specific button presses at specific times (like flasks).
- Specific aiming/clicking with the mouse (the inventory on PC exhausts me).
- Bright flashes and busy screens.
- Quick thinking and reacting.
- And a billion other things ;) .

The reason that I write this part isn't so that you feel sorry for me but to explain why there are certain elements of my builds that are not maximized in a way that the general community would typically maximize their builds.

As limiting as that seems, this game provides endless character-building options. That is the glory of Path of Exile.

So my builds are great for:
- New players.
- Experienced players that want a build but still love looting.
- Players that don't like button mashing.
- Players that prefer playing with only one or two buttons.
- Players that like a relaxing PoE experience.
- Players with medical conditions (like epilepsy or those with physical limitations that are restricted in how they use a keyboard and/or mouse…)
- Players that like the best builds ever made in the history of Path of Exile ;).
- Players that love loot :).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MY BUILDS
My builds used to be posted as guides, with tons of explanations that really helped understand each mechanic of every build. I am no longer able to do guides (if you're curious, here's why) which really does pain me because it was such a pleasure to help, or at least be a part of, people's experiences in Path of Exile. I miss it very much. However, when I stopped writing guides, I had such an encouraging amount of well wishes and love but also requests to keep my builds public. Thanks to https://PoEPlanner.com/, I'm able to make my builds public for anyone to follow at any time. If you follow whichever build(s) by logging in to PoE Planner or bookmarking the link (which you can get by clicking on the globe by the build's title), you'll always have the most up-to-date version of my changes.[/u] I love stuff that updates online.* (PoE Planner is very mobile-friendly too!)

As a positive disclaimer, these are the builds I play myself, on my own time (or have made for others). So know that they aren't slapped together or made lazily. I don't have a lot of time to myself, so each build is one I have high expectations of. They should be able to do all content or Atlas layouts with the proper gear. If you give any of the builds a shot, I hope you enjoy them! (But, as they are the builds I play, I may make a change or two unexpectedly. I'll do my best to only make changes in between leagues (as I know people will be following these builds), but there may be the occasional mid-league tweak.)

Now just as a heads up, I don't plan my builds around league content. So each build may have varying pros and cons that fluctuate each league. That being said, I obviously make them so they can handle all content in the core game.

Want Build Updates?: If you'd like to be updated about when my builds are up-to-date for the upcoming league, you can follow my Twitter account. I'm not in it "for the follows" and I don't post opinions. It's 99% Path of Exile build posts and replies to GGG. (It's the most convenient way I can think of to update those who are interested in my builds.)

HERE ARE THE BUILDS AND THEIR LINKS:

Unless otherwise stated, all of my builds are designed for Hardcore Solo-Self-Found. They are all built with a "survivability-first" mentality that, as previously mentioned, don't require any specific items or mods. I expect them all to complete whatever content you're considering/dreaming of, with the proper gear.

3.23: BONE ZOMBIES (Right click!) - This Zombie build is my oldest and most seasoned of all my builds and has withstood the test of every meta change since 3.0. Up until this league, this zombie build has been strictly softcore. But, I think I've finally found a way for me to play Zombies, my way, and get through the Uber content in Hardcore. I'll be playing this build with you this league to see how it feels and if it's truly HC viable. There are also a couple of Minion Supports I've included that are new to this league. Hopefully, the supports pan out. If not, I'll have to shuffle a gem or two around. So, all that being said, this is a very well-balanced physical Zombie build. There are plenty of other support minions but the Zombies (and Skeletons) are the focus. Even though we'll be playing as a Necromancer, we'll be capable of, but not required to be in close-quarter combat with our zombies right beside us, tanking and smashing all the content we come across. We've maxed the minion survivability options to us on the tree (except for physical reflect) so all you need to do is take care of yourself. This is a well-balanced build for both offence and defence. Bone Armour, Bone Offering (lots of Attack and Spell block with Glancing Blows), elemental ailment immunity, Elemetantal Resist cap at 81%, Physical Mitigation at 86%, and many other wonderfully automatic mechanics keep us safe, while our minions do the rest. Not only that, this build is wonderfully co-op friendly as we have many ally perks. You'll clear the Atlas with a yawn and smile. It's easy 1-button fun! (Don't forget to check the Notes tab within the build.)

3.23: RIGHTEOUS BOND (Right click!) - Everyone needs a good RF build to play every now and then. Back in the day, everyone always talked about needing specific unique items to sustain RF. It drove me nuts. So in 3.5, I came out with my first RF guide that didn't require any items. I wanted as many people to experience RF as possible and didn't want to see one of my favourite skills gated behind specific drops. Obviously, a lot has changed since then, but the build has carried on ever since. As mentioned, this is a Righteous Fire Chieftain build. You can use any items you find and you'll easily be able to sustain RF. You can use a Shield, two sceptres, a staff, whatever you want. The Chieftain makes this build an all-round tank but none of it is specific to RF. We have 88% Elemental Resists, life regen (obviously), 80% physical damage mitigation, life recoup, elemental ailment immunity...It's all wrapped up in an easy, relaxing playstyle that lets you pick the items you want. The levelling process is a bit slow at first but once you can sustain RF, you'll fly through the atlas with a yawn and a smile. It's easy 1 button fun! (Don't forget to check the Notes tab within the build.)

3.23: WAAAAAD's WEEEEEPAAAAAH!!!!! (WoD's Reaper) (Right click!) - This is an Elementalist Reaper build. It's a defence-first build with tons of room for growth. Our golems provide us with free defensive perks and also "feed" the Reaper for her offensive boosts. The golems automatically spawn, which was one of my biggest draws to the Elementalist (hands-free feeding). Without much investment, our elemental mitigation is huge. Without gear, our elemental resist caps will be at 82/81/81%. This lets us have a major focus on defensive damage mitigation and loads of life recovery. We then add on Bastion of Elements, Enfeeble, Petrified Blood, golem taunts, Stationary perks, and Elemental Ailment Immunity. So, even without gear, our overall hit pool is quite large. The Elementalist has you in safe hands. For a defence-first build, we have a decent amount of damage for the Reaper on the tree, all of which can easily be improved with items (even a little bit of minion survivability if need be). Hopefully, you enjoy the build and find it as stress-free and efficient as I do! Let me know what you think if you give it a go! It's easy 1 button fun! (Don't forget to check the Notes tab within the build.)

Builds from Previous Leagues (That Haven't Been Updated Yet...or Won't Be)
3.21: TRIGGER HAPPY - I love this build. It's one of the most requested updates, by fans of my playstyle, every league. But, consider it more of a "meme" build. The playstyle of it doesn't suit many mechanics in the game. This is a max Block (87% Attack Block, 73% Spell Block (almost 75%)) Gladiator that loves its Counter-Attack skills. Two of the Counter-Attack skills deal damage, while the other is a utility. (Riposte was chosen as the utility because of its Dex. requirement.) The build's primary attack is any Physical Melee AoE skill linked to General's Cry. I like Earthshatter cause it sounds awesome in-game, but pick whatever you like. Once the build is set up, the build is tons of fun and quite defensive. You want to stand right in the middle of all the chaos and let those Counter-Attacks fly! Unfortunately, the build does require a pretty decent one-handed weapon to have "alright" single-target damage as you get into higher-tier content. Other than that, your only weakness is DOT. Block and Petrified Blood don't help you there. The build has lots of movement speed that keeps you safe when it's silly to stand still. I hope you like it! It really is quite fun to play. It's easy 1-button fun! Thanks as always for the fantastic feedback!

3.20: DOMINATING ZOMBIES - This is likely the most aggressive build I have, though it doesn't need to be. This Guardian build takes advantage of the nice balance between buffing allies both offensively and defensively, along with ourselves. Even the friends you play with will benefit from our movement speed, physical damage mitigation, and global damage perks. Our primary allies will be zombies, along with a couple of other very helpful straggling minions. We, ourselves, will be quite tanky even if you pick the playstyle of being stationary. Our skills, and a notable or two, keep us comfortably in Close-quarters combat. But you don't need to be in CQC if you don't want to! I've added an optional weapon swap. The aggressive version of this build uses Dominating Blow with Zombies, while the laid-back weapon set lets us coast around with Molten Shell. There are equal pros and cons to each option. I've even made sure that all skills in each weapon/shield don't need to be activated (like a minion or aura). Every weapon swap is good to go right away. I've had a ton of fun with this build in the Atlas. Hopefully, you do too! It's easy 1-button fun!

3.20: SLOW-MO (Super Fast) ZOMBIES - Slow-Mo Zombies is back! I think I found a way to make a zombie build and investment into curse efficiency work efficiently and cohesively in end-game! I haven't played this build yet but I really hope it works out. Gosh, who remembers the old-school Slow-Mo Zombies builds, hey? Good times. So this zombie build obviously focuses on Curse Efficiency. Unfortunately, it's quite difficult to make a solid zombie build with cluster jewels in SSF. So curse efficiency is limited to the vanilla tree and the Occultist. Our minions have a focus on Chaos/Poison damage and Speed. (Obviously, minion survivability, along with our own, is a priority as well.) Our auras and curses will be our defence. The "Slow-Mo" comes from my love and insistence of including Temporal Chains. I finally succumbed to using Bane instead of blasphemies for curse application; so Bane is our "one-button". Again, I haven't played this build, but I'm really hoping that the Occultist's nodes really shine through. It's easy 1-button fun! We really don't have much defence outside of our auras and curses. So here's hoping that our curse investment is worth it!

3.20: Kris' Chaos Bow Build - This is the Chaos Bow build I made for my buddy Kris. Like all of my other builds, it's built with defence as a priority. Unlike all of my other builds, this isn't a one-button build. This is a Caustic Arrow & Toxic Rain Trickster with a decent amount of natural Movement Speed. Evasion and Spell Suppression are the defensive focuses with the obvious Chaos DOT on offence. I personally haven't played this build, but I've had some very positive feedback from those that have taken the build into deep end-game. But please feel free to provide honest feedback so I can make the build better for him (and you). (In regards to feedback, though I don't play HC, I design all my builds for SSF HC.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Filters
Oh my goodness! A link! You should click on it. Definitely. WOW! Look at all those pretty green FOLLOW buttons. You should press them all ;).

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Wrecker_of_Days/item-filters

I LOVE FILTERS! So, I make my own! THEY ARE AMAZING ;). For me, making filters is just as fun as playing Path of Exile. If you're looking to cut down on the amount of garbage on your screen but don't actually want to miss anything, my filters are right up your alley. They only filter equipable items. Everything else will show. I've made two types of filters:

1 - A filter that only shows gear relevant to my builds posted here. (Currently, it revolves around my Reaper, RF, and Zombie builds.)
2 - A filter for everyone that's relevant for all builds.

Each filter is available on all platforms.

The filters are designed for SSF play and, once you're out of the campaign, will show only rare items (with some obvious exceptions).

Here's the gist of how the filters work:
- When an item's better version becomes available, the worse item becomes hidden. For example, a Small Life flask will only show until a Medium Life flask is available.
- But the same goes for ALL items. I've based replacements on base types and implicit ratings. So when a Tiger Hook becomes available, it'll hide the Grappler. When the Sorcerer Boots are capable of dropping, the Arcanist Slippers will be hidden.
- The visual and audio themes become more and more informative the deeper you progress in the game, allowing you to easily recognize drops for what they are and be as picky as a stuck-up prince/princess when your character is all setup.

The filters still show all other currency, fragments, maps, div. cards...everything. (Though I do require some items to be in increasingly greater groups to be displayed as we progress in maps. I.e. scrolls and scraps.)

I personally think the filters are at a really good balance of not showing too much, while also giving you decent opportunities for upgrades based on where you are in the game. Let me know if I'm wrong!

Please let me know if you have any feedback or see any errors you may find within the filters...otherwise, I hope they enhance your PoE experience!

If my filters interest you, once you've clicked on the link above, click "Follow" next to the filter(s) that you want. It'll automatically load to your filter list in-game when you log-in AND it automatically update any changes I make upon each login as well! Hazaa!
My Social Links
- My YouTube channel used to be 100% PoE when I wrote guides. Now it's mostly Elden Ring bosses fights I've done. There isn't much reason to visit it now. Though, I do have a video of getting a mirror 100 years ago and a 3-minute video of filter icons and beam colours that I made for my own reference. That's cool, right?
- My Twitter account is 100% PoE. I only use it to update followers on my builds and filters. (I don't use Twitter for personal stuff...like "feelings" or "politics". It's just PoE.)
- My Twitch channel is where I broadcast all my PoE play (and F1 and Elden Ring). If I'm broadcasting, I'm up for chatting. So feel free to chat or lurk! Broadcasting is fun either way :).
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Dec 26, 2023, 2:40:49 AM
Last bumped on Feb 15, 2024, 9:30:36 AM
Nice, found some RF gear in SSF and was wondering if I could make it work.
Will be working with your RF guide soon ;)
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
I've struggled with the mathematical question "Which qualities should I pick up given that a total of 40 is required for a reward?" for a while. I've convinced myself that it's not all>10. You're essentially giving up a lot of round off if you do that. If all your items are 10 or higher, you essentially waste about 25% of the quality you pick up. You need smaller ones in the mix to avoid rounding down all the time.

It's also not all. Then you pick up too many 5%s and you end up wasting a lot of time/space on things you don't benefit much for.

There's a math problem here that's really too complex to "solve".

I go with 8% or higher as a compromise.

That's good at eliminating 5:1 trades. If your goal is to remove all 4:1 trades as well, you're probably better of going higher than 10... maybe 11 or 12%.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Jul 28, 2019, 11:43:20 AM
I have my filter set for 8% on flasks and I take all quality gems.
That's exactly my solution to. It's not one-size-fits-all though. It depends on how much you can store and how much you detest doing it. Personal issues. I've just found that 10% or higher is very wasteful. It's definitely a discrete setting though. I'd go with either 8 or 12 over 10.

The goal of 8 is to fill in the gaps caused by having 3 potions not totaling 40... so you get some 4:1s and some 3:1s.

The goal of 12 is to have all trades 3:1.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Jul 28, 2019, 12:07:57 PM
I use 1 regular tab for Q gems and 1 for Q flasks, once they are full (or mostly so) I vendor away.
I have been doing it since before filters came out, so they have been a god-send.
Definitely having a few blank areas in your stash can help your economy.

Flask mashing. Quality gem mashing. Chaos recipe components. Low-EV shaper/elder bases for bulk trading. Even crappy high-ilvl uniques for the 5-to-1 prophecy.

When I first started playing, even with 12 stash tabs I filled up everything to the brim with crafting bases, magic items I couldn't afford to multimod, temple affix items I couldn't afford to annul safely, shit I wanted to leo slam but the needy items outnumbered the leo slam opportunities.

I had no room to actually store flasks for mashing, I was always short of glassblowers. I had no room to save items until I had full chaos sets, so I was losing money (selling alts and alchs was and still is a net loss). This left me no space to list items for trade, too broke to get annuls and fix up the tantalizing Topotante bows, xopec rings, Subterranean flammability-on-hit and phys-to-cold delicacies I kept getting.

I looked away while my mate came over and brutally winnowed the clutter. He fixed my itemfilter. The surgery was not painless, but I was surprised at what I didn't miss - it's melee league now and I never did make a dual wielding paradoxica DS/VDS slayer or facebreaker chieftain.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I dig your formatting. The humour and clarity of the writing. The reasoning behind your design approach. This is good forum content.

I'll be watching this space for Saturday. The other builds don't really interest me, but I'm very curious to see how you make a highly intensive playstyle such as dodging/phasing/backstabbing accommodate your health-conscious criterion. :)
Thanks. You're very kind. The build you're referring to is currently Raider. I hear they're changing Raider in 3.8 so we'll see. If they change the Dodge and Phase nodes of the Raider the build may have to be a different class. So I'm waiting for that change first.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
DoubleU wrote:
Nice, found some RF gear in SSF and was wondering if I could make it work.
Will be working with your RF guide soon ;)
Cool. I hope you enjoy it! Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions regarding the build or guide.

Annnnnd

Spoiler
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I've struggled with the mathematical question "Which qualities should I pick up given that a total of 40 is required for a reward?" for a while. I've convinced myself that it's not all>10. You're essentially giving up a lot of round off if you do that. If all your items are 10 or higher, you essentially waste about 25% of the quality you pick up. You need smaller ones in the mix to avoid rounding down all the time.

It's also not all. Then you pick up too many 5%s and you end up wasting a lot of time/space on things you don't benefit much for.

There's a math problem here that's really too complex to "solve".

I go with 8% or higher as a compromise.

That's good at eliminating 5:1 trades. If your goal is to remove all 4:1 trades as well, you're probably better of going higher than 10... maybe 11 or 12%.
"
DoubleU wrote:
I have my filter set for 8% on flasks and I take all quality gems.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
That's exactly my solution to. It's not one-size-fits-all though. It depends on how much you can store and how much you detest doing it. Personal issues. I've just found that 10% or higher is very wasteful. It's definitely a discrete setting though. I'd go with either 8 or 12 over 10.

The goal of 8 is to fill in the gaps caused by having 3 potions not totaling 40... so you get some 4:1s and some 3:1s.

The goal of 12 is to have all trades 3:1.
"
DoubleU wrote:
I use 1 regular tab for Q gems and 1 for Q flasks, once they are full (or mostly so) I vendor away.
I have been doing it since before filters came out, so they have been a god-send.
"
crunkatog wrote:
Definitely having a few blank areas in your stash can help your economy.

Flask mashing. Quality gem mashing. Chaos recipe components. Low-EV shaper/elder bases for bulk trading. Even crappy high-ilvl uniques for the 5-to-1 prophecy.

When I first started playing, even with 12 stash tabs I filled up everything to the brim with crafting bases, magic items I couldn't afford to multimod, temple affix items I couldn't afford to annul safely, shit I wanted to leo slam but the needy items outnumbered the leo slam opportunities.

I had no room to actually store flasks for mashing, I was always short of glassblowers. I had no room to save items until I had full chaos sets, so I was losing money (selling alts and alchs was and still is a net loss). This left me no space to list items for trade, too broke to get annuls and fix up the tantalizing Topotante bows, xopec rings, Subterranean flammability-on-hit and phys-to-cold delicacies I kept getting.

I looked away while my mate came over and brutally winnowed the clutter. He fixed my itemfilter. The surgery was not painless, but I was surprised at what I didn't miss - it's melee league now and I never did make a dual wielding paradoxica DS/VDS slayer or facebreaker chieftain.
I have one normal tab for gems and one for flasks. I put all gems/flasks I pick up in those tabs. I use Conscript 1 as my console filter. On PC I make all gems with any quality show up and I have flasks with 10%+ show up. In my opinion you can never too many GCPs but I don't use anywhere near the same amount of Glassblowers. When each tab is full, I just vendor them all...if they didn't sell. I'll keep any extra gems/flasks that didn't quite make the last GCP/GBB. Then keep the process going.

That's how I do it.

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info