3.7| Stress Free PoE - SLOW-MO ZOMBIES |Clear the Atlas with YOUR Items at YOUR Pace (SSF & Co-op)

"
Been toying around with some other movement skills and found cyclone is decent for clearing mobs. Need to try on some high tier bosses yet to see how it holds up but for just trash it works nice! And if you can find a elder gloves with faster attacks is a nice add too!
Hey Quicksilver27025!

Well well well. What a good suggestion! I appreciate you posting a suggested replacement for Consecrated Ground since it didn't get the same animation as Leap Slam. That's thoughtful of you. And you know, coincidentally I was playing with Cyclone (and Tectonic Slam) the last couple nights and quite liked it. I too was curious how Cyclone worked in the middle of the atlas and so I loaded up my 3.5(?) zombie build to try it out.

Here's how it went against the Hydra. I'd say it worked pretty good! I did the Minotaur as well. Not as clean as the Hydra, but done is done. I like your suggestion a lot.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
"
Been toying around with some other movement skills and found cyclone is decent for clearing mobs. Need to try on some high tier bosses yet to see how it holds up but for just trash it works nice! And if you can find a elder gloves with faster attacks is a nice add too!
Hey Quicksilver27025!

Well well well. What a good suggestion! I appreciate you posting a suggested replacement for Consecrated Ground since it didn't get the same animation as Leap Slam. That's thoughtful of you. And you know, coincidentally I was playing with Cyclone (and Tectonic Slam) the last couple nights and quite liked it. I too was curious how Cyclone worked in the middle of the atlas and so I loaded up my 3.5(?) zombie build to try it out.

Here's how it went against the Hydra. I'd say it worked pretty good! I did the Minotaur as well. Not as clean as the Hydra, but done is done. I like your suggestion a lot.

Hey Wrecker

More than happy to offer suggestions if I find something to help out and thanks for sharing the video. Hydra is a fun map, Minotaur uhg those rocks are a pain for me! lol

I did a few hard mod maps tonight and like you I found cyclone to work real well. It is not a fast mover but i'm finding it to be more my style. The thing I love the most is how smooth it is. I had some LGOH rings I kept from another build I had done a few months back and put them on and done some testing and they work real nice with cyclone so if you want some added survivability one could be on the lookout for such rings if they decide to. I do think I will be using cyclone from now it makes this build run so smooth I can't see myself changing it.

So while I was at it tonight I thought I wonder how it would work on your RF build and sure enough it ran so good I will be using cyclone on that build as well. No more bumping into enemies we can just spin right past while they melt! lol

I will have to try out Tectonic Slam, not sure if I have even used it before or not.

Spoiler
"
"
"
Hey Quicksilver27025!

"
Hey Wrecker

More than happy to offer suggestions if I find something to help out and thanks for sharing the video. Hydra is a fun map, Minotaur uhg those rocks are a pain for me! lol

I did a few hard mod maps tonight and like you I found cyclone to work real well. It is not a fast mover but i'm finding it to be more my style. The thing I love the most is how smooth it is. I had some LGOH rings I kept from another build I had done a few months back and put them on and done some testing and they work real nice with cyclone so if you want some added survivability one could be on the lookout for such rings if they decide to. I do think I will be using cyclone from now it makes this build run so smooth I can't see myself changing it.

So while I was at it tonight I thought I wonder how it would work on your RF build and sure enough it ran so good I will be using cyclone on that build as well. No more bumping into enemies we can just spin right past while they melt! lol

I will have to try out Tectonic Slam, not sure if I have even used it before or not.
I agree. It's slow, even with 30% movement speed on boots, but it "phases" through enemies. A much smoother but riskier skill. Regarding RF, that's awesome. I was doing the same as well! Great minds think alike ;). We have similar play styles. I'll see if I can post a video about that one on the RF thread soon.

Tectonic Slam is a slow attack but may suite some playstyles. It's nice cause it comes naturally with an element that works with EE and it also has great range for a melee skill.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Have any of you fine folks had any luck with the "break out 150 Legion monsters" challenge using this build? I'm wondering if it's a matter of gear or if grouping up is the only way.
"
Katalaeia wrote:
Have any of you fine folks had any luck with the "break out 150 Legion monsters" challenge using this build? I'm wondering if it's a matter of gear or if grouping up is the only way.

I recently got this Challenge - but full disclaimer, I was not trying for it at the time (I was in The Foothills trying to deal with some Xbox specific problems).

My work in progress Legion strategy is
clear out all the other stuff first
determine if there is a "weak" and "strong" side to the pillar
quickly Cast full complement of Skeletons on the weak side
quickly Cast Vaal Skeletons on the strong side
activate the Pillar
Start attacking (to direct the Zombies) while moving to the perimeter
(on the Strong side, if no "sides", currently I am dividing the area into thirds)
take out as much good stuff with the Zombies on the edge before the timer ends
get out of Dodge when the timer ends
circle back to the edge of the combat and cast Vaal Skeletons to mop up
It still seems random - some magnificent hauls, some empty nets ...

however - it is a strategy tailored to how I personalized the build
(which is, I use Tectonic Slam to apply buffs/debuffs and I invested in extended skill duration (Potency of Will down by EE, and Puppet Master))

The generally applicable take-away is probably pick a suitable area. I like The Foothills because it has a portal; it is fairly wide open; and, any Jewellery that drops is Chaos Formula acceptable. If specifically going for the Challenge, I suggest deprioritizing the good stuff and just try firing down the rows to activate as many units as possible.
Formerly posted under AnExile_onthePath
"
"
Hey Quicksilver27025!

Well well well. What a good suggestion! ...

That Cyclone option sounds interesting (and fun). I shall have to check it out once I have given up hope on gaining another level. But I guess that I had better get around to it during this League, 'cause I strongly expect Cyclone to get some nerfing applied once Legion ends.

Elder Helms and Elder Gloves definitely bring something extra to the Build (but they are not cheap).

"
walkjohn55 wrote:

I recently got this Challenge - but full disclaimer, I was not trying for it at the time (I was in The Foothills trying to deal with some Xbox specific problems).

My work in progress Legion strategy is
clear out all the other stuff first
determine if there is a "weak" and "strong" side to the pillar
quickly Cast full complement of Skeletons on the weak side
quickly Cast Vaal Skeletons on the strong side
activate the Pillar
Start attacking (to direct the Zombies) while moving to the perimeter
(on the Strong side, if no "sides", currently I am dividing the area into thirds)
take out as much good stuff with the Zombies on the edge before the timer ends
get out of Dodge when the timer ends
circle back to the edge of the combat and cast Vaal Skeletons to mop up
It still seems random - some magnificent hauls, some empty nets ...

however - it is a strategy tailored to how I personalized the build
(which is, I use Tectonic Slam to apply buffs/debuffs and I invested in extended skill duration (Potency of Will down by EE, and Puppet Master))

The generally applicable take-away is probably pick a suitable area. I like The Foothills because it has a portal; it is fairly wide open; and, any Jewellery that drops is Chaos Formula acceptable. If specifically going for the Challenge, I suggest deprioritizing the good stuff and just try firing down the rows to activate as many units as possible.

Thanks for the response! I use the Consecrated Path version so I can cover a bit of distance rather easily once I hit the pillar, but once stuff is broken out I'm usually madly smashing my Quicksilver flasks trying to move around as fast as possible.

I've never pre-cast Vaal Skeletons, I usually hit it within a couple seconds of hitting the pillar. I suppose I'm trying to optimize my position? Maybe that's biting me in the bum because that's a couple seconds they're not breaking stuff out.

I never considered dropping my regular Skeletons ahead of time. That's a great idea. I also like the idea of trying to determine the stronger vs weaker side of the pillar - I'm assuming that these terms loosely translate to "stronger = more open/easier to hit more stuff" and "weaker = tighter spaces, hallways, harder to get around/less room for spawns"?

I already figured that choosing the right zone or map would be a factor. I ran a Dunes map last night and the pillar conveniently spawned almost dead center. No challenge completion, but I got a War Trove for my trouble on that one :)
"
Katalaeia wrote:

Thanks for the response! I use the Consecrated Path version so I can cover a bit of distance rather easily once I hit the pillar, but once stuff is broken out I'm usually madly smashing my Quicksilver flasks trying to move around as fast as possible.

I've never pre-cast Vaal Skeletons, I usually hit it within a couple seconds of hitting the pillar. I suppose I'm trying to optimize my position? Maybe that's biting me in the bum because that's a couple seconds they're not breaking stuff out.

I never considered dropping my regular Skeletons ahead of time. That's a great idea. I also like the idea of trying to determine the stronger vs weaker side of the pillar - I'm assuming that these terms loosely translate to "stronger = more open/easier to hit more stuff" and "weaker = tighter spaces, hallways, harder to get around/less room for spawns"?

I already figured that choosing the right zone or map would be a factor. I ran a Dunes map last night and the pillar conveniently spawned almost dead center. No challenge completion, but I got a War Trove for my trouble on that one :)

You are Welcome.

Yes, strong translates to more opportunities to liberate stuff. I should have added a fourth reason that I like The Foothills - it is "free". I also figure that the mobs are more easily freed than in a higher level area.

Regarding the timing of the first Vaal Skeleton cast, I have some extra skill duration to burn - it may not be optimal if you do not. And the "mistake" that I tend to make most often is to start recasting my regular Skeletons out of force of habit rather than just letting them do their thing where they were pre-placed.
"
walkjohn55 wrote:
You are Welcome.

Yes, strong translates to more opportunities to liberate stuff. I should have added a fourth reason that I like The Foothills - it is "free". I also figure that the mobs are more easily freed than in a higher level area.

Regarding the timing of the first Vaal Skeleton cast, I have some extra skill duration to burn - it may not be optimal if you do not. And the "mistake" that I tend to make most often is to start recasting my regular Skeletons out of force of habit rather than just letting them do their thing where they were pre-placed.

I totally understand the concept of "free". I was already considering piling up a convenient lower-tier map specifically for the purpose, but just choosing a good zone makes just as much sense. I'm not worried about the loot when I go for the challenge, after all.

Good point regarding the increased duration. I don't believe I have any myself. Still, it's something I didn't think of before and can at least experiment with. Honestly, I'm just happy to hear someone running this style of build was able to do it! I sort of wish there was some kind of counter that would display the number of monsters broken out so I could have something of an idea of how close I'm getting already, so I would know whether I need major adjustments or just minor tweaking.
I just did a Tropical Island map and it struck me as well suited for the 150 Challenge. It's tends to be wide, but not too wide allowing us to productively split our forces. Not a whole lot of decision making required, but a pretty good setup if you do not get terrible RNG on the placement of the pillar.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info