[3.20] Level with VAAL FLICKER STRIKE from LV28 - LEAGUE START

"
Demisint wrote:
Not really playing this build at all, been looking at different guides and created my own build. But I'm looking for tips or suggestions on what to improve.

Mainly using Flicker Strike for everything, destroy pretty much everything except Sirius, but that's because of his Vortex's...

Struggled sometimes with bosses, but as soon as I got my leech going I do pretty well.

Got 7k life atm, and around 21k armour with flasks and molten shell.

you can put Transcendent Flesh here to get alot of crit multi and some damage reduction
Spoiler
Last edited by rax4r on Dec 31, 2019, 5:31:47 AM
"
rax4r wrote:

you can put Transcendent Flesh here to get alot of crit multi and some damage reduction
Spoiler

Oh my, thanks!
"
Demisint wrote:
Not really playing this build at all, been looking at different guides and created my own build. But I'm looking for tips or suggestions on what to improve.

Mainly using Flicker Strike for everything, destroy pretty much everything except Sirius, but that's because of his Vortex's...

Struggled sometimes with bosses, but as soon as I got my leech going I do pretty well.

Got 7k life atm, and around 21k armour with flasks and molten shell.

Hi, I have a question. How do you maintain constant bleeding? Talent in the tree gives only 10% and ordinary mobs die too fast for you to get hit (not rare).
This is the first time I'm playing flicker strike (then again I only started PoE in legion) and damn it's so much fun.

I am just sat there with a smile when I press the right mouse button.

The only gripe I have is the fact that bosses are a pain in the ass. Even with frenzy, I think that versus my necromancer finishing at act 10 I have 80 deaths more than that character.

Is that purely because of the resistances or other reasons too?
"
DubiousObject wrote:
Amazing guide. I started using it like 3 days ago and I'm in love.
One thing: I'm wondering why you have the Lethal Pride jewel that has Kaom (Strength of Blood), since this has "Recovery from Life Leech is not applied
1% less Damage taken for every 2% Recovery per second from Life Leech". You want Life Leech right? Or did you link the jewel with the wrong name?

im not using the keystone from the orange jewel
"
vinnigun wrote:
Hey, thank you for the guide! I just had a question. I have the option of +1 frenzy charges or 10% attack speed on my gloves. Which is better?

frenzy. it gives 14% atk speed plus 4% more damage. flicker gem description says frenzies give 10% atk speed. add the default effects of frenzy on top
"
sojurne wrote:
Im liking this build, it has been fun leveling with FlickerStrike, only problem I have is with bosses, seems flicker is weak on bosses so i have been using doublestrike to do bosses.... how do you others kill bosses ?

theres multiple ways. one is to use frenzy and just melee them down as u generate frenzies. u can also alternate frenzy/flicker. ideal is if u have enough flivker dps that u kill them instantly
"
evilswordfish wrote:
This is the first time I'm playing flicker strike (then again I only started PoE in legion) and damn it's so much fun.

I am just sat there with a smile when I press the right mouse button.

The only gripe I have is the fact that bosses are a pain in the ass. Even with frenzy, I think that versus my necromancer finishing at act 10 I have 80 deaths more than that character.

Is that purely because of the resistances or other reasons too?

necro minions is a very safe build. thats why hc players use it. flicker is the absolute opposite. u played the tankiest and then the most fragile build lol

it takes skill imho to play flicker and be able to avoid damage. u can predict where you will flicker next, and also know when to stop flickering to avoid damage.

of course, u need good defensive gear and gem setups too

there are ways to beat bosses efficiently. most importantly, u need dps. see some tips in my comment above
Last edited by Hollyphantom on Jan 1, 2020, 3:42:25 AM
"
ANDROMEDASTAR wrote:

Hi, I have a question. How do you maintain constant bleeding? Talent in the tree gives only 10% and ordinary mobs die too fast for you to get hit (not rare).

Hmm, for me it's working just fine... I can hear when I bleed, and I bleed all the time. 10% is quite a lot when you consider how much you're hitting per second.. At least, I don't struggle with charges.

Only problems I'm having is Flicker stopping sometimes on single targets, but that's not because of frenzy charges, dunno what it is. Also sometiems when I leap slam, I get stuck..
"
Demisint wrote:
"
ANDROMEDASTAR wrote:

Hmm, for me it's working just fine... I can hear when I bleed, and I bleed all the time. 10% is quite a lot when you consider how much you're hitting per second.. At least, I don't struggle with charges.

Only problems I'm having is Flicker stopping sometimes on single targets, but that's not because of frenzy charges, dunno what it is. Also sometiems when I leap slam, I get stuck..

flicker stopping can be a performance thing. it helps if u click multiple times instead of holding the button.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info