Path of Exile: Legion Patch Notes

1. ctrl+f
2. varunastra
3. fcn nothing

"""melee fixed"""
[Removed by Support]
Amazing changes! I'm super excited about next league.

Only one thing i'm really upset about is Cleave. After yesterday's reveal of Cyclone (which was buffed in every possible measurement) i was excited to see what you did to Cleave, but now i can see it wasn't become any better in the endgame. Minor buff to base damage/effectiveness and heavy buff to added physical damage is completely negated by new 20% less attack speed penalty. New Cleave can't compete with other buffed skills.

1. Comparison with new Cyclone:
Cyclone has similar DPS (taking into account different stats and support gems), but Cyclone's AoE covers the whole screen (360 degree attack direction) while Cleave AoE covers only half of the screen (180 degree attack direction). Also Cyclone have way better usability due to 4 times less duration of attack animation and access to new strong channeling passives and very strong "infused channeling support".

2. Comparison with new Sunder:
Sunder has similar DPS and provides large AoE coverage with very little investments, while with Cleave you need to invest way more to benefit from its AoE.

3. Comparison with new Reave:
Reave has less DPS, but its insane built-in 200% more AoE at 4 stages leaves Cleave out of competition. And Reave don't have 20% less attack speed penalty which also gives it better usability in the endgame.

I really like archetype 'hit once hit hard with two-handed weapon', and i played two-handed Cleave back in 2.6 Legacy league, but unfortunately upcoming 3.7 "melee" patch has no place for two-handed Cleave in endgame. I've watched some twitch and no one is going to play Cleave... I really hope you will make last minute fix and remove 20% less attack speed penalty from Cleave, even if it will cost reducing added flat physical damage.

-----
PS: I can't find new notable "Discus Thrower" in the updated passive three.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
Last edited by DivineChampion on Jun 5, 2019, 7:21:32 AM
As a casual player! I will make a build for fun play! Might only hit t10 maps, but if i have fun! Then that’s it. :)

"
TheAshmaker wrote:
Goodluck everyone. Sitting this league out because of the Warlords mark change.

Really? Given how long you've been around you should realize how easy it will be to replace what WM was giving you. If you only play Occultist/ES I could see skipping as she got shredded but otherwise 3.7 is a big step in the right direction for the game.
Start the league early plox
I am wondering how multistrike and it's extra damage will affect certain skills. Specifically static strike. Static produces the shocks based on the damage of the hit. So if I'm looking at this correctly using multistrike with static will result in a whopping 80% MORE modifier for the static pulses compared to not using multistrike. This seems AMAZING.
Changelog
>double damage
>double damage
>double damage
>double damage
>double damage

Now causes ruthless blows with supported skills to deal 75% more melee damage at gem level 1 (unchanged), up to 132% more at gem level 20 (from 113%).

double damge of double damage,player base plays WO: 30% ->25% much nerf,such wow

uber elder ? more like Fluffy Elder !
Last edited by Nibelton on Jun 5, 2019, 7:25:29 AM
I can get behind melee buffs... but all i see is atk spd nerfs to melee
AND caster and ES nerfed to shit.
Played Occultist for the first time in Betrayal and it was AWESOME (not even caster, but as Toxic Rain)
Played it again in Synth as Soulrend and it felt super smooth, insta-bought cat micro.
Played Trickster first time in Synth, and it was AWESOME (ED).

Now after year of playing exclusively melee, i finally tried something else and kind of fell in love... only to have that love taken from me =(

This style of nerfing shit into the ground to FORCE players to play what you want... i do not agree with.
It's a strike below the belt from my point of view.
I will neither forget, nor forgive.
Does anyone know if the flat added damage rolls on abyss jewels go legacy?

It says specifically, that life, ES and mana become legacy, but not the added damage rolls?
My grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, "if you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you need to stop immediately". Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized exactly what was at stake. He quit cold-turkey that very day...

Three years later, he died of lung cancer. We were very close and his death destroyed me. My mother said to me, "please never smoke. Don't put your family through what your grandfather put us through". I agreed, and all these years later, I've still never touched a cigarette.

I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it though.. because these patch notes gave me cancer anyway...

Good Jesus, please learn that nerfing skills and talents is not nearly as enjoyable to your player-base as it would be to just bring outdated skills up to that level.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info