Path of Exile: Legion Patch Notes

It's the usual salve of good and bad. Making melee actually good overshadows any nerfs really though. I liked it even when it sucked.
"
Lixy wrote:
Jesus.

Occultist lost a combined 46% Energy Shield (Counting the Witch tree), along with 220 Flat.

And there's no more 25-50% "of the Underground" suffix.

Talk about fucking overkill.

thats so sad :(
casual players get punished because some high level players abuse the shit out of insane gear..
Rest in peace, Molten Strike.
That´s it then, another good skill removed. The last nerfs already brought MS close to the brink of being sub-par, this time you hit the nail on the head - congratulations, the skill is dead.

I also didn´t read a single word about the promised map stash fix in standard. Did you forget about that?

All the new changes at the same time seem too much to be honest. As I play my characters in standard about 50-75% of the time, I usually have to re-spec or re-gear them with each new league (patch notes). This time you killed 3 of my characters, an occultist, 2 MS chars. Funny enough, my sunder berserker which I haven´t touched for a while now seems to be good to go again.

So, we basically just have to wait for a looooonger time until GGG realise their mistakes and bring skills and classes back to being a viable choice.

I might take a break from the game. This permanent nerf mentality disgusts me.
Really confused.
On the baeclast podcast it was mentioned that armour would get better if not useful at all against bosses.
Where is that change?
its worth noting GGG, occultist WILL need a rework now after this. It doesnt make sense any more, you cant really make proper builds with it, uve got these essence drain type nodes with the chaos degen stuff but you cant make an essence drain character with it, again, because there isnt 4 keystones to take, the profane bloom stops ur contag spreading, so youve got a 2 pointer into the chaos dot stuff and then... u dont want the es regen node cause ur wicked ward destroys it, u cant take profane path, you are not crit so pc useless...

thats one example, but theres a ton of builds i either have or have in my mind, and now theres no longer a 4 node option for them because uve basically destroyed the class and if u pick it then at best ur now taking 2 of the small travel nodes rather than a big node cause none of the remaining big nodes really work for your build.

Its destroyed and you HAVE to rework it now, obviously not for this patch, but for next league its going to need to actually function for builds again.
"
Making melee actually good overshadows any nerfs really though. I liked it even when it sucked.

Hum i see almost all melee skill getting a +15/25% damage boost at least, but also getting a 15/25% less attack speed :

Spoiler
Lancing Steel
Now has an attack speed multiplier of 80%.

Smite
Now has an attack speed multiplier of 85%.

Sunder
Now has an attack speed multiplier of 75% (previously had 15% less attack speed). = Malus 10% less speed than previously

Sweep
Now has an attack speed multiplier of 70% (previously had 10% less attack speed). = Malus 15% less speed than previously

Tectonic Slam

Vigilant Strike

Heavy Strike

Ground Slam
Now has an attack speed multiplier of 90%.

Earthquake
Now has an attack speed multiplier of 75%.

Dual Strike
Now has an attack speed multiplier of 70%.

Double Strike

Consecrated Path

Cleave

I mean for all of the listed skills, that 15/25% less speed, mostly not compensated by the damage increase, just by some, with one more effect like bleed or something, i don't see this as a huge improvement or i'm missing something ?

Last edited by Bakudan on Jun 5, 2019, 3:38:54 AM
Occultist nerf along side with dense nerf and warlords mark is too much GGG. This will need to be reworked again.
Well for the life of this game, we see now many buffs, and many nerfs. But in the end most of the stuff they buff (ie: berserker, all duelist and skills) eventually in 3.8-4.0, many of the stuff that got buff now, will eventually get nerf. And then all you spell casters can laugh at the melee guys.
Rinse and repeat.

Welcome to Path of Exile.
This sentiment was summed up by a member of our design team who recently said "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

YOLO!
As a all Time Melee / Casual Player. Im really hyped now. Lacerate Slayer inc. Maybe i can even get a Starforge :P. But i feel the Price this League will be really high.
I don't like added physical damage on non-aligned attack skills. It is okey for aligned attacks like EQ, but it is useless (or even harmful) for flat-elemental weapons.

Also Ice Crash still need some specific mechanics, not only numbers buff.

Molten Strike if devastated. You could bash ground with Ice Crash or Ground Slam, so why not with Molten Strike?

Did I get it right that Multistrike now grants 1.45*1.5=2.175 more damage? Or did it keep its 30% less damage multiplier?
Last edited by LeadRaven on Jun 5, 2019, 3:45:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info