Balance in Path of Exile: Legion

I just wanna clarify this :

"Multistrike
This support now provides a lower attack speed multiplier, just over half that of the existing support gem. The previous iteration provided far too large an attack speed multiplier for a single gem (NO IT DID NOT), causing problems with performance, effects, animations and balance (THE ONLY PROBLEM IS ON UR SIDE CAUSE U DONT LET ANIMATIONS BE CANCELED - NO OTHER EXISTING PROBLEM). The skill repeats now have a damage multiplier, dealing double damage on the third repeat.

You can now interrupt a multistrike attack between repeats (WE COULD ALREADY DO THAT - ABSOLUTLY NO CHANGE HERE), letting you avoid a dangerous boss ability or end an ongoing attack sequence when all enemies have already been dealt with(so after the animation has finished - just as before - again, no change). Overall, this makes Multistriking attacks much more responsive.(how can it ? with less attack speed then before and no other change)"

THE ONLY "CHANGE" (NERF ofc) done to MULTISTRIKE is stealing some AS from it - thats it, rest is as before.

So learn to read if u already played Multistrike.
🎥 Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/unga___bunga
🟢 SC League Thread - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576251
🟢 STD SC PoG SHOP - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2936410
🔴 Ribs - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9OJed57srnoXRP46QRznSw
Last edited by Schmockla on Jun 4, 2019, 5:53:56 AM
"
Schmockla wrote:
MULTI STRIKE IS DEAD - it's still as before, u cant cancel its animation - and now it has less attack speed, so the animation lasts longer - dunno how this is IMPROVEMENT to MELEE BUILDS....its straight out saying : "WE DON'T WANT MULITSTRIKE TO BE PLAYED" period.

[Removed by Support] you can cancel any attack during the first 20% of the animation. You can cancel multistrike after every hit. Yes move your eyes up to the other patchnotes too my friend.

good manifesto overall, the nerfs are real.
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Jun 4, 2019, 6:03:07 AM
"
Bosscannon wrote:
If decision to lower ES was made instead of buffing life - I feel you now should reduce the damage of mobs. To prevent path of one shits.

Mobs damage are fine, HOWEVER, they need to add something called "mod combo restriction"

Like maybe certain combo should never stack together, or attack modifier should not exceed 4 of them at a time, or something.
"
Phenomena wrote:
Over my 25 years online gaming I've almost never complaint about changes but...

I see and get the rework on the melee skills. I was heavily needed, what I don't get is the nerf's.

Your prime trademark was don't nerf make the other stuff better.

The skills you are nerfing have been accepted by the community already and people likes the gameplay. It's the underpreforming skills you need to look at and do something about. Not the working ones.

[...]

Once again Don't nerf things, make the other stuff better!

That mentality right there is the reason why so many games get ruined by power creep. Diablo 3 being the prime example of that. There we now have damage multipliers like +500000% (I'm not kidding, for those of you who haven't played that one in a while), just because people only ever wanted everything to be brought up to the highest performing build, instead of reining in the clearly unintentionally powerful stuff.

Winter Orb should not be intended to be the new standard everything else has to live up to. It was clearly brokenly overpowered. The same is true for some of the Energy Shield mechanics and many other things. 98% of the content in PoE is trivial enough as it is. We don't need stronger, we need more moderation.

Most of this stuff looks good to me, but I'll have to see the patch notes and get some hands on experience with it first, so I'll reserve judgement. [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Jun 4, 2019, 6:07:20 AM
does the new splashfeature apply to minions like srs or spiders ??

Looks like proclaimed melee buff was in fact massive caster nerf, so I dunno its where im coming off this train.
Well I have mixed feeling about these changes but nothing new here.

I appreciate changes to melee such as improved animations or new defensive skills but we don´t have any exact numbers about skills or passive tree yet.

On the other hand changes to ES (once again uh?), Abyss jewels (we nerf attack but not spell affixes?) or Warlords mark for casters (there are very limited options here otherwise) are problematic.

Despite some skills will be nerfed speed meta will remain unchanged:(
"
Shomaniac wrote:
1.) Trickster Nerf - reducing atk & cast speed from 12% per shroud to ?%
together with the Duration seems very forced on a class that has almost no
dmg in it at all.
Especially compared to how busted Occultist - Pathfinder and Guardian are.
It of course depends on how big the nerf is going to be but the class was
reworked straight up before last league because it was terrible and not
played at all.

Trickster was one of the most popular classes even well before Synthesis. Hardly "not played at all". They changed it only because certain ascendancy nodes on it were often not being taken, not because the ascendancy itself was underplayed.
And here I was finally getting confident that I might be at a point where I could make enough currency, between a 40 hour work week and playing, for Headhunter in a league. Bye bye dreams (I literally, and I mean literally, dreamed about a headhunter dropping last night).
"
tsunamikun wrote:
"
Schmockla wrote:
MULTI STRIKE IS DEAD - it's still as before, u cant cancel its animation - and now it has less attack speed, so the animation lasts longer - dunno how this is IMPROVEMENT to MELEE BUILDS....its straight out saying : "WE DON'T WANT MULITSTRIKE TO BE PLAYED" period.

[Removed by Support] you can cancel any attack during the first 20% of the animation. You can cancel multistrike after every hit. Yes move your eyes up to the other patchnotes too my friend.

good manifesto overall, the nerfs are real.

He's just trolling. Look through the last dozen or so pages.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info