Balance in Path of Exile: Legion

Basically i knew their new buff to caster / new gem from previous league will be nerfed , they always use same schemas . Well..
Sooo... MANA leech was such a huge issue for casters that you're completely making Warlords Mark useless to casters other than for endurance charge generation?

I don't buy it. Ive literally never had a problem generating mana on a caster in over 2000 hours of play and I didn't have to resort to curses or leech to get mana ever.

There are mana regen nodes all over the place, and its incredibly easy to get on gear, along with many ways to reduce mana cost to reasonable levels on items and the passive tree.

For the sake of that nonsense "reason", you decided to nerf the crap out of every Life based caster build I've ever made, since this curse was one of very few ways to get life leech via spell hits that actually scales to a decent rate of recovery and doesn't cost you an entire gem link on your main skill.

This also massively devalues the Warlords Mark elder rings that thousands of players have spent literal tons of currency crafting, in the purported name of "mana balance" that I don't think anyone asked for or needed.


I thought one of the biggest design goals of this game was to give the players MORE choice in builds.. like a caster build... that get this.. can actually survive endgame content for 3 seconds without building entirely into CI/ES or phasing every single boss with some broken skill to avoid taking damage.

This just stinks of trying to shoehorn people into playing melee in the 'melee league' by making various types of casters look like crappier build choices compared to the league meta du jour.

That's the same restrictive design choice that people didn't like about Diablo 3 and caused Blizzard to hemorrhage player base.


It's pretty sad since its avoidable and we wouldn't have to dumb down the rest of the game and build a whole league to get people to play melee, if the CHOICES of melee build had been a bit less constricting and samey due to previous nerf/design choices that you made.

why was there nothing about Headhunter harder to obtain in Patch Notes when it says so here?
Best way to discover colors for your loot filter
https://pixlr.com/editor/ | IGN: Spear
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.0Ghz | GPU: Radeon Series | OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Mouse: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Monitor: Acer Predator
GGG, you're starting to look a little like Digital Extremes with your "balance" choices. Or even worse: BioWare back when ME3 was all the rage.

So, a lot of the nerfs seem to be from certain skills/items/classes/whathaveyou are "too good". Meaning... what? Too fast? Too much damage? Too powerful in rare, very specific situations (Oh, hello Epic! Still haven't forgiven you for nerfing Controllers in Fortnite!)? What was "wrong" with the thing that it needed to be "fixed"?

As one can see from the previous paragraph, something being "too good" is extremely nebulous. And we all know there's a pretty big difference between something being very powerful (e.g. Winter Orb) and something being almost game-breaking (e.g. no caps on Movement Speed).
It's hard to be polite with you GGG, with warlord's mark change , i don't get it .. This because of Winter orb ? How life based caster can survive now ? Only with mind over matter / mana guys ?
Last edited by Elf_97 on Jun 6, 2019, 7:57:28 PM
"
dervypoe wrote:
It's pretty sad since its avoidable and we wouldn't have to dumb down the rest of the game and build a whole league to get people to play melee, if the CHOICES of melee build had been a bit less constricting and samey due to previous nerf/design choices that you made.


This is the most important part of this person's post.

There are many players who would be more than happy to try out melee builds after they've been made competitive.

No need to make them overpowered.

No need to nerf spells to the point that they are undesirable.

Just make things balanced, GGG. People will try out everything. You don't have to FORCE a meta.

"Let's make a meta!" is wrong thinking from the get-go, and it is the source of so many of your players' discontent.

Do you have so little faith in your playerbase? Do you feel like you have to force them to play certain build-types?

Yes?

Then you've already lost.


Make a GOOD FAITH effort (you don't have to be perfect!) to balance the various build types in this game. Is that not the most interesting outcome? For players to actually choose the style of gameplay they prefer and run with it? For leaderboards to be populated by multiple builds?

Why do you hate this outcome so much?

I can only assume that you hate it, since all of your development seems so hell bent on preventing it.
I make eggs.
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
dervypoe wrote:
It's pretty sad since its avoidable and we wouldn't have to dumb down the rest of the game and build a whole league to get people to play melee, if the CHOICES of melee build had been a bit less constricting and samey due to previous nerf/design choices that you made.


This is the most important part of this person's post.

There are many players who would be more than happy to try out melee builds after they've been made competitive.

No need to make them overpowered.

No need to nerf spells to the point that they are undesirable.

Just make things balanced, GGG. People will try out everything. You don't have to FORCE a meta.

"Let's make a meta!" is wrong thinking from the get-go, and it is the source of so many of your players' discontent.

Do you have so little faith in your playerbase? Do you feel like you have to force them to play certain build-types?

Yes?

Then you've already lost.


Make a GOOD FAITH effort (you don't have to be perfect!) to balance the various build types in this game. Is that not the most interesting outcome? For players to actually choose the style of gameplay they prefer and run with it? For leaderboards to be populated by multiple builds?

Why do you hate this outcome so much?

I can only assume that you hate it, since all of your development seems so hell bent on preventing it.



Aren't you the guy that uninstalled and GBF?
"
Mythreindeer wrote:
Aren't you the guy that uninstalled and GBF?


GBF?

EMF! DYSI!?
I make eggs.
"
Mythreindeer wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
dervypoe wrote:
It's pretty sad since its avoidable and we wouldn't have to dumb down the rest of the game and build a whole league to get people to play melee, if the CHOICES of melee build had been a bit less constricting and samey due to previous nerf/design choices that you made.


This is the most important part of this person's post.

There are many players who would be more than happy to try out melee builds after they've been made competitive.

No need to make them overpowered.

No need to nerf spells to the point that they are undesirable.

Just make things balanced, GGG. People will try out everything. You don't have to FORCE a meta.

"Let's make a meta!" is wrong thinking from the get-go, and it is the source of so many of your players' discontent.

Do you have so little faith in your playerbase? Do you feel like you have to force them to play certain build-types?

Yes?

Then you've already lost.


Make a GOOD FAITH effort (you don't have to be perfect!) to balance the various build types in this game. Is that not the most interesting outcome? For players to actually choose the style of gameplay they prefer and run with it? For leaderboards to be populated by multiple builds?

Why do you hate this outcome so much?

I can only assume that you hate it, since all of your development seems so hell bent on preventing it.



Aren't you the guy that uninstalled and GBF?


(Sorry, I don't know what GBF means?)

My recollection is that had to do (at least in part) with the map tab snafu in standard caused by a new map generation every release. That issue was solved very nicely by GGG. There's a button in the map tab plus you can vendor old maps for new maps at one to one now.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will apparently fix the issue of having to do lab to ascend in a release prior to PoE2. Yippee!
.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will apparently fix the issue of having to do lab to ascend in a release prior to PoE2. Yippee!
Last edited by Turtledove on Jun 9, 2019, 11:08:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info