Balance in Path of Exile: Legion

Thank you GGG for your tireless effort to make this happen. Good job. I am bit disappointed though that Gladiator got nerfed a bit with the damage and attack speed nerfs in its minor node but aside from that I really like 3.7. Cannot wait to play some Zerk or Slayer or maybe a caster for a change.
Any comment from GGG on how minion will work?
Will they get the "strike" treatment players get? if it doesnt seems like srs and animate weapon are dead skills.
Hey,

"
Multistrike
[..] now provides a lower attack speed [..] over half that of the existing support gem.
[..]

You can now interrupt [..] between repeats, letting you [..] end an ongoing attack [..] when all enemies have already been dealt with.

Are you planning to implement this for minion AI as well? #makemultristrikegreatagain(forminions)

- - - - - - -

You need to fix minion AI in at least one way.
I am aware that you are aware that people are annoyed by minions being dumb af and not auto-attacking on range.
Ok. I am also aware that you say here and there that you like to force active playstyles.
Ok. So I have to steer my minions into enemies farther away by using skills.
Ok. Works for me, not even *that* annoying (given that I don't have to manage attacks myself).

What I find highly annoying to the point of just fucking with me as a player is that my minions are totally fine with SEVERAL mobs standing basically inside of me without going "HUR DUR OMG MASTER IS IN DANGER :OOOOOOOOOOOOO".
Meaning: If you want shitty AI to be a thing because of "forcing active playstyle", make it range-based. Close-ranged enemies trigger minion aggro very hardcore, the further away the less until a point is reached where you say "from here on I want the player to take over".

For me personally that dropoff would start at 15 and end at 35 or 40.
> https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Distance

If you want to go all-out on this, the aggrolevel from a minion perspective for enemy X would be calculated as "RangeToMaster * AggroByRangeFromMasterToEnemy" (to avoid permanently pulling back the part of your minions that is already far out to kill other stuff - if you need to pull them back there is Convocation).
Last edited by n8c on Jun 5, 2019, 4:04:23 PM
"
OneLameDad wrote:
I'd be really interested to see the number of players per league that are actually clearing end-game content with something other than the 3-5 cookie cutter meta builds you offer each league. Constantly reducing the few "poor man's builds" that allow non-fulltime/wealthy players to see endgame isn't really a great way or incentive to the rest of the player base to continue to play/invest money.

And how about a nerf to Blade Flurry? It's only been the easiest boss clearing skill since breech.....

Totally agree.
But hey. What is wrong with you people? Don't you like Nerfs?
"
Nefaryta wrote:
Is this out of season aprils fool joke?

Ha ha ha.
TBH it feels a bit like that to me.
why did u nerf my squshy witch ;-(
"
RentDue wrote:
yay nerfs manifesto!

haha

This.
Basically i knew their new buff to caster / new gem from previous league will be nerfed , they always use same schemas . Well..
Sooo... MANA leech was such a huge issue for casters that you're completely making Warlords Mark useless to casters other than for endurance charge generation?

I don't buy it. Ive literally never had a problem generating mana on a caster in over 2000 hours of play and I didn't have to resort to curses or leech to get mana ever.

There are mana regen nodes all over the place, and its incredibly easy to get on gear, along with many ways to reduce mana cost to reasonable levels on items and the passive tree.

For the sake of that nonsense "reason", you decided to nerf the crap out of every Life based caster build I've ever made, since this curse was one of very few ways to get life leech via spell hits that actually scales to a decent rate of recovery and doesn't cost you an entire gem link on your main skill.

This also massively devalues the Warlords Mark elder rings that thousands of players have spent literal tons of currency crafting, in the purported name of "mana balance" that I don't think anyone asked for or needed.

I thought one of the biggest design goals of this game was to give the players MORE choice in builds.. like a caster build... that get this.. can actually survive endgame content for 3 seconds without building entirely into CI/ES or phasing every single boss with some broken skill to avoid taking damage.

This just stinks of trying to shoehorn people into playing melee in the 'melee league' by making various types of casters look like crappier build choices compared to the league meta du jour.

That's the same restrictive design choice that people didn't like about Diablo 3 and caused Blizzard to hemorrhage player base.

It's pretty sad since its avoidable and we wouldn't have to dumb down the rest of the game and build a whole league to get people to play melee, if the CHOICES of melee build had been a bit less constricting and samey due to previous nerf/design choices that you made.

why was there nothing about Headhunter harder to obtain in Patch Notes when it says so here?
Best way to discover colors for your loot filter
https://pixlr.com/editor/ | IGN: Spear
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.0Ghz | GPU: Radeon Series | OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Mouse: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Monitor: Acer Predator

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info