[3.11] SUNDERMAN BUILD (Fast ClearSpeed + Labber + Super EZ + Endgame) (Gladiator)
SUNDER IS NERFED, SO IS THE BUILD. PLEASE CHECK VIDEOS SECTION BELOW FOR IT, I ADDED A VIDEO SHOWING THE NERF. FROM NOW ON I WON'T BE SUPPORTING THIS BUILD, INSTEAD, OUR NEW BUILD IS LACERMAN BUILD! IT'S THE SAME BUILD USING LACERATE AS MAIN SKILL AND IT'S MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE! HERE;
REST OF THE THREAD IS LEFT AS IS FOR MEMORY:
Sunderboi has grown a lot.. Ready yourselves for, SUNDERMAN BUILD!
CHANGES SINCE RELEASE:
Buffs to the build:
■ Sunder now has more Area of Effect! %19 more at gem level 20, possibly %20 more at gem level 21. Wording "more" instead of "increased" means we're gonna have huge amount of aoe.
■ Shockwaves created by Sunder now deals more damage! Shockwaves now deal %40 less damage instead of %60 less damage.
■ Deep Cuts is removed from cluster jewels. It will be changed with Bloodscent. This is actually a nerf, but we turned it to our advantage and increased Meta Gear DPS by %2.1 and Required Gear DPS by %1.3 Shaper DPS. Pob links are updated, items on guide will be updated after launch.
■ Berserking node on Passive Tree is buffed. Now it grants +10 to maximum Rage (which means "%10 Increased Attack Damage", "%5 Increased Attack Speed"), but grants %6 less increased attack speed. It's minor nodes now also grants us to lose Rage %20 slower each, making %40 in total.
Nerfs to the build:
■ On Multistrike and fast attacks, Sunder's length is cut in half. Thanks GGG!
■ "20% more Attack Physical Damage while Dual Wielding" is removed from Dual Wielding. This reduced DPS.
■ Soul of Steel node on Passive Tree is nerfed. Now we have %5 less physical damage reduction.
No big changes to the build in 3.10. Only damage of Soul Catcher flask we use in bosses is buffed from %100 to %120. Vaal Ancestral Warchief will be more effective now!
Almost no changes to the build in 3.9. Only Ambidexterity/Blade Barrier were moved to the right a little, which made us pick 1 more dexterity node.
Buffs to the build:
■ Multistrike had some changes. Now first hit is more powerful, second and third are less powerful. Overally it deals %4.8 more damage.
All 3 main skills (Sunder, Leap Slam and Vaal Ancestral Warchief) are buffed, added with some changes I did, now build is much better in 3.7! DPS and defense is better, and Leap Slam's speed became incredible! Clearspeed is much faster now. You can check new clearspeed video in Videos section down below.
Buffs to the build:
■ Sunder is buffed! It's base damage is increased from %182 to %220. Also it's length is 1/4 longer now. It's attack speed has a %10 nerf.
■ Leap Slam now always stuns and knocks back full life enemies. Each pack we leap on will be fully stunned before we attack!
■ Vaal Ancestral Warchief now has %10 more attack speed.
■ Fortify duration is increased by %34.
■ Ruthless support's both melee and bleed damage is increased from %113 to %132. We use this on sunder.
Both buff and nerf:
■ Multistrike's attack speed is nerfed from %94 to %44. It now deals %50 more damage on each second hit, and %99 more damage on each 3rd hit. Multistrike is also made cancellable since 3.7 launch, but that problem doesn't affect this build because of leap+sunder playstyle where Sundering happens standing still(You can see in Videos section)
Nerfs to the build:
■ Immortal Call doesn’t grant immunity now. Instead gives %35 Physical and %34 Elemental damage reduction. Can go up to %80 Physical damage reduction if 3 endurance charges spent for it. It's duration is improved from 0.4 to 1 seconds as well that goes up to 1.6 seconds if 3 endurance charges spent which goes up to 2.8 seconds with Increased Duration support.
■ %4 less attack speed now in ascendancy points.
Changes to Build:
2) Pob links and Passive Trees on Poeurl.com are updated.[17.06.2020]
1) Changed Deep Cuts with Bloodscent on cluster jewels as Deep Cuts is no longer available. This made Required Gear DPS increase from 2.3 to 2.4m, and Meta Gear DPS from 4.1 to 4.2m. Pob links are updated, items on guide will be updated soon.[16.06.2020]
21) Added a Simulacrum video with wave 20 only.[10.06.2020]
20) Changed "%Increased Attack Damage Against Bleeding Enemies" corrupted implicit on Soul Taker on Meta Gear with "Adds X to Y Physical Damage". This increased DPS a little on Meta Gear setup, but gave a nice 100k+ DPS on gear in Delirium league.[02.06.2020]
19) Removed "Regenerate % of Life per second" from helm on both gears because it's not fossil craftable anymore and is moved to Warlord influence. We are using Elder influenced helm on Meta Gear for ""Nearby Enemies Take % Increased Physical Damage" mod.[19.05.2020]
18) Removed double life roll on helm. This reduced life from 3.8k to 3.7k.[19.05.2020]
17) "%15 increased Sunder Attack Speed" Helm enchant is changed with "Blood Rage grants additional %12 increased Attack Speed". At the cost of %3, now helm enchant not only applies to Sunder, but also to Leap Slam and Vaal Ancestral Warchief. Now leaps are faster, and Vaal Ancestral Warchief DPS is increased by %5. Blood Rage enchant is also easier to get than Sunder enchant on trade, especially for Elder base on Meta Gear.[19.05.2020]
16) Added Martial Prowess node to cluster jewel on Meta Gear as prices dropped and availability increased. This resulted in DPS increasing from 4.0m to 4.1m Shaper DPS.[29.04.2020]
15) Level of Required Gear is increased to 92 for the addition of cluster node.[29.04.2020]
14) Added same cluster jewel to Required Gear as prices dropped and availability increased. This resulted in DPS increasing from 2.0m to 2.3m Shaper DPS. Life is reduced from 6.1k to 6.0k.[29.04.2020]
~~META GEAR UPDATE~~ [08.04.2020]
With Meta Gear Update, DPS of Meta gear is increased from 3.4m to 4.0m Shaper DPS. Life is reduced from 7.0k to 6.8k. Now we curse enemies with Vulnerability(%8 more DPS) all the time instead of CWDT, there is also -%11 to enemy physical damage reduction making a total of -%28. Meta Gear cost is reduced by an important amount and is easier to obtain now.
13) Reduced life of Meta Gear to 6.8k to make it easier to reach. 7.0k was a little high and needed good min/maxing.
12) Changed Belly of the beast on Meta Gear with one having no implicits, as previous double corrupted one's cost was unnecessarily high. This reduced Meta Gear DPS and cost.
11) Stygian Vise on meta gear is changed with one having "Enemies have -% to Total Physical Damage Reduction Against Your Hits". Since resist availability was much more than needed, this mod replaced a resist.
10) CWDT setup is moved to gloves on Required Gear and to main hand weapon on Meta Gear. Now Leap Setup changes it's place with CWDT on Meta Gear.
9) Vaal Ancestral Warchief is moved to boots on both gears. Now there is a single setup for it. On Meta Gear, now there is no need for Ruthless or Melee Phys. elder mods on main hand weapon, reducing weapon cost and increasing availability. Main hand weapon on Meta Gear is changed accordingly. Also having Maim support back on Vaal Ancestral setup increased Meta Gear's DPS. These could happen thanks to Vulnerability gem being removed and carried to ring as on hit.
8) Added a ring having Vulnerability on Hit to meta gear. Vulnerability gem on CWDT is removed on meta gear, because now we have it on hit meaning all the time! Used a Two-Stone ring instead of Steel to not to increase the cost.
7) Added our cluster jewel to Meta Gear Pob. This increased DPS by %13 while health is down from 7.0k to 6.9k. Also %0.8 life regen node is refunded because degen on Blood rage is still fine with “Players Have %60 Less Recovery of Life and Energy Shield” map mod on full Awakening completion. This also increased Required Gear's life from 6.0k to 6.1k by getting a life node.
~~META GEAR UPDATE~~ [08.04.2020]
6) Edited lv94 passive tree on Poeplanner for earlier addition of a cluster jewel.[04.04.2020]
5) In Required Gear Pob, changed value of "Gain % of Physical Damage as Extra Chaos Damage" on main hand weapon from 10 to 5, because this affix is nerfed in this patch. DPS is down from 2.1m to 2m Shaper DPS.[28.03.2020]
4) Changed all DPS in guide and Pobs to Shaper DPS. Edited DPS in build notes back to start of Big Update. Also edited posts in the thread back to that time.[28.03.2020]
3) Added a new video including both Required and Meta Gears. Minotaur kill speed is down from 21 seconds to 10 seconds with the big update.[27.03.2020]
2) Added Abrasive Catalyst to rings and amulet on Required Gear and added Prismatic Catalyst to belt on Meta Gear after seeing their price are fit in a non-metamorph league. This made Required Gear's DPS improved from 2.0m to 2.1m Shaper DPS.[21.03.2020]
1) With the removal of delve mods from fossil crafting in 3.10, decided to remove "%Life Regeneration" from both gears' helms. Also, Meta Gear's helm will become Elder Base because of "Nearby Enemies Take % Increased Physical Damage" delve mod has became an Elder mod this patch. I've taken necessary notes under Gears and Gems section and will update both helms as soon as possible.[12.03.2020]
30) Realized Unholy Might in abyss jewel in Meta Gear became inactive in configurations in Pob with the Big Update, or maybe even before that. It is fixed now. With these small changes done today, DPS of Meta Gear is improved from 3.3m to 3.4m Shaper DPS.[02.03.2020]
29) Divined abyss jewel in belt in Meta Gear because it looked like damage and health affixes were nerfed in a patch. They are a little bit lower now.[02.03.2020]
28) In Meta Gear Pob, changed amulet(talisman) corruption "Gain %10 of Physical Damage as Extra Damage of a Random Element" with "Gain %10 of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage", because both Pobs don't recognize it when it's Random Element.[02.03.2020]
27) Fixed DPS in Meta Gear Pob caused by a wrong item. This lowered dps.[02.03.2020]
26) Applied Abrasive Catalysts to both rings on Meta Gear. I'm planning to wait until I see Catalyst prices next league before applying them on Required Gear.[02.03.2020]
25) Changed support gems to use on 4-link Sunder. Levelling will be better from now on.[29.02.2020]
~~BIG UPDATE~~ [21.02.2020]
Thanks to Impale being calculateable with recent update to LocalIdentity’s Pob, also with the buffs to monsters and especially bosses in 3.9 and nerf to melee, I decided to do this big update. Now the build is much better in terms of single target killing without sacrificing clear speed, dps is much higher, defenses are better as well. Also it’s more physical/impale and has more -%physical damage reduction on enemies to make physical damage more effective. Sunderman is more than ready for Conquerors of Atlas expansion!
Meta Gear Stat Increases: DPS is increased from 2.0m to 3.3m Shaper DPS. Health is increased from 6.8k to 7k. Impale Chance is increased from %57 to %97. Physical damage reduction we have is increased from %73 to %82. -%Physical Damage reduction on monsters is increased from %12 to %26. Cost of gear is slightly increased.
Required Gear Stat Increases: DPS is increased from 1.4m to 2.0m Shaper DPS. Health is increased from 5.7k to 6k. Impale Chance is increased from %57 to %97. Physical damage reduction we have is increased from %67 to %79. -% Physical Damage reduction on monsters is increased from %12 to %17. Cost of gear is same as before.
24) Carnage Heart is added to levelling items and Basalt Flask is removed from flasks section as additional flask since it's not needed with recent increase in physical damage reduction.
23) Bleed(Staunching) mod is moved to main flask, freeze(Heat) mod is moved to middle flasks. This is because when using optional unique flasks in the middle bleed was gone. Now instead freeze will be gone. Bleed is more important.
22) Added missing enchantment to gloves on Required Gear.
21) Replaced old two-toned boots on Meta Gear with new ones having correct(nerfed) implicit.
20) Changed one of the rings on Required Gear with a ring having Increased Damage mod. Applied tier 2 Increased Damage instead of tier 3 to not to increase the cost.
19) Removed one resist on boots on Required Gear and added “Non Vaal Skills Deal %60 Increased Damage During Soul Gain Prevention” as crafted mod. This mod wasn’t on Required Gear before and caused many players to not add this mod even when having much better gear than Required gear. This mod is important for bosses because that’s where we mostly use Vaal Ancestral Warchief. Also, removal of one resist helped to reduce the cost to compensate with amulet and weapon cost increases.
18) Changed weapons on both gears with a slightly higher DPS ones with one on Meta Gear having Culling Strike added for faster single target killing.
17) Changed Carnage Heart amulet on Required gear with a rare amulet since leech is removed from gear. This increased dps and also added more life.
16) Removed Faster Attacks Support elder mod from gloves on Meta Gear. Ice Bite Support gem is replaced with Faster Attacks support. Cost is reduced a lot to compensate with added Watcher’s Eye and weapon cost increase, as well no need for an elder base now for crafting.
15) Changed helmet enchantment with Increased Sunder Attack Speed to compensate with attack speed lost after switching from Devoto. This resulted in more DPS as well.
14) Changed helm on both gears with a rare helm for more life, more resists so easier management of resists, -% physical damage to monsters(Meta Gear only) and life regen. Also to reduce the cost to compensate with cost increases to both gears in this update. Life regen mod here is for better life reuptake and also to help with Blood Rage regen with “Players Have %60 Less Recovery of Life and Energy Shield” map mod on high Awakening levels. "Nearby Enemies Take %9 Increased Physical Damage" mod is to have more dps applied.
13) Changed Enfeeble with Vulnerability for further dps increase.
12) Changed Ruthless Support on Sunder with Impale Support for %97 Impale chance and lots of dps increase.
11) Added Watcher’s Eye with “Impales you Inflict Last 2 Additional Hits While Using Pride” mod to Meta Gear. This increased DPS a lot.
10) Changed Hatred with Pride for more focus on single targets and also for going more physical and more impale.
9) Life leech is removed from gear, now we have Gladiator’s Perseverance on Passive Tree instead. This made us easier to gear up because life leech is limiting to have on a ring/amulet as before.
8) Made many changes to Passive Tree. Cut the top part which made us get rid of many not so benefitting nodes and also get Soul of Steel and Gladiator’s Perseverance at low life cost. Also Path of The Warrior is added for “Enemies have -%5 to Total Physical Damage Reduction” mod.
~~BIG UPDATE~~ [21.02.2020]
7) Added new video showcasing Maze of The Minotaur map clear speed and boss killing by facetanking.[17.12.2019]
6) Added ring and amulet anointments to both Required and Meta Gear versions.[16.12.2019]
5) Had to give up one life node on Passive Tree because of Ambidexterity/Blade Barrier nodes being moved to right, which made us allocate 1 more dexterity node on the way.[12.12.2019]
4) On Meta Gear version, upgraded gloves for faster attack and leap speed. This is a minor change in terms of cost of the item. All these 3 changes resulted in %20 more dps! Now according to LocalIdentity's Pob, we have 1.4m Shaper DPS on Required Gear, and 2.0m Shaper DPS on Meta Gear versions![12.12.2019]
3) On Meta Gear version, moved life leech from amulet to right ring, then crafted Global Physical Damage mod on the amulet. We can also corrupt the amulet to a talisman to have "%X Increased Damage" or "Gain %X of Physical Damage as Extra Damage of a Random Element" talisman implicits. This way, since amulet doesn't need to have life leech anymore and it's a hard thing to find good amulets having it, it's much easier now to get more than 1 amulet and corrupt them into talismans. And getting life leech is much easier on a ring for this build. This change also made buying/crafting them easier.[12.12.2019]
2) Upped Meta Gear version to lv98 and also updated Passive Tree by adding Berserking node. More attack speed at the cost of little life.[12.12.2019]
1) Pob links and passive trees on poeurl.com are updated for 3.9.[12.12.2019]
11) Changed Aspect of the Panther amulet anointment with Swift Skewering. DPS of anointment is down from +44k to +38k, and now we have %15 more Impale chance, with a total of %57.[20.11.2019]
10) For Passive Trees in Poe Planner, quest bonuses other than the ones in suitable acts are removed. It'll be almost the same passive points you'll have on lower trees now when levelling.[29.09.2019]
9) Updated lv.47 and lv.60 trees. They are better now for their level.[29.09.2019]
8) Changed nodes on the way to Splitting Strikes. Took the shorter way as area of effect there was not needed. Most of the life lost when converting to new tree is back with almost no DPS loss.[29.09.2019]
7) Moved buffs to the helm. Blood Rage is moved to Off Hand weapon now, with Blood Magic removed from it(as we don't have %100 mana reserved anymore). This made Endurance Charge on Stun Support on Leap slam come back for Required Gear(Dread Banner was there).[25.09.2019]
6) Updated Pob links. Now they're showing correct DPS, they were showing much lower DPS before.[25.09.2019]
5) Updated the skill tree using almost same notables, but ways to reach them is changed a lot. These new ways helped me to add Forceful Skewering at the cost of little life. Impale chance is %40 now. Bosses die faster. Also lv100 tree is better now.[25.09.2019]
4) Added info about which amulet anointment to choose(Aspect of the Panther).[22.09.2019]
3) Added a new video showing clear speed in 3.8! Seems I forgot to activate Dread Banner lol.[17.09.2019]
2) Added Dread Banner to the build for some Impale! It replaced Endurance Charge on Melee Stun Support in Required Gear and Icebite Support in Meta Gear versions. Also added info to Running the Build section about Dread Banner.[16.09.2019]
1) Pob links and passive trees on poeurl.com are updated for 3.8.[07.09.2019]
8) Raised CWDT Gem's level to 8 to stop false alarms and stop endurance charges being spent for nothing. This made Immortal Call level 10 and Enfeeble level 11 available, Increased Duration is the same. This new setup allows us the automatic usage of CWDT happenning when needed more compared to before.[22.06.2019]
7) Changed Maim support on Sunder with Fortify support. Replaced Fortify on Leap Slam with Endurance Charge on Melee Stun support. Now we have Fortify all the time, better defense. As well, dps is improved by %4. Also, more Endurance Charges from Leaps so more time with capped Endurance Charges allowing us to have the extra %10 damage reduction from Outmatch and Outlast ascendancy more compared to before, as well better physical damage reduction from Immortal Call.[22.06.2019]
6) In Required Gear version, I changed the old rare amulet with a Carnage Heart because having an amulet like the previous was challenging at start with all the affixes + life leech on it. Meta Gear version's amulet stays the same.[12.06.2019]
5) In Meta Gear version, Vaal Ancestral Warchief had it's Maim support changed with Bloodlust and this increased it's dps by %11. [11.06.2019]
4) Since attack speed was more than enough after Challenger charges for Sunder, I changed Faster Attacks support with Maim support and this gave Sunder %10 dps increase.[11.06.2019]
3) Pob links and passive trees on poeurl.com are updated for 3.7.[10.06.2019]
2) Did some changes to Passive Tree and got %11 more block chance and %50 increased block recovery to compensate for %8 block chance lost when we change Painforged ascendancy, now we have %28 block chance in total. Also got %5 more life too. All these passive tree changes are at the cost of only %1 total dps.[10.06.2019]
1) Herald of Ash buff is replaced with Blood and Sand, and Painforged ascendancy is replaced with Arena Challenger. DPS increased after these changes, but more importantly, Leap Slam became much faster thanks to Challenger charges.[09.06.2019]
ABOUT THE BUILD:
Sunderman build is a combination of easiness to play and being able to do all endgame stuff at a high efficiency thanks to it's fast clearspeed and bossing capability. It’s an all-round build designed to do your daily stuff like mapping, delving, simulacrum, uber labs, endgame bosses, etc. efficiently. It's also super easy to manage, a complete noob friendly build. Even if you haven’t played Path of Exile before, you’ll have no problems managing this build.
Build is mainly based on clearing huge packs of monsters both as fast and easy as possible, using Leap and Sunder. Attack speed on everywhere possible makes us travel fast with Leap and turn Sunder to a machinegun, then blast the whole screen with Sunder’s huge aoe and Gladiator’s bleed explosion combined. Our bleed explosions come from Gladiator’s Gratuitous Violence ascendancy. Our Sunder auto-aims as well with Multistrike, so no need to even target! Then Soul Taker on offhand makes attack skills don’t spend any mana, which allows us to completely forget about what mana is and also allows us to fill up our mana reserve with buffs. As well we use Vaal Ancestral Warchief for bosses/single targets.
League Notes: Build did pretty good job in Delirium. I will share my Harvest experiences here.
[3.11] Old Sunder vs. New Sunder (Heavy Nerf)
[3.10] Both Gears Tested (T16, Aw. 8, Minotaur):
[3.10] Simulacrum (Wave 20):
[3.9] Minotaur Map Clear Speed + Facetanking Boss (T16):
[3.8] Elder Map Clear Speed (T16):
[3.7] Leap Slam Speed Increase in 3.7:
[3.6] Original build showcase and build guide video:
PROS AND CONS:
■ Fast Clearspeed (Crazy leap speed!)
■ Super EZ to run (Even for first timers)
■ Can do all content (Check below for AUL kill screenshot*)
■ Cheap to get it up and running, not too expensive to meta
■ Ranked Uber Lab runner (Check below for ladder score**)
■ Fast league starter
■ Fun to play (Packs explode all at once!)
■ SSF Friendly
* AUL Kill (League), with much lower DPS than now: https://i.lensdump.com/i/iSSdYm.jpg
**26th in League (EasyKun097, 11/01/2020):
Lab Ladder Score Link: https://www.pathofexile.com/ladder/labyrinth/Metamorph/4/1578700800
His Post In This Thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2507153/page/11#p22771267
■ More oriented to fast clearspeed than boss killing
■ Going for easiness and simplicity had its drawbacks
■ Not recommended for Hardcore
■ Can’t run Physical Reflect maps
Some additional info: For Players Cannot Regenerate Life and Mana map mod, just don’t activate Blood Rage and it’ll run fine. We also need to be a little more careful about health pots with Elemental Reflect.
PATH OF BUILDING:
Required Gear Version (lv92): https://pastebin.com/aiQsVNED (2.0m Shaper DPS, 6.0k life)
Meta Gear Version (lv98): https://pastebin.com/kt7UasRF (3.6m Shaper DPS, 6.7k life)
Gear in Delirium League (lv100): https://pastebin.com/Uip16fQK (As another example)
• Please follow Required and Meta Gear versions here. League version is put as another example on how build can be pushed even further than Meta Gear and includes different stuff.
• Pob still calculates Multistrike wrong and doesn't calculate Impale DPS. Use LocalIdentity's Pob for correct numbers about Multistrike and full Impale support:
PASSIVE SKILL TREE:
Ascendancies(in order to get): Blood in the Eyes, Gratuitous Violence, Arena Challenger, Outmatch and Outlast
Level 40: www.poeurl.com/cTx1
Level 50: www.poeurl.com/cTx2
Level 60: www.poeurl.com/cTx3
Level 75: www.poeurl.com/cTx4
Level 90: www.poeurl.com/cTx6
Level 94: www.poeurl.com/cTx8
Level 98: www.poeurl.com/cTx9
• Until we get a Soul Taker, we need to use Life and Mana Leech node and respec it after we get it.
• If in need of Intelligence or Dexterity, pick +30 to Intelligence or Dexterity nodes.
• When adding a Cluster Jewel, please refer to passive trees in Path of Buildings of Required Gear or Meta Gear up above.
Major God: Lunaris
Minor God: Ryslatha
GEAR AND GEMS:
1) Required Gear(cheap, can do almost all content) and it’s Gem Setup:
Please read this one first before reading next one(Meta Gear version).
On the main hand we need an axe that has around 400 physical dps and also having high attacks per second. Then it needs to have attack speed as high as possible. Chaos damage is a good bonus to have.
We need Soul Taker on off-hand to be able to use Leap and Sunder indefinitely thanks to "Insufficient mana doesn't prevent your melee attacks" mod, also fill mana reserve with Blood and Sand, Pride, Arctic Armor and Dread Banner. For SSF, easiest way to get a Soul Taker is chancing ilvl 59+ Siege axes. Soul Taker is the only unique Siege Axe so it's not too hard to get.
We’re gonna use a rare helm having +life and then required resists. Our enchant needs to be "Blood Rage grants additional %12 Increased Attack Speed". Easiest way to obtain a helm like this is to buy a Royal Burgonet or an Eternal Burgonet having the helm enchant, then craft on it using Pristine fossil. If going for a pure lab build we need Devoto's Devotion for even more attack speed.
We need a 6-link Belly of the Beast and run Sunder on it. We need Belly because we basically need all the affixes it has. We can use a 5-link until we get a 6-link and don't use Concentrated Effect gem until we get a 6-link and get required Intelligence. As well instead of a Belly, you can get a rare chest with at least %9 increased max life, +130ish max life, and needed resists as an alternative if you come across a cheaper one compared to a Belly or craft one instead.
Here we need Spiked Gloves having physical damage, attack speed and life, and then required resists. There's also another option, which I'll be telling in Meta Gear version below.
As for boots we need needed double resists, movement speed and life. We also need the enchant "Increased Attack and Cast Speed If You've Killed Recently" because we'll be constantly leaping and killing. As for the crafted mod, we need "Non-Vaal Skills Deal %60 Increased Damage During Soul Gain prevention"(Jun mod) so this way we have %60 more damage when our Vaal Ancestral Warchief is active and soul gain prevention is running(those red chains appearing on skill logo, 9 seconds in total), which is a good improvement for Sunder when boss killing. We can also get it on gloves to make it double.
Here we need to have life, needed resists and then craft %increased damage on it.
As for rings we need intelligence for Concentrated Effect gem on Sunder, physical damage and life on both rings, and then needed resists. It'll be better if we can craft increased damage on them.
On neck we need a rare amulet having physical damage, life, intelligence/all attributes with "%Increased Global Physical Damage" or "%Increased Melee Damage" as crafted mod depending on the situation of prefixes and suffixes. Anointment needs to be Swift Skewering. Here we can also get a Carnage Heart for cheap until we can get a rare amulet like this one.
We need damage, life and attack speed on jewels. If 4-mod, double damage. For cluster jewel, we need an 8 passive one having Bloodscent, Feed The Fury and 2 jewel sockets. It also needs to be "Added Small Passive Skills Grant: Axe Attacks Deal %12 Increased Damage With Hits and Ailments" for crafting. Please check Required Gear's Path of Building link up above to see how it is applied and passive nodes need to be refunded on original tree.
NOTE: Deep Cuts is removed from the game on cluster jewels. I replaced it with Bloodscent. Items will be updated soon, Pob links are updated.
2) Meta Gear(more expensive, where it gets crazy. can do all content) and it’s Gem Setup:
It's mostly same with the cheap version having higher dps, more life, better and different items, better min/maxing, Vulnerability on Hit and faster Leap gem setup, Watcher's Eye and some more differences. So I'll just tell the differences other than telling the setup right from the beginning.
A main hand weapon here with higher physical damage and Culling Strike as Elder mod. Here we put CWDT setup to main hand weapon because Vulnerability goes to ring as "on hit", meaning it will be applied permanently instead of when being hit so we remove Vulnerability gem. Also we move leap to gloves, because we're gonna make something special for leap on gloves. Soul Taker on offhand is the same with "Adds X to Y Physical Damage" implicit. It can also be "%Increased Attack Damage Against Bleeding Enemies" implicit, both are close as DPS improvement.
Same helm as Required Gear, only having "Nearby Enemies Take %9 Increased Physical Damage" mod as extra. This mod is important because this is almost a pure physical build. We'll be needing an Elder influenced Royal or Eternal Burgonet and fossil craft on it with Jagged and Pristine fossils. Please ignore "+2 to Level of Socketed Aura Gems" mod as it only increases DPS by %1 and needs essence crafting. I also removed it from Path of Building.
Same. We can get "+1 to Level of Socketed Gems" or "% Increased Damage" implicits on it as corruption. Socketed Gems one is better.
Here we need "Socketed Gems have %X More Attack and Cast Speed" mod on Required Gear gloves and move Leap setup here. Because of "more" instead of "increased" this mod increases Leap speed a lot, thus clear speed. Here, life leech node is not needed since we already get our leech from Cluster Jewel. As support, we have Culling strike support for the 4th slot for even %11 increased attack speed to leap. Also, if you don't have Culling Strike on weapon, you can kill the boss with a single leap when it's down to %10 health. To craft these gloves, we need to essence craft it using Essence of Insanity, or fossil craft it using Glyphic Fossil and Shuddering Fossil.
Here we got a Two-Toned to be able to get some resists on the implicit, then pick two needed resists, life and movement speed and craft "Non-Vaal skill deal %60 increased damage during soul gain prevention" mod on it.
Stygian instead of Rustic Sash here and an Abyssal Jewel inside it. Same life and needed resists with better rolls. Also "Enemies have -% to Total Physical Damage Reduction against your Hits" as a further improvement. We also support this with Splitting Strike and Path of The Warrior passive tree nodes reaching up to a total of -%32 reduction(with %15 roll on the mod).
Rings with better rolls and increased damage crafted on both. Also one having "Curse Enemies With Level 8 Vulnerability on Hit" mod. Here Vulnerability goes to "on hit" from CWDT setup, which makes us apply Vulnerability all the time. Here we can get/craft Essence of Contempt crafted rings to be able to have 11-17 Physical Damage to attacks instead of regular 9-15 max roll. Also left ring anointment is changed with "Fireball Towers Fire an Additional 8 Projectiles", which is much better than cheaper 2 projectiles version on Required Gear.
Same rare amulet with better rolls/mods, also upgraded to a tier 3 talisman using Immortal Syndicate(Jorgin with 3 stars in Research Lab). Try to get "%X Increased Damage" or "Gain %X of Physical Damage as Extra Damage of a Random Element" talisman implicits. It's 2/9 chance to get one of the two.
Here we'll use jewels with double damage mods compared to required gear. For the Stygian Vise, we need an Abyss Jewel having Unholy might like this, also a Watcher's Eye having "Impales You Inflict Lasts 2 Additional Hits While Using Pride" mod. For cluster jewel, we need Martial Prowess node on top of Required Gear's cluster jewel. Please check Meta Gear's Path of Building link up above to see how it is applied and passive nodes need to be refunded on the original tree.
These will be our main flasks. You can get legacy versions of Lion's Roar and Taste of Hate for Meta Gear if playing standard. The one in the middle is going to change with the ones below depending on the situation:
For bosses to buff Vaal Ancestral Warchief. Here we need reduced soul gain prevention duration mod as low as possible(being 20) bc of crafted mod on boots. The more the soul gain prevention time, the more Sunder will have that %60 more damage bonus.
When chaos resistance is required.
This one for magicfind.
Of course you don't have to get all these, just get the ones you think you need to use in the middle slot.
RUNNING THE BUILD:
On my setup, flasks buttons 345 are changed with buttons WER, Blood Rage is on T, Leap is on Q, and life flask buttons(1-2) are right on top of them. For utility flasks, default 345 buttons here stay far a little and makes us lose time because we activate all utility flasks approximately each 5 seconds continuously. Blood and Sand is on button 3 for stance change. Pride, Arctic Armour and Dread Banner is on second skill set so we just press Ctrl+WER to activate these 3 buffs fast after dying. For Dread Banner, we just carry it as a buff, no placement.
When running the build, we start with activating Blood Rage(T), then forget it. Then we start leaping and when we find a pack we press buttons WER(or 345 if you didn't change) in a row before sundering them so our utility flasks will be activated. We can press WER right before each big pack one time without counting or checking our buffs, because our flasks will fill up right after we kill them. Then we keep on Leaping and Sundering until we find the next pack. We need to be in Sand Stance for Blood and Sand when clearing for Challenger charges.
For bosses, we’ll be using Vaal Ancestral Warchief right before we start sundering bosses. For single-phase bosses we’ll just activate 2 totems at once and start sundering. For 2-phase bosses we’ll activate only 1 at first phase, fire until first phase ends, then at the 2nd phase, activate our 2nd ancestral totem and kill the boss. If there’s 3rd phase or more we need to wait for the souls to fill up again. Some bosses spawn monsters so our souls fill up easily but some bosses don’t so it fills up slower. Or some stages have monsters, some stages there’s only the boss, like the Elder. As well before fighting some bosses like Elder, Shaper, Izaro; our vaal souls reset when we enter their domain so we have to wait for souls to fill up again to be able to use Vaal Ancestral Warchief. So you can make up your own strategy different for each boss. When Vaal Ancestral is down, be sure to have regular Ancestral Warchief up for long bosses until you activate Vaal ones. When we activate 2 Vaal ones, normal one disappears. We need to be in Blood Stance for Blood and Sand when doing bosses for Challenger charges.
For Uber Labs, we need Silver Flask in the middle. Just leap and don't Sunder anything. Our leap kills will be enough to keep Challenger Charges at maximum all the time when running at a fast pace. Don't forget to activate Blood Rage each room as it resets. Traps will be painless most of the time because of our high physical damage reduction and fast Leap when passing them. If out of potions, find a safe place and Rhyslatha will fill them up. We can also get Bloodgrip amulet to make traps less painful and for better recovery from flasks.
For Legion encounters, we need to activate 1 Vaal Ancestral Warchief totem right after mobs appear in frozen state and start Leaping and Sundering them. Totem will follow us around while damaging frozen mobs and activating them for 6 seconds. After 6 seconds, we need to activate our 2nd totem. This way, Vaal Ancestral Warchief totems will keep activating frozen mobs and give us %32 more melee damage for 12 seconds in a Legion encounter, which is 15 seconds in total.
For Blight Encounters and Blighted Maps, assuming you already have ring anointments; we need to put chilling towers close to spawn points and lots of fireball towers where they meet each other on the way. Chilling towers will slow them at spawn points a little where we can just blast them when we're close to a spawn point before they even start running. Also don't upgrade fireball towers more than level 3 if you have "Fireball Towers Fire an Additional 8 Projectiles", which is on Meta Gear. Put empowering tower in between many fireball towers to make them even stronger. We also need to keep on activating Vaal Ancestral Warchief as most as we can, since it fills up in seconds after soul gain prevention duration ends.
We need to get Perforate from Tarkleight at start and use it until level 12 where we can get Sunder after The Siren's Cadence quest. Before Leap Slam, we will use Dash we get after Breaking Some Eggs quest with Quicksilver Flask until level 10, where we can get Leap Slam after The Caged Brute quest. Get movement Speed on boots(also to more item slots if possible) and use Quicksilver flask coupled with Leap Slam. We need to add Faster Attacks support to Leap Slam in Act 2 after Sharp and Cruel quest. For single targets, we’ll use Double Strike until around level 30, then switch to Vaal Ancestral Warchief. For buffs, we need to start using War Banner and Blood and Sand at level 4, after Breaking Some Eggs quest in Act 1 and stay in Sand Stance until we get Vaal Ancestral Warchief. Then get Herald of Ash at level 16 in Act 2. We can change Herald of Ash with Pride at level 24, after Lost in Love quest in Act 3, but it's better if we wait until Act 6 instead for better/easier mana management. We also need to replace War Banner with Dread Banner at level 24 by buying it from vendor after same quest. Use Blood and Sand, Pride and Dread Banner until level 59. From that point until we get our mighty Soul Taker, Life and Mana Leech node on passive tree will help with replenishing mana. At level 59, we can get Soul Taker and add Arctic Armor to buffs. We don't have to get Soul Taker as soon as we hit level 59, build will run fine with Blood and Sand, Pride and Dread Banner buffs for enough that we'll be able to buy a Soul Taker easily. Support gems for Sunder on 4-link should be Melee Physical Damage Support, Multistrike and Faster Attacks Support. For 5-link, assuming your attack speed will be fast enough and you have Arena Challenger ascendancy, you can use Melee Phys., Multistrike, Impale and Fortify support gems. If your attack speed is still not fast enough, use Faster Attacks support instead of Impale until it gets fast enough. Don't forget to overcap your resists to at least 109 for Elemental Weakness map mod.
Gem Links When Levelling:
RRG: Perforate(Sunder) + Chance to Bleed + Onslaught
GRR: Double Strike + Maim + Ruthless
Others: Blood and Sand, War Banner, Dash(Leap Slam)
Act 2 End:
RRG: Sunder + Melee Physical Damage + Onslaught
GRR: Double Strike + Melee Physical Damage + Maim
RG: Leap Slam + Faster Attacks
Others: Blood and Sand, War Banner, Herald of Ash
Act 3 End:
RRGG: Sunder + Melee Physical Damage + Faster Attacks + Onslaught
RRR: Vaal Ancestral Warchief + Melee Physical Damage + Maim
RG: Leap Slam + Faster Attacks
Others: Blood and Sand, Dread Banner, Herald of Ash
Act 5 End:
RRRG: Sunder + Melee Physical Damage + Multistrike + Faster Attacks (Onslaught moves to Silver Flask here until we get Slaughter node on Passive Tree, then we need to change the flask to Sulphur.)
RRRR: Vaal Ancestral Warchief + Melee Physical Damage + Maim + Bloodlust
RRG: Leap Slam + Endurance Charge on Melee Stun + Faster Attacks
Others: Blood and Sand, Dread Banner, Pride, (Add Arctic Armour later when you get Soul Taker)
That’s all about levelling this build, because Sunder is one of the easiest skills to level with. As well, many melee builds use Sunder for levelling, so we don’t need to do anything special here. Build doesn't need any specific items for levelling, but here are some to make it even faster:
HOW CAN YOU SUPPORT ME?:
This summer I’ll be really busy in real life so I’ll only be able to play casually this league and probably the next. I will keep on supporting and updating/improving the build, but in these times I need you fellow Sundermen more than before. This includes sharing ideas here to improve the build, helping other Sundermen asking for help in thread, and also making videos! Yes, this means I will publish videos you created and uploaded to your youtube channel in this build guide. Criterias are;
1) Your character is need to be built as suggested in build guide. Minimal changes will be accepted.
2) Your health and DPS needs to be either close to Required or Meta Gear stats.
3) Your video needs to be appealing. It needs good playing, good representation of the aim of the video, not too long boss kills, etc.
Just post your video here with a Pob link of your char you played in the video. If criterias are met, I will publish. Thanks!
That’s all about Sunderman build. I hope you liked it and will enjoy playing it. I’ll keep on improving the build and will be updating the build guide page as the game evolves with new patches and items, so you can keep checking it to see possible future changes to the build.
If you see any misinformation or a way to improve the build, please don’t hesitate to post them here. As well if you have any questions about the build, just ask here, I’ll reply.
Special thanks to DiggerNix and Taraeos for their ideas and support that helped a lot in the making and improvement of this build. And also to everybody who helped with their ideas on this thread and in game!
GL HF, and Happy Sundering!
Last edited by PegasusRideR on Jun 22, 2020, 6:38:51 AM
Last bumped on Jun 19, 2020, 11:54:12 PM
on May 22, 2019, 7:22:39 AM
why didn't you take bloodletting?
on May 26, 2019, 1:03:43 PM
Because it gives less dps compared to any other damage node in the tree(lv96 tree), when damage nodes are calculated with their small nodes added. That's because the build doesn't do much bleed damage in total(33k bleed dps compared to 414k total dps), so doesn't benefit much from %115 increased bleeding damage(improves 4.5k). Bleed is mostly there for the explosions. %40 Increased Attack Damage against bleeding enemies is much better here, which gives 14.4k more dps in total. But ofc you can sacrifice some life nodes or 2 aoe nods to get Bloodletting and deal more damage, like this for example:
Lv 96 Passive Tree: www.poeurl.com/coej
Also you can pick Blade Barrier instead of Bloodletting to have 3.5k less total dps, 3.3k less bleed dps and %7 more block chance(%26 in total) to be a little more defensive. I added this instead of Bloodletting in lv100 tree too. All numbers here are for meta gear version btw.
Update: Added Pob links for better info.
Last edited by PegasusRideR on May 29, 2019, 10:33:22 AM
on May 29, 2019, 9:55:30 AM
will u update the build as soon as we get the patch notes
on Jun 1, 2019, 5:40:18 AM
I'll update the build a day later at most after patch notes are announced. Just added current known changes regarding the build too. No changes required until now.
on Jun 1, 2019, 9:23:02 AM
there was a new ascent :)
on Jun 2, 2019, 7:25:53 AM
Now has an attack speed multiplier of 75% (previously had 15% less attack speed).
Here I do not understand the above information, the speed of the attack with a sunder will be higher?
on Jun 5, 2019, 11:12:37 AM
Gonna be slower, 15% less attack speed means speed multiplier was (100% default -15% = 85%), now it is 10% less than that = 75%.
But you got more damage % to compensate.
They are changing all "less attack speed" into stadarized speed multiplier, so wording is same on all skills.
Sunder is very good for clear, that combination of overlaping novas, and triggering bleed explosions on top of it, works like charm, you can do this with gladiator or other melee class with haemophilia gloves. It clears and feels good, screens explode, more density = more damage, because there is more novas coming from sunder.
Last edited by aerial on Jun 5, 2019, 4:05:20 PM
on Jun 5, 2019, 4:03:37 PM
How does this build do as a league starter assuming you can't get a Soul Taker right away? Does it clear okay without reserving 100% mana? Could you just remove arctic armor until you get one?
Last edited by Xeneron on Jun 5, 2019, 7:51:03 PM
on Jun 5, 2019, 7:49:16 PM
Until you get the Soul Taker, you shouldn't be reserving your whole mana. Go for the a mana leech node near Vaal Pact until you farm or trade the axe.
on Jun 5, 2019, 7:54:26 PM