Developer Q&A - Part II

"
Can you please make Betrayal per-league rather per-character?

The question resulted in a long discussion and the eventual answer was Yes. We're not yet sure whether the change will be in 3.7.0 or 3.8.0 yet.

Can you please make Sulphite per-league rather than per-character?

Surprisingly, this actually became another Yes. Again, we aren't sure which expansion it'll go in, as there are a bunch of things we have to change at the same time to resolve our concerns with Sulphite being shared across all your characters in the league.

Master content such as Incursion and Betrayal can be distracting and disrupts the flow of just grinding maps. Do you have any plans to change this?

We have an idea for a potential change that we are quite excited about. We want more time to think about it before committing and so we aren't going to explain it here but we will follow up in a few weeks if we decide to go ahead with it (and if not, what other steps we'll take regarding this issue).

this is very encouraging, its not nearly as far as id like to see endgame content access changed but its a good start. As long as the delve thing isnt "well we give it across chars but make it even harder to afford to delve" then its a good change.

Ok, i understand concerns about low level delving for boosting chars. Heres the thing, that ship already sailed without you making these changes. If my friend wants to power level in delve then I go in with my big engame char, party up, turn on level scaling and use my insane sulphate stocks to let us powerlevel his toon. We dont even need to do it of course because we can just do the same thing using in game content. Its one of those things where if you have friends, if ur in a guild, then levelling after the initial new league push is already just open to completely power levelling. Youd only be stopping a guy with no friends being able to do what a guy with friends can already do, so.... worth? is it really vital to game integrity? no.
"
Chris wrote:
Do you have any plans on implementing Ubuntu support? Currently it's too hard to run PoE on it.

I would like to add Linux support for the game client (the game servers actually already run on Linux, as it's what we use for our online infrastructure). It's a difficult project to prioritise because such a small slice of our playerbase runs Linux on their desktop. I switched from Linux to Windows in 2006 to work on PoE, so I appreciate how important this would be for those players.

If you need one or more testers, PM me. We'd be glad to help!
Last edited by crt0mega on May 13, 2019, 3:30:06 AM
Part II and no mention of the sorry state of the story and immersion. After all these years I'm done asking, time to find greener pastures.
So Synthesis wont be part of the game anymore? What about the "Unforgetable" throphy on Ps4? The one that you need to collect all of the Shaper's memory fragments? This part was alredy at the core game or was introduced in Synthesis?
"
Do you have any plans on implementing Ubuntu support? Currently it's too hard to run PoE on it.

I would like to add Linux support for the game client (the game servers actually already run on Linux, as it's what we use for our online infrastructure). It's a difficult project to prioritise because such a small slice of our playerbase runs Linux on their desktop. I switched from Linux to Windows in 2006 to work on PoE, so I appreciate how important this would be for those players.

YES!!!!! FINALLY!!!

As someone else said, I'm willing to help test the Linux version on my arch linux. Just know that I have limited time due to long office hours.
Fear the army of dots:
..............................................................................................................................
..............................................................................................................................
Last edited by Trainingmacro on May 17, 2019, 1:58:24 PM
"
Master content such as Incursion and Betrayal can be distracting and disrupts the flow of just grinding maps. Do you have any plans to change this?

We have an idea for a potential change that we are quite excited about. We want more time to think about it before committing and so we aren't going to explain it here but we will follow up in a few weeks if we decide to go ahead with it (and if not, what other steps we'll take regarding this issue).

In my opinion this problem should be fixed asap because there are crafting rewards like "trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill" what is just a QoL craft that is only accesible to players that grind Syndicate. I'm lvl 95 in synthesis, killed the syndicate mastermind, got another matermind location spotted and still got 0 weapons with that craft. Compared to previous Masters where you can grind them easily in 2 weeks to lvl 8.

That's and absolutely distracting to reach other content like Uber Elder. And no possible to get in SSF or casual players imo.

I've killed Uber Elder in Synthesis, but still 0 progression in that craft.

Please, fix that because after betrayal, there are tons of shitty craft, usefull but not OP, that we cant get without grinding Syndicate what is 'time lost' to try new content.

Will we ever know more about Kalandra?

PoE 4.0.0

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info