How We're Approaching the Melee Rebalance in 3.7.0

Awesomness!
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-
"
1453R wrote:
Summary: "We're changing things. We're not gonna tell you what things until later, but we're changing lots of things because other games eat our lunch when it comes to melee."

...okay? I'm not entirely sure why it merited a Manifesto post, but sure. Be interesting to see what all these changes being made actually are. As it stands, more keen to see this 'simpler, scaled-back' league coming next time given the utter and complete burnout I've been dealing with since halfway through Betrayal.

The purpose of posts like this are two-fold, the second a bit more than the first. Firstly, and more cynically, it starts the hype train. However, more importantly, the second purpose is to ease people in to the idea of big changes. It's to give people an idea of the scale and scope of the changes they're planning, so they don't immediately lash out when they see all the concepts they're used to from all these years thrown into a blender all of a sudden. So yeah, it's a PR move. But given how the playerbase is atm, it's perhaps a necessary one. It helps give them the breathing room they need.

The one thing they felt comfortable revealing is that Cyclone is now channeled, as they know people would be happy to hear that since it's been a long-standing community request.
Last edited by Exile009 on Apr 11, 2019, 8:48:05 PM
"
Chris wrote:
we are experimenting with changes to systems such as [...] movement skills [...]

WANTED:

Grappling Hook Melee Movement Skill (Axe & Mace)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2333367
"
Dr1MaR wrote:
Very vague dev manifesto. We all know melee rework is being done, this is nothing new. Need more clarification on this matter.

And turns out I was right: Melee is turning into automatic crap just like spells. Here goes cyclone - press 1 button and watch your character or the animation do all the work for you while you watch your TV. Yep, saw that coming from a milestone

Then go play something else.

Bye!
GGG, pls, can you understand that the problem of your game is in the skills that play for you. I mean: Frozen orb, Brands, Totems... A lot of shit that aims/performs actions instead of player... and do that better than the player can. If you want melee to become useful, you need to give it something, that cannot be done by any other means. And you dont need to make that thing so good, that will result in only melee be viable (it is a basics of a good game, but we dont see that you even pretend to know that...). Every group of skills must have a cool feature - only that will make PoE great again. Because now, you know, PoE is meh... PoB is the real game here.
To argue with a fool means to sink to his level.
You can tell who's not been here for a while and who hasn't when they think Cyclone being channeled is anything other than a movement buff. This will fundamentally change the way it feels.

CwC Cyclone has been around forever.

Some of y'all need to step outside your 1-2 builds that the streamers told you about and try some other skills. The lack of understanding on what Cyclone being a channeled skill means is absolutely baffling.
Last edited by Rockell on Apr 11, 2019, 8:55:59 PM
And the kicker here is the actual, real most OP bosskiller build in the game is melee.
"
Chris wrote:

Players from other Action RPGs have occasionally criticised Path of Exile's melee combat for being "clunky", especially early on before players get a lot of attack speed. We are making various experimental changes to the animation system that should help resolve these concerns and really tighten up the feel of melee combat.

Wait wait wait....Someone criticized the game? NO FUCKING WAY!
Saved
"
Dr1MaR wrote:
Very vague dev manifesto. We all know melee rework is being done, this is nothing new. Need more clarification on this matter.

And turns out I was right: Melee is turning into automatic crap just like spells. Here goes cyclone - press 1 button and watch your character or the animation do all the work for you while you watch your TV. Yep, saw that coming from a milestone

Clarification is the last thing they want to do. Every time they post something about taking a look at something specific people dredge it back up and start screaming and pointing and saying you were looking at it here. Why isnt x and x and x changed to exactly what you said. Just take a look at the crying whinefest that reddit has become over the last few leagues. Everytime I go there to see if GGG posted something I want to play the game less.
"
Iznuts wrote:
"
Dr1MaR wrote:

Clarification is the last thing they want to do. Every time they post something about taking a look at something specific people dredge it back up and start screaming and pointing and saying you were looking at it here. Why isnt x and x and x changed to exactly what you said. Just take a look at the crying whinefest that reddit has become over the last few leagues. Everytime I go there to see if GGG posted something I want to play the game less.

One unfortunate side-effect of the D3 playerbase coming over here is they're insufferable children.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info