Grappling Hook Melee Movement Skill (Axe & Mace)

The title says it all.

You throw your Axe or Mace (one hand or two-hander) into the pack (or location), and your char gets pulled into the pack (to the location).

Gem Properties:

* Increased gem quality increases distance covered and pulled more quickly

* If used w Mace weapon, lowered stun threshold debuff

* If used w an Axe, it should apply a bleed damage debuff (increased damage taken when bleeding)

Edit: Please read for further details below, a reply to a user saying this is "leap slam": https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2333367/page/1#p16259951

Another idea for 3.7 Melee: Dazed Support Gem

* XX% chance to daze enemy on hit

Dazed enemies have lower global defences and offences.

Can only be used with blunt weapons. Mace & Staff.

And a mini-defensive-movement/utility skill to escape dangerous situations: Projection

A very short duration channelling skill (cannot be aborted), that projects you over a short distance to safety. While using this skill you have increased global defences/reduced damage taken. But cannot deal damage (including Zombies and co) and can not start consuming flasks. Or use other skills.

Skill got also a cool down. So no spamming. Should be helpful in end game boss fight Uber Elder and Atziri.

Is also "technically"/"skill wise" challenging, not trivial to use, because you have to know where the place of safety will be ~2 seconds later.

Last edited by RPGNoobANKA on Mar 5, 2019, 11:51:57 AM
Last bumped on May 28, 2019, 7:43:38 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I had a similar idea called grapple claw, here's a link

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2321806
"
RPGNoobANKA wrote:
The title says it all.

You throw your Axe or Mace (one hand or two-hander) into the pack (or location), and your char gets pulled into the pack (to the location).

Gem Properties:

* Increased gem quality increases distance covered and pulled more quickly

* If used w Mace weapon, lowered stun threshold debuff

* If used w an Axe, it should apply a bleed damage debuff (increased damage taken when bleeding)

Another idea for 3.7 Melee: Dazed Support Gem

* XX% chance to daze enemy on hit

Dazed enemies have lower global defences and offences.

Can only be used with blunt weapons. Mace & Staff.

And a mini-defensive-movement/utility skill to escape dangerous situations: Projection

A very short duration channelling skill (cannot be aborted), that projects you over a short distance to safety. While using this skill you have increased global defences/reduced damage taken. But cannot deal damage (including Zombies and co) and can not start consuming flasks. Or use other skills.

Skill got also a cool down. So no spamming. Should be helpful in end game boss fight Uber Elder and Atziri.

Is also "technically"/"skill wise" challenging, not trivial to use, because you have to know where the place of safety will be ~2 seconds later.

I actually lol'd when I realized that you don't realize you just described exactly how leap slam works.
"

I actually lol'd when I realized that you don't realize you just described exactly how leap slam works.

Really? Did you?

A grappling hook "pull yourself into the pack" is mechanically very different to a leap slam:

(1) You don't jump into the air in an arch towards the enemy or a location.

(2) Thus, a grappling hook "pull yourself into the pack" movement skill can also not traverse terrain with height differences. Thus NO comparison with Leap Slam can be made.

(3) A grappling hook "pull yourself into the pack" would also not be affected by attack speed. Because the mechanic itself is not based on attack speed; throw blunt weapon into pack, get pulled in to the pack by the chain (grappling hook). Read my Gem Quality description.

(4) Thus, on this difference alone, because it provides less mobility than leap slam, it should be more powerful of a utility skill in terms of damage and debuff (as outlined before), than leap slam; 20% chance to Knock Enemies Back on hit.
Last edited by RPGNoobANKA on Mar 5, 2019, 11:56:12 AM
"
RPGNoobANKA wrote:

Really? Did you?

A grappling hook "pull yourself into the pack" is mechanically very different to a leap slam:

(2) Thus, a grappling hook "pull yourself into the pack" movement skill can also not traverse terrain with height differences. Thus NO comparison with Leap Slam can be made.

(3) A grappling hook "pull yourself into the pack" would also not be affected by attack speed. Because the mechanic itself is not based on attack speed; throw blunt weapon into pack, get pulled in to the pack by the chain (grappling hook). Read my Gem Quality description.

(4) Thus, on this difference alone, because it provides less mobility than leap slam, it should be more powerful of a utility skill in terms of damage and debuff (as outlined before), than leap slam; 20% chance to Knock Enemies Back on hit.

I mean... it's a movement skill that you use to travel into a pack of enemies to bring them in melee range, gaining a defensive boost as you do.

That's exactly what leap slam does.

If it isn't affected by attack speed, has a wind-up before use and/or requires straight flat terrain, all you've done is create BAD leap slam.
"
RPGNoobANKA wrote:
"

Really? Did you?

it might look a bit different but it seems a lot like consecrated path
"

If it isn't affected by attack speed, has a wind-up before use and/or requires straight flat terrain, all you've done is create BAD leap slam.

"
via ciel289

Since when does Leap Slam or Conc Path:

(1) apply a debuff that lowers the stun threshold of the enemy?

(2) or apply an increased damage taken when bleeding debuff?
"
RPGNoobANKA wrote:
"

"
via ciel289

Since when does Leap Slam or Conc Path:

(1) apply a debuff that lowers the stun threshold of the enemy?

(2) or apply an increased damage taken when bleeding debuff?

1, Since you have a warlord's mark on hit or blasphemy setup (which just about all melee builds run)

2, Since Maim Support was added to the game, which anyone running a bleed build WOULD use on their leap slam.
[Deleted]

Sorry.
Last edited by RPGNoobANKA on May 28, 2019, 7:44:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info