How We're Approaching the Melee Rebalance in 3.7.0

"
Edit: And Cyclone is now a Channelled skill.

finally! ty!
Last edited by nekkoy on Apr 12, 2019, 8:43:37 AM
Probably the best news I have read for a while , Melee skills require some rework and not just an increase in damage numbers or stats, as we know there are melee skills that even now perform quite well such as, Molten Strike, Ancestral Warchief, Sunder, Earthquake, Double Strike, Heavy Strike, Blade Flurry, (from the top of my head) but even these selected few are much more gear dependent. I want to see dead melee skills revived and remade and even some love to the melee sides of our beautiful tree.

All the best for the GGG team.
Don't try to hold it, flow with it.
Cool. Glad they're not just changing damage numbers, because that's not the real issue.

Should just give melee free fortify on movement skills that stacks with real fortify, that would help things a lot.
The best that could happen for melee, is a "new" or improved targeting system, "single target" skill's feel very bad to play, and most people aviod them, thats at least what i hope 3.7 will bring us :D
Sounds good, but don't try to overdo it with too many changes that might not work well together and just make things more complicated and convoluted. Keep it simple.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
For me the best update for poe are:

- Improve stability/performance
- MAKE A GOOD TRADING SYSTEM
- Fossil stash tab
- Improve drop rate. I play 4/5 hours per day and in one month i have found only two stupid exalted. In 400hours of gaming i have found only ONE unique that are worth more than a chaos... This is fucking stupid.

I'm a newbie and i don't know the value of the objects and cannot make money with trading. 😔😔😔
" And Cyclone is now a channelled skill. "

Great! :)
Add in some combos, gamers love combos.
Great news. The namelock skills are indeed vry basic. Being able to stop cycloning when you let go the right click is vry much needed.
We need some area coverage for melee in order to compete with projectiles clear ability. Some type of trail or secondary damage (i.e the hurricanes that move randomly behind you, after you cyclone in d3).
Some bone explosion or the rampage nova once a few seconds, etc.
Honestly, any kind of extra range, secondary damage for melee is needed.

Full physical dps + bleed total damage at high end is vry low. This needs to be looked into.

The rest, the community has already spoken about. The two-handers, the fortify, etc.
I think the elemental dmg, the leech, the mitigation are just ok with good gear.

The melee skills on which you have to use ancestral call (and thank god it exists now) are all vry unpratical. Except molten strike, ofc.

Any special recovery ability from ascendancies can do the trick and make melee more enjoyable.

The mirage archer for bowers was just over the top. Melee needs a similar support i.e (every few seconds a clone teleports to a close random enemy and aoe strikes it).

Ty for your constant game improving.
♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈
Ign: @Yavvyred
STD Trade/Craft/Carry: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2289358
"
Chris wrote:
Edit: And Cyclone is now a Channelled skill.

My two-year dream of a viable Cyclone/Blade Vortex spiral of destruction has finally come true.
This is a buff™

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info