[3.8 Video Guide] Beginner Friendly: Winter Orb Trickster [Uber Elder & Fast]

"
Shock3r19711 wrote:

Does this work on our build? I dont see it changing anything in pob or my winter orb dps in game. Would be very useful if we dont have the life leech belt yet. And then we could possbily get a better belt like stygian vise?

It won't work once you've picked up Avatar of Fire. That node prevents all non-fire damage, including the chaos damage from this flask. That's why you (correctly) don't see any change in PoB.
"
zug0 wrote:
If you think a 1 ex budget to do endgame content easily and breeze to T15s in 3 minutes is not cheap you are playing the wrong game.
To be very clear: my issue is that the build is labeled 'beginner-friendly'. I agree 1 exalted is cheap for experienced players, but as I stated before I do not think that it is within a beginner's budget. I think the number you quoted (30c) is much closer to a reasonable beginner budget.

It's also important to note that I was very conservative with my cost estimate. I used the cheapest available listings from a league that has had 2 months+ worth of items entering the market supply. If it were just one month into the league a Dying Sun could easily cost more than 1 exalted orb by itself!
"
Shock3r19711 wrote:

Whats the benefit of using scepters over wands?

You can use Opal or Tornado Wands, just get the implicit around 40% spell damage.

But Opal and Void Sceptres roll fixed implicit 40% increased elemental damage, elemental damage also scale the herald of ice explosions (spell damage doesn't), also with sceptres you can do the leap slam + faster attacks + fortify, that's not possible with wands.
Last edited by zug0 on May 13, 2019, 2:19:13 PM
"
octeris wrote:
To be very clear: my issue is that the build is labeled 'beginner-friendly'. I agree 1 exalted is cheap for experienced players, but as I stated before I do not think that it is within a beginner's budget. I think the number you quoted (30c) is much closer to a reasonable beginner budget.

It's also important to note that I was very conservative with my cost estimate. I used the cheapest available listings from a league that has had 2 months+ worth of items entering the market supply. If it were just one month into the league a Dying Sun could easily cost more than 1 exalted orb by itself!

Well, the problem is that the build is kinda beginner friendly but the guide is not that complete so many beginners will get lost if they are not familiar with the game. For me it's a very good levling build (I wouldn't use arc traps though... I prefer just to use winter orb + ice spear and zoom zoom through content).

Another problem is that Winter Orb is flavor of the league so everything is kinda more expensive if it's part of a winter orb build. That's why I stayed away from it during the league and went with my familiar GC Mine build, since it got a "nerf" I knew stuff would be cheaper.

Also this build got some attention because it's a nice way to lvl and farm end game content + currency for the more powerful and expensive version using Eternity Shroud.

Anyway I posted some tips if you don't have the items, but on flashback currency and stuff is just way easier than league because of map density. So as I said, just pic a low tier map and farm the hell of it if you can't progress on high end maps/content.
"
zug0 wrote:
"
kasparraid wrote:
Any thoughts on picking Eldritch Battery node and using Energy Leech Support in Winter Orb setup to conquer mana issues?

Use Hatred + Herald of Ice and Lightning Golem on Malachai till you get frostferno + dual timbers. You will have plenty of mana left and herald of ice will shatter and explode a lot of stuff.

Are you talking about Malachai Artifice? Do you put the Lightning Golem in it? Also can't see how this would help mana regen.
"
kasparraid wrote:
"
zug0 wrote:
"
kasparraid wrote:
Any thoughts on picking Eldritch Battery node and using Energy Leech Support in Winter Orb setup to conquer mana issues?

Use Hatred + Herald of Ice and Lightning Golem on Malachai till you get frostferno + dual timbers. You will have plenty of mana left and herald of ice will shatter and explode a lot of stuff.

Are you talking about Malachai Artifice? Do you put the Lightning Golem in it? Also can't see how this would help mana regen.

Yes.
You put the golem in it cause there is no sense to run the herald of purity outside the ring since it doesn't do much for this build if it's not in the ring. You will get the golem to apply ele equilibrium.

You are running one less aura. So you should have plenty of mana, I have 335 mana left @lvl 73 with my shitty leveling gear + tabula. The easiest way to solve the mana regen issue is to just use a mana pot and that's it. With 300 mana not reserved you will get plenty of mana that you wont need to spam a mana pot every 0.1 second because when it fills your mana it stops.

Last edited by zug0 on May 13, 2019, 2:32:25 PM
I literally have gear for 15-20c(Wise Oak flask was 12c) and I have no problems at all, I dunno if you guys having mana problems havent picked up weave the arcane, it gives a chance to recover mana. I can basically just hold winter orb and keep up 10 stacks because of the mana recovery.

You dont need to be at 10 stacks all the time either.

Im just lvl 79 tho, but no problem at all so far.
Last edited by ölet on May 13, 2019, 2:44:58 PM

"The build is designed to freeze & shatter everything it comes near and on top of this it has well over 5000 eHP + Acrobatics & Phase Acrobatics which makes it a very suitable beginner friendly build."

How do I manage to freeze stuffs after I put point in Avatar of Fire??
"
ölet wrote:
I literally have gear for 15-20c(Wise Oak flask was 12c) and I have no problems at all, I dunno if you guys having mana problems havent picked up weave the arcane, it gives a chance to recover mana. I can basically just hold winter orb and keep up 10 stacks because of the mana recovery.

You dont need to be at 10 stacks all the time either.

Im just lvl 79 tho, but no problem at all so far.

Me too, and i didn't even get uber lab. Since I don't have weave I'm just running with 1 less herald.
"
zug0 wrote:

"
zug0 wrote:

Yes.
You put the golem in it cause there is no sense to run the herald of purity outside the ring since it doesn't do much for this build if it's not in the ring. You will get the golem to apply ele equilibrium.
You are running one less aura. So you should have plenty of mana, I have 335 mana left @lvl 73 with my shitty leveling gear + tabula. The easiest way to solve the mana regen issue is to just use a mana pot and that's it. With 300 mana not reserved you will get plenty of mana that you wont need to spam a mana pot every 0.1 second because when it fills your mana it stops.

But it doesn't make any sense. You are suggesting to use Hated + Herald of Ice and Lightning Golem. On top of that you are suggesting to put Herald of Purity inside Malachai Artifice which makes a total of 3 auras.
Last edited by kasparraid on May 13, 2019, 2:57:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info