[3.8 Video Guide] Beginner Friendly: Winter Orb Trickster [Uber Elder & Fast]

I extremely rarely comment on my threads due to lack of time and therefor focusing on my youtube comments instead.

However, there seem to be a huge problem for a lot of people using this build as a league starter. The niche design of it requiring uniques that drops from guardians which are towards the absolute end-game will ALWAYS be expensive.
Now, with that said, the build is still more than fine to play as a low budget build functioning as a league starter.

There are multiple options some are gone through in the guide as well, so here's a run down of what you can do and what I'm currently doing myself as I'm running the Inquisitor version of this atm in Flashback Hardcore.

Use 6L Winter Orb with Cold2Fire support (including Avatar of Fire), make sure Combustion is there. This is WAY more than you need to use for smooth clearing.
Since builds utilizing Frostferno has caused that to go up in price higher than expected you will simply be using a 4L Ice Spear, however, I personally felt that you'd be better of utilizing something like Vaal BV or as what I'm currently running; Lightning Spire Traps.
Example of links:
Lightning Spire Traps - Trap/Mine DMG - Elemental Focus - Lightning Penetration (NOTE: This is prior to Avatar of Fire keystone, at which point you should be using an Ice spell with Cold2Fire included).

The comments seems to range from people having no problems at all who understands this situation and a lot of people being frustrated so let's put this all to rest and help you guys out.

As many of you know, I rarely respond on the forums, if you are having issues with your build, pop your question on the YouTube video and I will personally take care of you. You can also join our www.discord.gg/GhazzyTV in which we have both a general poe channel as well as a build review channel to help you with this and/or any other builds you might need help with.
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
For those having trouble with mana, buy an atziri's foible, they are currently around 1c and provide a lot of mana regen, I'm using one now and I'm basically having no more mana issues.
"
Nekuuu wrote:
For those having trouble with mana, buy an atziri's foible, they are currently around 1c and provide a lot of mana regen, I'm using one now and I'm basically having no more mana issues.

Later on, with Warlord's from a rare ring (budget: mark of submission), optionally Mana Leech support on Storm Brand, and Weave the Arcane ascendancy, I'm having no issues with Mana sustain.

Does this work on our build? I dont see it changing anything in pob or my winter orb dps in game. Would be very useful if we dont have the life leech belt yet. And then we could possbily get a better belt like stygian vise?
Last edited by Shock3r19711 on May 13, 2019, 8:16:12 AM
"
zug0 wrote:
The league is 48hours in and people expect stuff that only drops on guardians to cost 1 chaos... Lol please. Stop crying. Go farm. I'm using 2 rare scepters that I found with tabula. Ice spear on 4 link and WOrb in tabula. It's ridiculous. In just fly through stuff.
That's not what I expect and no one is saying that. If you go look at Synthesis (a league that is over two months old) some of the 'budget' items still fall into the 30+ chaos range. Even if I assemble Ghazzy's 'budget' items at Synthesis prices it is going to cost me 1exa or more. That is not a 'beginner-friendly' budget. Saying "Stop crying. Go farm." is not constructive and helps no one.

"
Ghazzy wrote:
The niche design of it requiring uniques that drops from guardians which are towards the absolute end-game will ALWAYS be expensive.
So then why are those uniques included in your budget PoB itemization?
Last edited by octeris on May 13, 2019, 10:43:22 AM
Any thoughts on picking Eldritch Battery node and using Energy Leech Support in Winter Orb setup to conquer mana issues?
"
kasparraid wrote:
Any thoughts on picking Eldritch Battery node and using Energy Leech Support in Winter Orb setup to conquer mana issues?

Use Hatred + Herald of Ice and Lightning Golem on Malachai till you get frostferno + dual timbers. You will have plenty of mana left and herald of ice will shatter and explode a lot of stuff.
Last edited by zug0 on May 13, 2019, 11:59:46 AM
"
octeris wrote:
"
zug0 wrote:
The league is 48hours in and people expect stuff that only drops on guardians to cost 1 chaos... Lol please. Stop crying. Go farm. I'm using 2 rare scepters that I found with tabula. Ice spear on 4 link and WOrb in tabula. It's ridiculous. In just fly through stuff.
That's not what I expect and no one is saying that. If you go look at Synthesis (a league that is over two months old) some of the 'budget' items still fall into the 30+ chaos range. Even if I assemble Ghazzy's 'budget' items at Synthesis prices it is going to cost me 1exa or more. That is not a 'beginner-friendly' budget. Saying "Stop crying. Go farm." is not constructive and helps no one.

"
Ghazzy wrote:
The niche design of it requiring uniques that drops from guardians which are towards the absolute end-game will ALWAYS be expensive.
So then why are those uniques included in your budget PoB itemization?

If you think a 1 ex budget to do endgame content easily and breeze to T15s in 3 minutes is not cheap you are playing the wrong game. Anyway I made a more constructive appoach on the post bellow this one. Hope it helps.

But if you want a cheaper build without the clear speed go play GC Mine. Dual The Princess Sabre + Tabula + Essence Worm and you will kill shaper and uber elder (if if you have OK mechanics) with a 30c budget.
Last edited by zug0 on May 13, 2019, 12:13:10 PM
For the people with Problems using this build as a League Starter

If you don't have the endgame items (dual beltimber + frostferno) do this:

Use Herald of Ice + Hatred and Lightning Golem on the Malachai and go farm low tier maps with Winter Orb on a Tabula

Winter Orb Links = Winter Orb -> GMP -> Cold to Fire -> Infused Channeling -> Combustion -> Increased Duration (QoL).

Try to get Scepters with 40% elemental damage implicit (Opal or Void), with any spell damage on it, if no spell damage craft Spell Damage on the bench.

Grab EV-ES or pure ES Gear with life on it.

Link Flame Dash -> Arcane Surge -> Increased duration -> faster Casting.

Keep arcane surge around lvl 8 so every flame dash procs arcane surge.

This is the poorman/league starter version of this build.

Use the recommended ice spear settings + CwDT
"
zug0 wrote:
For the people with Problems using this build as a League Starter

If you don't have the endgame items (dual beltimber + frostferno) do this:

Use Herald of Ice + Hatred and Lightning Golem on the Malachai and go farm low tier maps with Winter Orb on a Tabula

Winter Orb Links = Winter Orb -> GMP -> Cold to Fire -> Infused Channeling -> Combustion -> Increased Duration (QoL).

Try to get Scepters with 40% elemental damage implicit (Opal or Void), with any spell damage on it, if no spell damage craft Spell Damage on the bench.

Grab EV-ES or pure ES Gear with life on it.

Link Flame Dash -> Arcane Surge -> Increased duration -> faster Casting.

Keep arcane surge around lvl 8 so every flame dash procs arcane surge.

This is the poorman/league starter version of this build.

Use the recommended ice spear settings + CwDT

Whats the benefit of using scepters over wands?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info