What We're Working On

I thought that part of the reason for the downtime was that if there are any technical issues with the end of league, that GGG would have time to solve them before the inception of a new one. Usually, doesn't the full end of league transfer happen over the course of several days (i.e besides character transfer, there is delve transfer and atlas record)? Here are some things I can think of right away to ask:

If there is an issue during end of league transfer that results in realm downtime being required, is GGG willing to compromise the new league launch as a result? (This may have not happened before but it should be catered for.)

Will there be any latency / frame rate drops / slow server effects felt by players as a result of end of league transfer happening during the launch of another?

If the previous league is to be incorporated at once (e.g. Betrayal in Synthesis), is GGG able to easily separate / pinpoint bugs resulting from each action?

Considering the problems that are usually associated with the launch of a new league, personally, this feels like a larger risk. If however GGG has managed to cover all its bases, I don't see why it can't happen.
There should always be a window between leagues, and there are several very important reasons for this. Anticipation my friends, it might not be obvious but the build-up before a new league is part of the hype and this is the time you tell your friends everything about the game. Every day looking for new information, spoilers, news from GGG - this is when the community comes together. Let's come together! Oh yeah.
Need a CHEAP DELVE flashback! All I want is to delve forever
Last edited by Joleco on Apr 8, 2019, 7:59:16 PM
official race when? :D
Why not work on the....you know, SHIT LEAGUE?
I think having a few days between leagues is good for players to take a breather and migrate their goodies from the temporary leagues into the permanent leagues. It also gives the servers a breather
let past league items be able to drop!
1.A league of a simpler scope... finally!
2.Intervention freeze fixes???
3.The few days break inbetween leagues is fine imo, because not many people are playing at the end of month 3 anyway + it leaves a nice period to make new builds etc.
4.Event? Don't really care about it myself. I'ma be playing the league if at all, not really a fan of running through the same content i just did and then AGAIN in the new league. One start per 3 months is enough for me.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on Apr 8, 2019, 8:17:51 PM
Yay a flashback league. Cause this league launch was a disaster.

Also Elder fight is still bugged and has been for a year with no fix in sight, thx GGG.
Hi GGG! On the topic or ending a league a few days before the launch of a new one, I am in favor. My only issue is this : I play most of my leagues HC and I used to enjoy the few days I had between leagues to try things in Standard like practicing Uber Elder; I can't do this anymore because my Atlas is reset in Standard... I don't want to have to work on my Atlas for a few days in order to be able to practice during those few days

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info