[3.9] Gryph's CI Vortex + Coldsnap Trickster || Uber Elder+Everything Else

"
wtfbliz wrote:
How critical is Aspect of the Spider? Im currently using flesh and stone instead, because cold dot multi / spider gloves are like 10 ex...

Aspect of the spider is a significant dps increase, especially where the build needs it - bosses with high HP pools. You do not need to get it on a GG pair of gloves to link in enlightment. I run enlightment 3 on disc and maleveolance in gloves, and have aspect on a ring. Reserve Aspect, Disc, Malev, and lvl 1 clarity and have more than enough mana to us all skills on CD.

You can get mana reserve redux on tree and a cheap disc or malev reservation redux helm enchant.
"
wtfbliz wrote:
How critical is Aspect of the Spider? Im currently using flesh and stone instead, because cold dot multi / spider gloves are like 10 ex...

You can craft Aspect of the Spider on anything with an open suffix. The craft costs about 25c.

Also, Aspect of the Spider can't be supported by Enlighten.
Last edited by Jaba01 on Jan 3, 2020, 7:54:17 PM
you can also use a malevolence helm enchant+lv 4 enlighten to use both spider and flesh and stone if you want, its what i currently opt for to do 600 delve. For an even more gg option you could get 5% mana reduced on helm with the -9 cold res delve helm, with vortex enchant,

btw OP have you tried a build with thread of hope? with a large range it can reach the top two cold damage notables and saves around 15-20 points depending on what you opt for, my current tree uses that for 60 aoe and block/spell block, but idk if its optimal
Last edited by Arcaniusu on Jan 4, 2020, 4:30:49 AM
Thanks for this guide Gryph and this has been fun to play with.

Im still very noob at crafting, can anyone advise on what I do with this weapon?

One crafting question for this build. I invested into this amulet. How would you finish this please??

As I am begginer to crafting I see 3 posibilites:

1. Ex slam it and prey for luck.
2. Multimod and craft back +%Increased Energy Shield and +%Cold damage
3. Craft "keep prefixes" and ex slam it with anulments?(this is for me total unknown area)

Edited: Looked on a new exalts and I probably will EX slam it with 2 new hunter exalted orbs, there is a chance for Malevolence reduced reservation and Cold dmg multiplier.
If I multimoded - cold dmg gives me like 1% of total dmg, and only usable is all resistances. So slaming new orbs looks best to me.
Last edited by K3iVi on Jan 4, 2020, 2:18:19 PM
"
Jaba01 wrote:
"
wtfbliz wrote:

You can craft Aspect of the Spider on anything with an open suffix. The craft costs about 25c.

Also, Aspect of the Spider can't be supported by Enlighten.

yep i didnt play beastiary hard i figured out im a dummy and just bought the beast and slapped em on what I had
"
K3iVi wrote:
One crafting question for this build. I invested into this amulet. How would you finish this please??

As I am begginer to crafting I see 3 posibilites:

1. Ex slam it and prey for luck.
2. Multimod and craft back +%Increased Energy Shield and +%Cold damage
3. Craft "keep prefixes" and ex slam it with anulments?(this is for me total unknown area)

Edited: Looked on a new exalts and I probably will EX slam it with 2 new hunter exalted orbs, there is a chance for Malevolence reduced reservation and Cold dmg multiplier.
If I multimoded - cold dmg gives me like 1% of total dmg, and only usable is all resistances. So slaming new orbs looks best to me.

Well, you can't use new orbs on an influenced item so...

I would multimod for resists if I need it, or give myself that option for later.

Can also use that for aspect of the spider and slam a suffix.
I'm planning to start a cold dot vortex char but after reading into occultist and trickster versions for quite a while I still can't decide which to go for.

I feel trickster provides much better defense layers why I prefer it. However, everybody seems to be using atziri's reflection which I won't have. I wonder if in that case it would be better to go with occu + shav's LL version as it's actually obtainable for me.
Also, 90% of vortex chars on poe.ninja are occultists. I'm sure there's a reason for that, right?

Thanks for input!
"
Jay_J wrote:
I'm planning to start a cold dot vortex char but after reading into occultist and trickster versions for quite a while I still can't decide which to go for.

I feel trickster provides much better defense layers why I prefer it. However, everybody seems to be using atziri's reflection which I won't have. I wonder if in that case it would be better to go with occu + shav's LL version as it's actually obtainable for me.
Also, 90% of vortex chars on poe.ninja are occultists. I'm sure there's a reason for that, right?

Thanks for input!

Occultist is just more popular in general. I prefer CI for chaos immunity and the extra defensive layers are quite nice.

That said I haven't actually played this since 3.7 xD Having too much fun on my VD necro build. :P

In general Trickster will be more defensive and has some nice QoL bonuses. Reflection is great and is something you can work towards. Up to you though, both are very strong.
Thank you for this guide!
Just some short information for the result on me.

i am a total casual player, missed the last 2 leagues in poe. played vortex build once, and i like the style of your build to decide to try it again.

success for me in poe until now, the 4 guardians and normal elder. casual player for sure!
so i was wondering if i could do more.

i worked on my gear for a week, got to lvl 93. my gear is not perfect, but i think its already better than mediacore, so i tried sirus awaken level 0.

3 deaths, i beat him! very nice! i never thought that i would do that in poe ever, clear the endgame content.

so thanks a lot for the build, it does something good! now i can go on to clear the other stuff.

p.s. little note at the edge...delivered divination cards for 5x random currency...and wow...got 5ex :-).
Last edited by DerianDerian on Jan 5, 2020, 4:38:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info