[3.9] Gryph's CI Vortex + Coldsnap Trickster || Uber Elder+Everything Else

"
Dreamalive wrote:
Hey, just finished the league and the 36 challenges with this build and must say it was smooth ride from start to finish. Ended up getting all of the high end items for the build and clearing all the end game content multiple times with quite ease.

It was my first build with trickster and CI, and must say i really started liking playing both trickster and energy shield build, so have to look into picking a build for next league that could take into account both of these factors.

For anyone interested, my gear and stuff can be seen at https://bit.ly/35c8iut(poe.ninja)

bro i know i dont need to say this but its really bugging me you have a curse flask which cancels the reflect+legacy combo haha
"
Arcaniusu wrote:
"
Dreamalive wrote:
Hey, just finished the league and the 36 challenges with this build and must say it was smooth ride from start to finish. Ended up getting all of the high end items for the build and clearing all the end game content multiple times with quite ease.

It was my first build with trickster and CI, and must say i really started liking playing both trickster and energy shield build, so have to look into picking a build for next league that could take into account both of these factors.

For anyone interested, my gear and stuff can be seen at https://bit.ly/35c8iut(poe.ninja)

bro i know i dont need to say this but its really bugging me you have a curse flask which cancels the reflect+legacy combo haha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

RIP DPS during flask effect XD

But really, good job on challenges. Glad you enjoyed the build! :)
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
Arcaniusu wrote:
"
Dreamalive wrote:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

RIP DPS during flask effect XD

But really, good job on challenges. Glad you enjoyed the build! :)

Yeah, i must admit that i didnt know about the interaction with the flask and the combo, but now i do :P i was meant to change that flask modifier after i got the shield but i just kept forgetting to do it after the map(s), like a goldfish memory when it came to it. The damage the build provided was substantial with the gear i had in the end, stuff died fast anyway, still annoyed didnt know about it
"
TrafficLi9HT wrote:
Hey Gryph,

I'm at a point in my build where I have to spend a pretty high amount of money (at least to me) to better it further, so I was wondering what would be the next step. And I definitely prefer dmg over survivabilty right now, im fine with 7.8k es for now. So it would be watchers eye (5 ex+), awakened swift affliction (5 ex+) etc. Dont really know what to do. Can you look into my PoB really quick?
https://pastebin.com/msPEtchi

There is a lot more you can do. First, level up to ~92-94 and grab more ES nodes and swap over to Energy From Within tree nodes. Next, get enlightenment setup and aspect of the spider. Get an amulet with cold dot multi and/or +1 to all cold skill gems, and get a real anointment. Get 20 or 21 gems.

I've taken this build to 11k ES and 1.2m shaper dot dps without atziri/coward legacy combo.
"
xMelgassi wrote:
How is this build without Atziri's reflection? Can it do endgame content? I play on PS4 and this item is extremely expensive and I really don't know when I'll manage to get one.

I started Metamorph with this build and made some minor tweaks. I do not have atziri mirror or coward belt and am sitting at 11k ES and 1.2m shaper dot dps on vortex. All content cleared, juiced double beyond t16 bosses and guardians are easy (maybe a bit slow on some, but safe). The build is more than functional without mirror/legacy. Even with the currency I doubt I will invest in those items as the build really wont change much with them. Maps clear speed is a function of aoe/move speed/and vaal cold snap uptime more so than damage, and bossing on shaper/UE/Sirus is comfortable. Getting to ~2m dps with those would really only change the phase timing for UE and Sirus and not much else. Better off investing in explode chest and vaal soul cost redux mapping setup.
Hi all, advice time, do you think this neck is good enough to spend the 2 ex anointing Tranquility or should I try for better before i slap it on?

"
wtfbliz wrote:
Hi all, advice time, do you think this neck is good enough to spend the 2 ex anointing Tranquility or should I try for better before i slap it on?

imo get one of these
the mod is currently bugged where you need to reequip vortex to actually get the damage boost, but when they fix it this is probably bis, gives 200k more dps on pob than a cold damage over time amulet. Alot more expensive but if you're anointing tranquility should get the best
Thanks went ahead and got one :D

Can confirm the bug you mention, unequipping every piece of gear every map is pretty annoying, looks like its been broken for 2 weeks now. On my build looks like its a 26% tooltip dps boost when i re-equip the gems, which is stupid huge.

Last edited by wtfbliz on Dec 31, 2019, 12:48:01 PM
All I'm missing is a good wand. Been using the same one ever since I finished act 10 although the rest of my gear is worth ~50 exalts. How should I go about crafting a wand with the changes to multimod? Should I use one of the new conqueror bases?
Basically you want this wand:
https://poe.trade/search/ononitamositar
Bought it myself for 11 ex.

I invested few ex into the build and made it to n.3 in DPS on poe ninja without watchers eye and cold dmg overtime multiplier on gloves.
Also I very recommend to use Flash and stone instead of Aspect of the spider for general use (or switch to spider for main bosses). I do not know why, but I get less FPS issues - frame time generation, and it is super safe with flash and stone, you can dash to enemies. Died only once on my bad reading when lvling from 96 to 97 lvl yesterday in t16 maps with metamorphs clearing.

Another thing if you want to do some gambling, try to get +2 to aoe gems on helmet. I have it on Rime Gaze and basically doubles Cold Snap dmg and it is super helpful on clearing.

Total investment so far 50ex - 16ex shield, 11ex wand, 7ex body armor, 1ex gloves, 1ex boots, amulet 5ex, enlighten lvl 4 7ex, ring 2ex.
Another awaiting improvements - better body armor 10ex, awakened gems 10ex, watchers eye 15+ ex, maybe amulet with +1 to cold and +1 to intel gems.

When I check occultists, their dmg with more auras from shield is better. Anyone played both builds with the same investments?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info