[3.9] Gryph's CI Vortex + Coldsnap Trickster || Uber Elder+Everything Else

Hi, I will probably play the build next league, I really like the guide. Obviously it is a bit early to say, how it might be changing, but will you look at the build and maybe update it (when the new league starts and it is clearer how new influence system and item mods work)? Since Shaper and Elder won't be as accessible, it could mean that some items could change I guess or just be really expensive. Have a nice week.
"
Sisko1980 wrote:
Hi, I will probably play the build next league, I really like the guide. Obviously it is a bit early to say, how it might be changing, but will you look at the build and maybe update it (when the new league starts and it is clearer how new influence system and item mods work)? Since Shaper and Elder won't be as accessible, it could mean that some items could change I guess or just be really expensive. Have a nice week.

I will certainly be making updates as we are given more information/patch notes.

Getting a watcher's eye will be a lot more difficult, but that doesn't reduce the viability of the build. Vortex is still one of the best bossing builds out there so still going to be a solid choice going into 3.9 with all the new boss content.
will check for updates on your build when the patch notes are out. Think this build is an all-around good build for the next league, because of the new bosses and league mechanic (make your own boss).

Edit: will you update it before the new league starts?
Last edited by bunnyoncrack on Nov 18, 2019, 11:09:41 PM
"
bunnyoncrack wrote:
will check for updates on your build when the patch notes are out. Think this build is an all-around good build for the next league, because of the new bosses and league mechanic (make your own boss).

Yes, I will update before the new league starts once the patch notes get released.
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
bunnyoncrack wrote:

Yes, I will update before the new league starts once the patch notes get released.

Are you leveling with something else or just the same setup? And how good is it for a fresh league?

edit: I have checked your PoB, what is up with those gloves (asenaths gentle)?
And do you maybe have a budget version of the PoB, because at league start atziris reflection and some of the other gear is nearly impossible to obtain.
And why do you have increased duration boots multimodded?
Last edited by bunnyoncrack on Nov 19, 2019, 6:42:30 PM
Hi there

I'm loving the build . Could u add or write somewhere what we should be aiming in our items in order ?

E.g

Armor :
1 arcane surge
2 lot of es
3 lot of eva
4 flat + es

Weapon :
1. Cast spells on skill use
2. % cold dmg over time
3. Spell dmg

And so on ? This could help . Or not . I was just wondering if there is any difference in spell dmg vs elemental dmg. What to aim for in each item.

I read like 10 pages of this thread and learned a lot and it should be summarized somewhere.

Thanks for your hard work.

P.s. where do u put might of the meek ? I would like to have "corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you" somewhere since I forgot to use my flask a lot ...
Last edited by fantafff on Nov 19, 2019, 6:08:50 PM
"
fantafff wrote:
Hi there

I'm loving the build . Could u add or write somewhere what we should be aiming in our items in order ?

E.g

Armor :
1 arcane surge
2 lot of es
3 lot of eva
4 flat + es

Weapon :
1. Cast spells on skill use
2. % cold dmg over time
3. Spell dmg

And so on ? This could help . Or not . I was just wondering if there is any difference in spell dmg vs elemental dmg. What to aim for in each item.

I read like 10 pages of this thread and learned a lot and it should be summarized somewhere.

Thanks for your hard work.

P.s. where do u put might of the meek ? I would like to have "corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you" somewhere since I forgot to use my flask a lot ...

mmmm I'm pretty sure I covered a sort of "priority" list in the gear section, but basically...

For chest you want High EV+ES first, then think about adding arcane surge. Arcane Surge is a nice damage boost and saves a socket elsewhere but it's not *needed* That said, since I craft most of my own gear I would craft towards trying to get it if I can. This all depends on budget really. Early in a new league I would just try to get a 6L with reasonable EV+ES stats.

For the weapon, Ele damage and spell damage scale the same for vortex. Wands are better now as they do not have a strength requirement.

top priority is to get one with an open suffix for "Trigger a Socketed Spell when you use a skill"

Again, that's all about your budget. It's not expensive to get reasonable rare weapons and then add the craft to it.

I used Might of the Meek jewel at one point in the witch jewel socket. I prefer having the noteables around there though.
Hey something I always wondered with Elemental Overload builds is, where do the Critical Strikes to proc it come from? So where do they come from? I think Vortex with COntrolled Destruction shouldn't crit, so is it Cold Snap or Storm Brand and those other skills from the weapon trigger? Just asking out of curiosity and how is the uptime of Elemental Overload with that?
"
Sisko1980 wrote:
Hey something I always wondered with Elemental Overload builds is, where do the Critical Strikes to proc it come from? So where do they come from? I think Vortex with COntrolled Destruction shouldn't crit, so is it Cold Snap or Storm Brand and those other skills from the weapon trigger? Just asking out of curiosity and how is the uptime of Elemental Overload with that?

It's all of the secondary skills that proc. in particular we have Storm brand and Orb of Storms that proc whenever we use a skill (with a 4 second cooldown), any skills on CWDT can proc EO, Shield Charge, and yes, Cold Snap will occasionally crit as well.

So...uptime is really good. Basically always up.
Are you leveling with something else or just the same setup? And how good is it for a fresh league?

edit: I have checked your PoB, what is up with those gloves (asenaths gentle)?
And do you maybe have a budget version of the PoB, because at league start atziris reflection and some of the other gear is nearly impossible to obtain.
And why do you have increased duration boots multimodded?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info