[3.9] Gryph's CI Vortex + Coldsnap Trickster || Uber Elder+Everything Else

"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
Runvast wrote:
This is my starter for 3.8, just hit lvl 28 and want to start using vortex with cold snap.

I only have a couple of 3 link items so far and have been using added cold and arcane surge for cold snap, with faster casting and added lightning on stormbrand.

What should I link for cold snap & vortex during the leveling process?

It has been a really fast and fun build so far!

Vortex/Cold Snap - Controlled Destruction - Ele Focus will work just fine.

Add in Efficacy and Hypothermia as they become available

When you get access to Bonechill and a 4L for Cold Snap switch to CS - Efficacy - Hypothermia - Bonechill

Great, thanks!
Is there any ''unwritten'' or ''written'' rule, when to pick node on passive tree ''Zealot's Oath'' ?

Do we need to have certain amount of ES or something before taking that node or we should pick it as soon as possible?
Last edited by Saint_and_Sinner on Sep 8, 2019, 4:24:24 PM
"
Is there any ''unwritten'' or ''written'' rule, when to pick node on passive tree ''Zealot's Oath'' ?

Do we need to have certain amount of ES or something before taking that node or we should pick it as soon as possible?

Are you over there? Do you have any life regen not being utilized?

Take it. :P
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"

Are you over there? Do you have any life regen not being utilized?

Take it. :P

Yes, almost there xD

OK,will take it then!
Is there an alternative to shield charge?
Just tried it out but it feels so bad, I keep hitting stuff stopping and need to have the mouse around the corners to move.
"
Runvast wrote:
Is there an alternative to shield charge?
Just tried it out but it feels so bad, I keep hitting stuff stopping and need to have the mouse around the corners to move.

Don't shield charge when there's a lot of obstacles :D

I shield charge to close distance between me and mobs to proc fortify and for open areas. I also run and flash dash a lot, particularly if there is a lot of stuff/ledges/dungeon type stuff.

Really you want to use a combination of all of them.

Shield charge stopped? Flash dash over it. Flash dash on cooldown? quicksilver of adrenaline and run past it.

To be honest, my quicksilver is up most of the time because it also speeds up shield charge.

Hope this helps a little!
How do you craft a sadist garb with arcane surge support? Loving the build 👍
"
AraCorn wrote:
How do you craft a sadist garb with arcane surge support? Loving the build 👍

Glad you're enjoying it. I would direct you to the gear section, under armour, where it tells you exactly what fossils to use :P

But it's Aetheric for Arcane surge :D

use that with Dense
Took CI, but still can't take EE cuz Trigger a Socketed Spell when you Use a Skill is really hard to get...

Anyone got it or found someone who got that craft?

Also dunno if thats just me or CS usage is clunky. Do I really need to target enemy to procced skill? How to use it just by clicking and not moving? Holding shift and click doesnt work, cuz when I hold shift and click my char just move there...

BTW. Till now build is great, damage is fine even without EE and after switching to CI survivability increased a lot.
Which notables do you think are best as amulet anointments for this build? thanks in advance
Last edited by Cosmito on Sep 11, 2019, 10:23:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info