[3.9] Divine Ire Totems Hierophant. Elder, Shaper, Uber Elder, Sirus!

"
thevdende wrote:
I don't understand why none of the divine ire totems guides mention using inspiration, it's really good. Even on pob, The links should be: totem-di-mulitple totems-faster casting-inspiration-conc effect. Controlled destruction is better than infused channeling, which is only good if you have a 7L (soul mantle) as last link.

Multiple totems support has been mathematically proven to be a DPS decrease if you already have 5 totems for Divine Ire.

The general idea to take away is that "the more totems you have the less powerful that gem becomes." You're also gaining a less multiplier and losing a potential more multiplier which is drastic.

The inspiration gem however is definitely an interesting inclusion and I'll have to look more into that gem. 40% More Multiplier + 50% Crit seems pretty sick.
"
Thank you!

Another prolly silly question: why to use Storm Brand? I don't suppose only to spam curse...

"
Yes, only for the Conductivity curse and to trigger Onslaught (I'm using Blind instead) since you can't deal damage yourself.

Just tried the curse itself and it seems that I can manually cast it on enemies without storm brand. Am I missing something?
Last edited by KubanitoS on Sep 29, 2019, 9:25:02 AM
How does the divine ire totem benefit from the support gem "Infused Chanelling"?The reason im asking is the gem says "Totems Cannot Gain Infusion"..
"
KubanitoS wrote:
Just tried the curse itself and it seems that I can manually cast it on enemies without storm brand. Am I missing something?

The benefit is that it will continuously apply the curse instead of just once and you can link other stuff on it (like Onslaught or Blind for example).

"
LabKiller wrote:
How does the divine ire totem benefit from the support gem "Infused Chanelling"?The reason im asking is the gem says "Totems Cannot Gain Infusion"..

Even without the infusion you still gain the 39% more Spell Damage (lvl 20 gem). In comparison; Controlled Destruction increases Spell Damage by 44% but also reduces your Critical Strike Chance by 100%.
u recommend this and a 5link soul mantle for now and wha colors should i get on a 5link for now
"
RaltSh wrote:
"
thevdende wrote:
I don't understand why none of the divine ire totems guides mention using inspiration, it's really good. Even on pob, The links should be: totem-di-mulitple totems-faster casting-inspiration-conc effect. Controlled destruction is better than infused channeling, which is only good if you have a 7L (soul mantle) as last link.

I'm making a DI totem build, and I just switched to Inspiration on my Jugg which had amazing results but I'm not exactly understanding Inspiration for Heiro. Do you get the inspiration for summoning a totem or does the totem gain inspiration charges?

I was testing inspiration (have Soul with one white socket) and in my opinion it's not worth it. You need to drop some nice gem to make space for it and dmg seems lower.

Actually I've dropped CD and using crit chance instead, toolpit shows a little less dps but I like the idea of having 65% crit chance.

My gems are: DI, Faster casting, Concentrated effect, Infused channeling, Increased Crit Chance and Physical to lightning (Im using it cos my gloves are stat stick for Wise Oak and dosn't have +25% conversion dmg).

Was also testing elemental focus support and gives most dps from all of them, even more then infusion but that "doesn't apply ailmenst" is a problem in blight maps when mob is dense and burn/chill doesn't work then.
Yet Im not sure if with my low fire/cold damage I do any burn/chill at all. Im not using Hatred but Wrath and precision, also blood and sand (going for 100 so perma blind is nice to have). Is the shock also ailment?

There is amazing watcher's with wrath and precision but its around 80ex wrrrr.

What about that
Last edited by anastazjasz on Oct 7, 2019, 6:57:49 PM
"
Dizzy12 wrote:
u recommend this and a 5link soul mantle for now and wha colors should i get on a 5link for now

I don't recommend using a 2-hand weapon as you'll be losing out on quite a bit of DPS from sacrificing the +1 totem on your shield.
Hey I wanna mention, actually Inspiration is better then infusion in terms of toolpit dps (and ofc crit modifires), it just need that 5 stacks to fire up.
Its not much around, few k of dps but if u wanna mix-max thats the way to go (sth like getting gems 21, just an option).
Build was definitely fun, solid league starter also.
+ I've finally got my watcher's (precision + wrath), 3rd mod is 80 ex :) so its a no go, but even 2 modded gave around 20% dmg in that set up.

of these wands what would u continue to craft

How are people dealing with defences in this build? I've just finished the story and bought some resist/life gear + 5 link soul mantle, didn't do eternal lab yet. I'm finding it to be an utter glass cannon - I can melt red map bosses in seconds, but almost anything that hits me kills me. ~3.5k life + 1k ES + 1.2k MOM mana. The reference build in POB doesn't seem to have that much more defence (1k more life and mana, some more MOM %).

This really stifles the clear speed in both maps and delve (I have to advance really slowly, having to wait for the totems to clear everything in front of me). I've never played totems before, but I find it really surprising that this char is incomparably more fragile than my TR pathfinder.

It is spectacular at Blights though.
Last edited by CommanderZ on Oct 5, 2019, 6:21:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info