Queen's Decree, what is it for?

i loved that sword way back in the day (open beta ? cant remember exactly) but getting that extra zombie and spectre was extremely useful for both meat shields and damage
definitely a great asset while leveling

if i would make a summoner now i'd pass on it for a +2 to fire staff Anny time, its stil a great unique and love the idea behind it but it has had its spotlight.
right now there are better options
"
uffert wrote:
i loved that sword way back in the day (open beta ? cant remember exactly) but getting that extra zombie and spectre was extremely useful for both meat shields and damage
definitely a great asset while leveling

if i would make a summoner now i'd pass on it for a +2 to fire staff Anny time, its stil a great unique and love the idea behind it but it has had its spotlight.
right now there are better options

It serves a good purpose as lvling unique , like there is many others of such kind.
looks like a really good sword for an elemental reave build if you ask me
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
"
crystalwitch wrote:
"
Deathawaitsuu wrote:
"
ac429 wrote:
Hi, I'm happy to see so much discussion about the Queen's Decree. =)

I'll mention one thing I was thinking about while designing this item. The sword gives you a chance to have a second 5L or 6L, but with mostly non-blue sockets. This was designed to encourage you to make creative gem combinations. I personally use this:

cheers! =)

Why on earth would you make a double handed sword with stats that might be perfect for a Death Knight but have such low damage on it??? Why not just make it a staff and be done with it?? A two handed sword is meant to see battle up close fighting along with all my minion skeletons!!! ffs....

People in this thread have already talked about ceremonial weapons such as a sword of state which act as part of a ruler's regalia rather than a weapon of combat.

Ceremonial weapons really have no place in rpg's unless they are actually a "weapon" lol. and i believe they already agreed on what mechanics a weapon should have according to its type. A wand is not sharp so it does no damage if you hit someone with it. a sword on the other hand will cut them in half. ceremonial weapons in the modern age are only for looks but in a tribal setting ceremonial weapons were intended to be weapons (depending on what it was eg. wand, staff, sword). then you can talk about whatever magical properties it has. that's logical order of thinking.
Did I hear logic in video games?

It's a sword, it makes undead things stronger. Go use it, then swap it out for a Midnight Bargain when you can use that, instead. That's a better logical order of thinking.
"
XCodesLIVE wrote:
Did I hear logic in video games?

It's a sword, it makes undead things stronger. Go use it, then swap it out for a Midnight Bargain when you can use that, instead. That's a better logical order of thinking.

i am sorry but just saying that sentence does not make it a very good counter argument for why it doesn't have good physical damage on it.
Last edited by Deathawaitsuu on Dec 25, 2015, 3:37:30 PM
"
Deathawaitsuu wrote:
i am sorry but just saying that sentence does not make it a very good counter argument for why it doesn't have good physical damage on it.

Why not? Gravity exists in the real world. You can argue that gravity doesn't make sense, and probably even make a pretty good argument, but that doesn't invalidate gravity. Queen's Decree is a sword that doesn't do a lot of damage -- and that's a law of Path of Exile.
"
XCodesLIVE wrote:
"
Deathawaitsuu wrote:

Why not? Gravity exists in the real world. You can argue that gravity doesn't make sense, and probably even make a pretty good argument, but that doesn't invalidate gravity. Queen's Decree is a sword that doesn't do a lot of damage -- and that's a law of Path of Exile.

where in the heck did gravity come into the conversation?? hahaha lmfao we are talking about a weapon (A GIANT TWO HANDED SWORD) in an action rpg game that does no damage! lol logically in my opinion that makes absolutely no sense!! so if that is a law in POE it definitely does not belong there... lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info