Queen's Decree, what is it for?

Sorry to bump such an old thread. But I do see people running around with this weapon every now and then, so in my eyes the unique serves it purpose in offering a viable yet different build.
It's cool to hear the story behind this unique and that there is one. :)
IGN: Scordalia_
"
ac429 wrote:
"
onefinemess wrote:

I've been trying to find a use for it :(.

I get what you're saying about the extra 6l but my highest (summoner witch) is 73 and I don't even have a 5L for her yet. It seems a bit odd to have a weapon with such low level stats designed around high level slotting?

I guess it helps me if I think about it like a two handed wand (except that it lacks spell damage) on my dual curse summoner: I'm not going to attack with the wand, so damage doesn't matter - I'm just using it for the mods. I guess from that perspective I get the design. The balance trade off is loss of a shield, just like Bargain's is the 30% life.

For me though, the loss of a shield is huge, and thus the bonuses should be bigger. +2 to each minion type, or maybe a special stat like +20-30% minion resist (especially given that we can't use aegis) would have made it compelling enough to make the choice more interesting, imho.

That's a good point. The thing is, this item is fairly old, so it's become rather dated. I mean, back when it was being designed, the skill tree was wildly different. You'd have to see an old youtube video to see it, but it was based on a skill tree where it was much easier to cross the center, and the center was just a cluster of +30 attributes (making the attributes requirements easier to fill). Back then, the highest level area was like level 57 and we didn't have maps, yet. So, the item wasn't really designed with level 68 zones or level 72 maps in mind. Necromantic Aegis did exist back then though, so the intent to force a decision between the two was certainly there.

I guess this item isn't much more than a lore piece now, haha. =)

Crazy, I didn't realize the item creator had replied to my post (we need some kind of reply notifier...)! I only found this when I was clicking on the item creator links at random on the wiki.

Your explanation makes perfect sense. I'm still sad that there's not much use for this item! I'm working on a dominating blow shadow (just hit 40 and was finally able to equip my Chober last night) and I forced myself to use Queen's for 10 levels or so. The extra pets were nice but the damage was so bad in comparison to some of the random rares that I had sitting around that I eventually abandoned it for said random rares. Running a random yellow with decent +dmg% and no pets was more efficient than running Queens with all pets out. It just sits in a really weird place right now.

Of course - this is just for this particular build. I'm going to try it again if I ever do another summoner start casting witch (this build doesn't pick up the minion nodes till 50+). Hopefully by that point I'll be able to afford or make a 5L.

I wonder/hope the devs will go back over the old school uniques someday and just tweak them a little for the current gamespace. Heck, even just added some phys damage to this one would make it more useful on one axis and make it more useful outside of the niche I haven't experienced yet.
i'we been using it on both my summoners. Now i finally got one itemlevel 70, my last one was 36 or so, unable to get past 4 sockets.
wish me luck 6 sockets and 5 links plz
-Rott
IGN=ElitePhanteon
I know to "necro" an old thread is generally considered a no-no, but I DO play a summoner..soo..

I didn't know this Unique was created by a player! Super cool, it's my main wep on my summoner and I'll be using it into endgame for my MI focused build. It's not exactly what I was hoping for stat wise in terms of requirements, and I'll be having difficulty I think trying to get BBBBRR eventually, but now I can understand the reasoning behind the way it is and what you had in mind at that time of the game. Thanks for making this item, it's being appreciated!
Last edited by Halogai on Oct 26, 2013, 2:04:35 PM
2nd that, love the Queen's Decree so much that I have two

First one dropped naturally, second one I picked up off some dumb schlub for 1 chaos.

What makes him a dumb schlub is the dual 15% roll on minion life and health and max 185% skeleton duration roll.

Protip: Ceremonial swords aren't for hitting things. This is for a build that involves a lady not getting her hands dirty at all. Midnight bargain? Forget that, I'll keep my health.
Ah remember this thread, anyway now that a lot of time has passed and things have evolved a bit, I think it'd be interesting to maybe add an upgrade to the weapon. Similar to The Goddess Bound becoming the Goddess Scorned, Queen's Decree would be updated to a higher level and stronger version. More importantly I think the skeleton aspect should be the focus of the new unique. Currently Summoners are mostly about Spectres and Zombies, you either 6L your spectres with Bones of Ullr and use Act3 OP spectres to melt everything, or you use Zombies with Montregul for the stronger zombies then swap and use Bringer of Rain zombies for 7supports damaging zombies that wreck everything(and still decent spectres). But no one really uses Skeletons other than as cannon fodder, usually in a totem but also sometimes manually placed to block projectiles or box mobs, and mostly only while leveling.

I kinda like the Queen's Decree skeleton duration but I think it'd be nice if there was more to it. Like Minion speed +200%, Minion Health +100%, Minion Attack Speed +100%, Skeleton Life duration +250%, When a skeleton dies, 50% chance a new Skeleton is spawned, +6 max Skeletons. And then a downside, obviously, Cannot summon any minions other than skeletons. Might need tweaks and what not but you get the idea, making Queen's Decree upgrade into a weapon that opens a completely new summoner playstyle relying on a horde of skeletons. The playstyle would be quite a bit different since it relies on fairly squishy minions(even with 100% health they'd still die in 2hits from pretty much anything) that have low base damage but fast attack speed and in very large numbers, meaning flat damage like Anger/Wrath and Added Cold/Lightning/Chaos would be the kind of thing you'd be looking for. Also assuming the damage would be bumped a bit, it could also become viable to use attacks to complement your set.

Anyway, it's a kinda cool unique too bad the biggest point of the weapon is the fact it can 6L and give you one more spectre, vs skeleton stuff, in my opinion. Still better than Crown of Thorns by a lot though ^^.
Ah ze old threat. Yes it would be amazin if they gave this sword new life. I like the suggestion of a special summoner build. Like strong skelets, or maybe if they fix the animated weapon that could be in focus.
i've used over a 100 chroms on my 5L now. and the only colours i get are green and red. harldy ever get a blue socket in it. and i need 5 of em :(.
is it even possible to get 5 blue sockets on this one???
had 5 red and 5green multiple times....
Im having trouble myself, i just cant get this thing to 6 sockets, never mind the colour ...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info