[3.9 Video Guide] Vortex Cold Snap DoT [HC/SC/Uber Elder/Shaper viable]

Am level 70 with endgame gear but I'm having mana problems, I cast one vortex and don't have the mana to cast another :(

Here's my PoB: https://pastebin.com/eAL7LBWY. I will get damage/mana regen just leveling up?

Edit: Leveled up a bit and got some better equips, a watchers eye and a jewel, still think I'm lacking some defenses (7.7k ES), any idea how to improve?

Last edited by Pud1MxD on Oct 26, 2019, 3:24:36 PM
"
Pud1MxD wrote:
Am level 70 with endgame gear but I'm having mana problems, I cast one vortex and don't have the mana to cast another :(

Here's my PoB: https://pastebin.com/eAL7LBWY. I will get damage/mana regen just leveling up?

Edit: Leveled up a bit and got some better equips, a watchers eye and a jewel, still think I'm lacking some defenses (7.7k ES), any idea how to improve?



In my opinion get rid of offensive skill points like Heart of Ice, all the spell damage nodes in your left starting area leading up to frost walker, unnatural calm. Get a Tranquility enchant on your neck to turn all of the defensive gains into offense. I'm at 12k ES and my gear is not that great.

I modeled my endgame build after UberDan, he's arguably the best player in POE. My toon is already level 99 in under 2 weeks using his build and it's not that old.

https://poe.ninja/challengehc/builds/char/PoEDan79/DanThatWasMyFault?i=2
Hey,

Looking for an advice on build mechanics. Since this is a DoT build you need time to get rid of the enemy. How to survive against bosses with channeling damage in close space? Like Aul for example?
"
iSoldier wrote:
Hey,

Looking for an advice on build mechanics. Since this is a DoT build you need time to get rid of the enemy. How to survive against bosses with channeling damage in close space? Like Aul for example?

Vortex cast is instant, which means you can run and use it without needing time to cast. Any boss fight you'd usually just spam Vortex and run around dodging the mechanics. The time you need to kill(or phase) a boss isn't that long, Vortex applies the damage quite fast and you can stack several on top of each other(which means you even can occasionally frontload damage similar to a miner/trapper).
Haven't played Aul yet(never found him), but the fight looks pretty mechanical, you'd just run in circles for a minute or two and be done with it...
"
Cyrkules wrote:
"
Pud1MxD wrote:
Am level 70 with endgame gear but I'm having mana problems, I cast one vortex and don't have the mana to cast another :(

Here's my PoB: https://pastebin.com/eAL7LBWY. I will get damage/mana regen just leveling up?

Edit: Leveled up a bit and got some better equips, a watchers eye and a jewel, still think I'm lacking some defenses (7.7k ES), any idea how to improve?



In my opinion get rid of offensive skill points like Heart of Ice, all the spell damage nodes in your left starting area leading up to frost walker, unnatural calm. Get a Tranquility enchant on your neck to turn all of the defensive gains into offense. I'm at 12k ES and my gear is not that great.

I modeled my endgame build after UberDan, he's arguably the best player in POE. My toon is already level 99 in under 2 weeks using his build and it's not that old.

https://poe.ninja/challengehc/builds/char/PoEDan79/DanThatWasMyFault?i=2



but how do you sustain mana? I leveled with atziris foible so I didn't notice it but now its not even enough to do a cold snap and vortex back to back.
Bro, take eldritch battery on the tree
"

but how do you sustain mana? I leveled with atziris foible so I didn't notice it but now its not even enough to do a cold snap and vortex back to back.


64 mana regen per second and 146 mana. If you want some buffer get an enlighten gem level 4. There were times when I had to take increased maximum mana passives to cast my spells with enlighten level 3.
Ι Ηave the exact same items, some with higher stats some lower, kinda lower weapon aswell, I can't even touch your energy shield. Not even funny and this build is VERY tricky but once you master it it's amazing actually.
Have a question for Ghazzy or anyone really...I'm comparing this to some Trickster vortex builds in prep for league start 3.9. I see we're spending 7 passives to grab Hex Master and Skittering Runes, but then we only run temp chains...and even that only if you've got the required unique. No other curses. Is there a reason or could we maybe spend those points to start reaching for Resourcefulness -> Entropy -> Void Barrier? If we had 7+ points to reclaim, is there a different direction to go rather than deeper into the Shadow tree?

Much appreciation in advance!




"
MalaikatMaut wrote:
Have a question for Ghazzy or anyone really...I'm comparing this to some Trickster vortex builds in prep for league start 3.9. I see we're spending 7 passives to grab Hex Master and Skittering Runes, but then we only run temp chains...and even that only if you've got the required unique. No other curses. Is there a reason or could we maybe spend those points to start reaching for Resourcefulness -> Entropy -> Void Barrier? If we had 7+ points to reclaim, is there a different direction to go rather than deeper into the Shadow tree?

Much appreciation in advance!





Void Barrier is at least 5 passives away for a mere 20% ES(4% ES/passive) with nothing else in that area either - not worth getting, rather fill out the ES wheel above the Scion start or something...
Ressourcefulness is a little better, a matter of preference really: 2 passives for 10% ES and some all resists, if you need to fix some defenses, but I wouldn't necessarily grab it.
Entropy is very good, but (considering the cost to get it) there are a couple damage nodes, that are slightly better(at least according to my PoB) and fairly easy to get with small tweaks to the tree like Snowforged, Elemental Focus, Prodigal Perfection or Ash, Frost and Storm.

Although I certainly agree that the curse investment is a bit too heavy for just one curse

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info