[3.12 Video Guide] Vortex Cold Snap DoT [HC/SC/Uber Elder/Shaper viable]

Build still op, did everything deathless but I changed some nodes and added oil enchant on amulet.

PS. any upgrade ideas?
Last edited by imatty on Sep 23, 2019, 8:14:56 PM
What changes did you make? And what oil upgrade?

I'm 91 in HC and about to attempt Shaper/Uber Elder and curious what other people changed.
Yeah, build is pretty op.
I changed some passive nodes and took the Intelligence node below Unnatural Calm wheel, which allowed me to remove the 2 nodes to its left. Furthermore I took the Intelligence node left of Wicked Ward and could remove some nodes on the top as well.
Since I don't use a curse(the build is incredibly cheap then with Aegis Aurora as only unique), I removed all those nodes as well and went for same damage in the Templar area.
"
BrockSamsonV wrote:
What changes did you make? And what oil upgrade?

I'm 91 in HC and about to attempt Shaper/Uber Elder and curious what other people changed.

You can check my profile, character name is __Matty.
Thanks! I didn't know about Tranquility, I'm going to use that.

Not that you asked but I think you could save a skill point by adding on the +10 Int node just right of Elemental Overload and removing the 2 Int nodes up above.

"
BrockSamsonV wrote:
Thanks! I didn't know about Tranquility, I'm going to use that.

Not that you asked but I think you could save a skill point by adding on the +10 Int node just right of Elemental Overload and removing the 2 Int nodes up above.

Ure right. Thank you!
"
Ghazzy wrote:
Other styles of higher budget would include the bestiary Spider craft allowing that to be used which will require mana reservation tricks from the tree and/or specific items crafted or unique or even higher lvl Enlighten to allow for that approach, this not only increases the defensive layers a bit but also increases your damage dealt significantly.

k have an unset ring with +3 socket and aspect of the spider, what's the trick for have it up?

E4 only? or i must to put malevolance+discipline in the save linked slot and change some nodes? usefull to Allocates Charisma on amulet?

Last edited by Beskaius on Oct 11, 2019, 3:38:32 AM

have an idea to go for presence of chayula + shavronne wrap
for put of CI and take clarity, i see many of that on poeninja, any guide for that?

Uber Elder down, level 85, on a 2ex+(200c=1ex) budget. Not deathless but all the same, increadibly op build.
Ghazzy, thanks for the guide. This is the second guide I've used of yours (last season, my first season, ED/Contagion).

My Occultist is a week old (twinked hard) safely delving at 600.

A few things I'd recommend to other people using this spec for endgame that I feel are the biggest upgrades are the following.

1) Lethal Pride Jewel (Kiloava) placed in the jewel slot near CI. I have CI allocated but it's overwritten by this jewel and I reserve my life to get up more curses and auras. This is another version, but makes me feel a lot more tanky with blocks in deep delve. It's probably better to have CI in other situations like spider bosses, and you could always just remove the jewel for CI.

2) The Vigil Crimson Jewel + Vigilant Strike/Fortify/Ancestral Call link on my offhand. Fortify is an insanely powerful buff and swapping to offhand and performing a Viligant strike (an awful skill gem on a witch by itself) gives you a fortify buff for 40 seconds. It's a massive buff in deep delves and will save your life. It's not good for money though as it will limit your gem selling capabilities.

3) A shaped (preferably Titanium Spirit Shield) with "Recover x% of Energy Shield when you Block". This is an insane affix and I recommend chasing one of these ASAP. I wouldn't buy one of these with anything less than 250 energy shield. I crafted my own. Just buy a shaped Titanium Spirit shield, quality it with Perfect Fossil (28% +) then use Frigid Fossil + Dense Fossil until you hit this mod plus some decent energy shield. I recommend getting a base 83 or higher, 86 for max energy shield potential (will cost 1-1.3 ex).
Last edited by Cyrkules on Oct 21, 2019, 5:53:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info