[3.6] Chaos Popcorn Trickster (23.6m Shaper DPS with current gear)

"
streej wrote:
Trying EK now, really like this skill, bud boss damage still looks bad, maybe wrong gem set up?
For map: EK-unleash-ESleech-PtL-CtF-chain
For boss: EK-unleash/echo-Ele focus-PtL-CtF-Pierce. Can't really use slow proj, because i'll be like face to face with boss.

Any suggestions? Help much appreciated. I saw OP said that he got 7 mil dps with EK, i'd really like to know how )

Gear

Use EK>Hypothermia>Spell echo>Controlled destruction>Phys to light>Energy leech for bosses. If you have white sockets, use elemental focus instead of hypothermia, depending on your gear, cold to fire might be worth considering.

I should also mention that to get the most valaue of out EK you have to convert the other 50% phys part, i use a wrath conversion watcher's eye.
Last edited by Karriane on Mar 29, 2019, 6:25:27 AM
So about that PoB...
Curious to know how you equip a 3th aura..

Anyway, asuming normal 100% reserved mana as a default Exile, Wrath+Hatred will give the most dps.
That sets your total PoB DPS to just over 5mil.
But if you drop your all shaper item bonus by equiping a Diadem, drop EB from tree (obviously) and use those points on Sovereighnty and put all aura's (Zealotry included) in the helm with a lvl 3 Enlighten your dps ends up just under 5mil. So basically barrerly noticable.

By breaking up the all shaper bonus as shown above you no longer need to have Shaper rings or a shaper amulet(15% ele as extra chaos lost this way) but can instead just put on an elder amy with non-chaos as extra chaos (13%) and save yourself around 40ex for almost no change in ps as your original PoB.

You can also drop your Shaper gloves for Command of the Pit to get Arcane surge that way (without having to buy a very expensive Watcher's eye).

Basically with all the above changes I have your PoB dealing 6mil dps and 6.7mil with Despair active.
With Shaped rings your PoB dps ends up at 7.2mil
and 26,706,849 burst dps (using tool)

https://pastebin.com/dzR02CmD @ your current level
https://pastebin.com/gUySgiWC @ level 96, ending at 28,785,452 dps

You can also replace your daggers for Scepters, if you go for Void Scepter's your PoB dps sits at 8.5mil and your Burst sheet dps sits at 30,911,298.

To conclude, Eternity Shroud's All Shaper stat is a trap, and you can achieve the same if not more by ignoring it, by doing so, you also save yourself a shitton of currency.
Now if only Diadem could be chanced :D.. but sadly it cannot.

Last edited by Meive on Mar 29, 2019, 8:51:37 AM
So first off, I’d agree with you that full shaper items is unnecessary, but I think you need a pretty good reason to drop items and swapping an ~8 ex watchers for command of the pit, for example, won’t really be a budgetary improvement. Diadem might be more damage in the end but that’s losing pretty important hp/resists, in addition to making it extremely hard to get the storm burst enchant which is a unique multiplier for damage. Also, if you keep the helm and swap to hatred, the loss of zealotry makes bottled faith very sketchy as it’s a lot harder to place consecrated ground under the enemy (which is additive cc as well).

On weapons, I’ve discussed sceptres with clan (and started out using them) and find whirling blades too appealing to not use it. Damage is high enough as is that I wanted to focus in more on mobility.

You can swap the amulet and it might be more damage, but a big thing to note is that phys to lightning on amulet is a really good dps stat on it’s own with conversion and stacking abuse (keep in mind the elder amulet has to deal with the 5% ele as chaos right away ignoring other stats on the amulet). And shaped cotb should always be bis because they’re mandatory conversion anyway. Basically, when I’ve shaped all my other gear, the last piece is the amulet, and I’m comparing ignoring chaos resist, 5 ele as chaos, and whatever shaped dps stats I can get with elder, where phys as fire is the worst added as, non chaos as chaos is better but additive with all my other ele as chaos.. it gets pretty close. It probably looks a lot better when you switch several things around at once but I don’t think with my pob the elder amulet wins. I’d have to check when I get home though and will update accordingly if I’m wrong on this

Oh and I don’t believe I had a third aura ticked on? Definitely shouldn’t, maybe all the different wraths I was leveling are appearing but there shouldn’t be any others.
ign - Zilead
Last edited by Nicol on Mar 29, 2019, 11:22:00 AM
"
streej wrote:
Trying EK now, really like this skill, bud boss damage still looks bad, maybe wrong gem set up?
For map: EK-unleash-ESleech-PtL-CtF-chain
For boss: EK-unleash/echo-Ele focus-PtL-CtF-Pierce. Can't really use slow proj, because i'll be like face to face with boss.

Any suggestions? Help much appreciated. I saw OP said that he got 7 mil dps with EK, i'd really like to know how )

Gear

I haven’t tried ek, but you aren’t fully converting your phys to lightning, so instead of doing 198% extra as chaos, you’re only getting 99% extra damage as chaos. You can check this by looking at damage distribution in pob, it should be roughly 2/3 chaos dmg before factoring in wither and everything if you include all the conversion
ign - Zilead
If i can't afford 2 Shaped Call of the Brotherhoods should i buy 2 normal Shaped Rings to get the Penetration?
"
tsunamikun wrote:
The build is nice, but DI would be a lot stronger i would think. Kudos for the idea through

You can literally swap out Storm Burst to Divine Ire while mapping.
The gem link/ gears are almost exactly the same....
"
If i can't afford 2 Shaped Call of the Brotherhoods should i buy 2 normal Shaped Rings to get the Penetration?

you need 2 call of the brotherhood, just run regular ones and lose the small amount of damage. If you lose that conversion shroud provides far less chaos damage.
ign - Zilead
"
Nicol wrote:
"

you need 2 call of the brotherhood, just run regular ones and lose the small amount of damage. If you lose that conversion shroud provides far less chaos damage.

Alright thanks.
can we have the progress of the tree?
"
judoka_xx wrote:
can we have the progress of the tree?

Tree is basically exactly the same, only thing I'd consider is pathing down to unnatural instinct socket for scion
ign - Zilead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info