(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

Just wanted to say I did my first Shaper with your build, filthy casual that I am xD
Thanks for the awesome guide!
Would a +1 to aoe gems/increased aoe craft be worthwhile on a clarity/malevolence/flesh/enlighten setup?
"
Would a +1 to aoe gems/increased aoe craft be worthwhile on a clarity/malevolence/flesh/enlighten setup?
If you go for -9 chaos res hubris, that could make sense if you have open prefix (you might not, as you want both ES and life rolls on it). If you use Vertex, it already has +1 to gems which also includes enlighten, so you'd always put auras in there and not let's say in gloves.
"

There's only 2 reasons I'd run a yellow over Vertex: I can't find one with a 100% Dash enchant, or I want to invest in a synth base. Otherwise I'd recommend vertex anyway.
Wish to start new league with this build, i played this just for a week in Delirium and killed A5 Sirus and reached lvl 93, things that i never did before in 3 months of league, died less than 30 times too (i'm a noob yet). Thanks for your guide, hope Toxic Rain doesn't get nerfed :/

My Gear
Spoiler

My gloves were just a pair of hp + attack speed till i vaaled them

Last edited by dark_la99 on Jun 15, 2020, 10:28:56 PM
"
dark_la99 wrote:
Wish to start new league with this build, i played this just for a week in Delirium and killed A5 Sirus and reached lvl 93, things that i never did before in 3 months of league, died less than 30 times too (i'm a noob yet). Thanks for your guide, hope Toxic Rain doesn't get nerfed :/

My Gear
Spoiler

My gloves were just a pair of hp + attack speed till i vaaled them

Toxic Rain will be fine, I'd be really surprised if they touched it. I'll look at updating the guide sometime tomorrow.
"
dark_la99 wrote:
hope Toxic Rain doesn't get nerfed :/
It shouldn't really, worst case they'll nerf some overbudget / strong cluster nodes like eternal suffering / wicked pall because these seem a bit overbudget when compared to other notables both on the base tree and other cluster ones.

There's no reason to nerf toxic rain when things like volatile dead were crapping on every content (not mentioning herald stackers, archmage brands, slower projectiles + ball lightning and impale stacking because all of these already got targeted for nerfs in the manifesto).
Last edited by Viktranka on Jun 16, 2020, 6:19:52 AM
Ill be playing this build again for harvest. Im going to league start with it this time. I didnt get to push till very end game because i got bored of delerium. I went through 3 characters before playing this one last league, and i love this one. So hopefully if i concentrate on this from the start, ill get to sirus 8.
Thank you very much for this guide!

This is a really good SSF build because no rare unique item is needed, defense and offense are both good.
In the Delirium league of the recommended unique items I only owned the Atziri boots (and only a 5 link bow), and still I was able to kill all the guardian bosses, Sirus, Shaper and Elder.

I will play this build again in the Harvest league. Just don't kick Elreon from the immortal syndicate, you need the -mana cost of skills on your rings and amulet.
I'll run some more numbers but I don't think too much has changed. The top end POB damage is going to be lower, but I really don't think anything beyond 2s+ duration was that reliable in the first place. The build is still fine, however cluster jewels are way less valuable and the nodes we're interested in have changed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info