(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

"
Rathke wrote:
That's absurd, there's no question whatsoever that one or even two sets of cluster jewels will do the build a lot of good. And the good news is, we don't even need something very specific (played bv poison assasin for league start in Delirium, that was quite heavier in required notables)

For your typical cluster set you are looking at 1 8-point large chaos damage ilvl 75+, 2 4-or 5-point chaos dot multi medium jewels, and 2 small jewels (you got more leeway here regarding what to choose, life, ES, dodge, chaos res...)

Large

Your 8 point large cluster ilvl 75 is fundamental to get the chain going. Ilvl 75 means it can roll 2 jewel socket, which is mandatory. Thats a suffix, we got two choices here:
Alt spamming for two notables and then regal hoping for 2 jewel sockets, or chaos spam hoping for 3 notables (2 prefix 1 suffix) and two sockets.
Either way, you are looking for:
Prefix:
Wicked pall (chaos dmg and skill duration) or unwaveringly evil (stun res) should be first choice, touch of cruelty (hinder enemies) being a viable option too if you are looking to hit two with chaos spam
Suffix:
This is what may make rolling this jewel expensive. The easy option is unholy grace: chaos dmg and attack speed, great for us, but a much harder to roll choice is unspeakable gifts, granting you 10% chance to make mobs explode. Now I'm not sure how good that is for TR, and it's much, much harder to roll.
2 suffix will always be 2 jewels, has a really high weight, so it's not hard to roll tho

medium
For mediums you should use 4-5 point +5% chaos dot multi, here you are looking at hitting 2 notables (both prefixes) + 1 jewel socket (again, chaos spamming or alt+regaling)
There are more viable options, but also make it harder to get exactly what you want.
I haven't done the math (it probably depends on your gear too) whether or not it's better to aim for a lot of dot multi or inc chaos dmg with skill effect, but basically you got: brush with death and exposure therapy (10% dot multi) vs wicked pall (inc chaos dmg and skill duration) vs eternal suffering (5% dot multi and skill duration) for prefixes, and jewel socket as your suffix (there are no notables in suffixes, so just aim to get the jewel socket. You might get some stats/life as a 2nd suffix if you are chaos spamming but shouldn't be a priority)

small
Like I said, there is a lot of good options here, and the notable can even add some more dmg with life or ES jewels. In this case, imo your best bet is to chaos spam it to get some nice bonus res/stats/life.
Only extra advice, don't overlook the chaos res small jewel, it's a great way to cap chaos res for 2-3 points.

So I went and checked, and it was more or less what I assumed. The problem I have with cluster jewels is that the only way to get good damage from them is skill effect duration, which looks really nice in PoB, but is a bit less useful in actual gameplay. I went and used an old character to test out some cluster jewels; here's the stats.

Baseline
4.6m DPS
4.6m DPS after two seconds
3916 HP
2600 ES

1 Cluster Setup (1 Large, 2 Med, 2 Small)
7.3m DPS
5m DPS after two seconds
4475 HP
2233 ES

2 Cluster Setup (Meme status)
10.7m DPS
5.5m DPS after two seconds
4214 HP
2136 ES

We've always had the option of stacking more skill effect duration for more damage, however, cluster jewels do allow us to stack more efficiently. Still, you won't notice a difference for mapping or bosses that move frequently (Sirus). You'll probably also need to look at swapping the CDOTMulti mod on watcher's eye to -max cost clarity, but that's a relatively minor DPS loss (~7-10% depending on gear). I also personally prefer having more ES, so I'd likely move things around. 2500 ES is where I'd feel comfortable at end-game, and this character is in very good gear.

This wasn't a super robust look at clusters, so I'm sure some small optimizations can be made regarding the rest of the build, but I did give them a pass-over and changed some gem links, pathing, etc. If you're interested in what the jewels had on them, I'll paste them below. I also didn't play much this league, so I have no idea if they're expensive or not.

P.S. If you don't have the entire set up (1 Large 2 Medium, 2 Small), or just substantially weaker jewels in general, I wouldn't recommend considering this.
Large Cluster Jewel

Adds 8 Passive Skills
Added Small Passive Skills grant: 12% increased Chaos Damage
1 Added Passive Skill is Unholy Grace
1 Added Passive Skill is Unwaveringly Evil
1 Added Passive Skill is Wicked Pall
2 Added Passive Skills are Jewel Sockets

Medium Cluster Jewel

Adds 4 Passive Skills
Added Small Passive Skills grant: +5% to Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier
1 Added Passive Skill is Eternal Suffering
1 Added Passive Skill is Wicked Pall
1 Added Passive Skill is a Jewel Socket

Small Cluster Jewel

{crafted}Adds 3 Passive Skills
{crafted}Added Small Passive Skills grant: 4% increased maximum Life
Added Small Passive Skills also grant: +8% to Chaos Resistance
Added Small Passive Skills also grant: +9 to Maximum Life
1 Added Passive Skill is Sublime Sensation
Last edited by typicaldemon on Jun 10, 2020, 12:36:02 PM
Heading standart to try things out with this build
Hi !
I played this build in 3.9 metamorph and loved it. In 3.10 i didn't try it because i played it the league before, but no build was as complete as this one (Could do blight maps, bosses, sirus A6, etc etc)

I plan on starting with this in 3.11 and maybe just play this char.

My question is : Lets say i find the right clusters (large, 2med, 2small) in 3.11, what part of the tree i can change, replace ?

I am not a pro at PoB and moving things around so just a tip would be great. I am bored with delirium so i guess i'll start playing around with the PoB :D

cheers guys have fun !!!!
"
DrillahKillah wrote:
My question is : Lets say i find the right clusters (large, 2med, 2small) in 3.11, what part of the tree i can change, replace ?

I am not a pro at PoB and moving things around so just a tip would be great. I am bored with delirium so i guess i'll start playing around with the PoB :D
I'd cut anything going towards Scion or Witch area.

The "core" of the build going from Atrophy on top towards Acro / Phase Acro and Herbalism on the bottom I'd keep, it's the most efficient part of the tree, close to your starting area and full of both chaos and life nodes.

The cluster should easily fit on the socket above Acro.

P.S. We have to wait for the new tree to see what exactly they added where, but it might be a good idea to go towards ranger area and the "Wind Dancer" keystone they're putting in it from the timeless jewels, there are some damage over time and attack speed nodes there too.

Scion area was useful when it was the only source of increased effect duration, but why spend 3 points for 45% increased + the travel when you can slot a medium cluster that gives 55% increased and 35% chaos damage and 5% multiplier. It's close to unfair how much cluster notables are beating Potency of Will / Exceptional Performance.
Last edited by Viktranka on Jun 11, 2020, 9:33:00 AM
I know that this is asked a lot, but I would appreciate your help. Now that i crafted my bow what should i focus on upgrading next?
My current gear:

My POB:
https://pastebin.com/dMHSHdkZ
@ovidiumt

- amulet
- gloves
- get rings with 2 resist suffixes so you aren't so tied to resists on other slots
- rank 4 empower and awakened gems
- quality your boots and your flasks also saturated is a really bad idea as a prefix for life flask (builds with small life pools want faster / instant recovery not slower recovery for bigger amount, that you can afford if your life pool is massive so you won't die in 1-2 seconds if things go south)
- get life on your rare jewels in addition to attack speed / damage mods
Thanks for great guide, appreciate it.

Could I please get some feedback on progression, example:

Can I do early confortable red maps day 2 in new league with ~50C investment?
Can I do comfortable shaper day 3 with ~2 ex investment?

Thanks!
"
BeastCC wrote:
Thanks for great guide, appreciate it.

Could I please get some feedback on progression, example:

Can I do early confortable red maps day 2 in new league with ~50C investment?
Can I do comfortable shaper day 3 with ~2 ex investment?

Thanks!

Yes to both, easily; I do it every league.
How do you guys handle not having the -mana craft early on?

Buy Temple rings in trade?
@Ashgoz

Temple rings are an option, except that:
- praxis
- thief's torment
- enduring mana flask
- vaal clarity as a backup for bossing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info