(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

"
Viktranka wrote:

If you can stand and spam toxic rain it has decent single target, if you find it lacking that could be an issue of not maxed gem levels, low attack speed, mana issues, low skill duration modifier or low amount of increased aoe. Also not using wither totem or reliable source of despair.

got it.

what about using herald of agony on that 6L?

Also, isn't aspect spider >> flesh and stone?
"
thalesfc wrote:
what about using herald of agony on that 6L?
Toxic rain isn't poison, it's chaos dot like essence drain. So nope, you wouldn't get much out of herald, and on a 6-link it basically reserves your whole mana (each support increases the reservation) so you'd basically have to play a minion build with you being a virulence stacker for your pet, probably better done with rain of arrows + poison support and then it's a complete different build.

"
thalesfc wrote:
Also, isn't aspect spider >> flesh and stone?
Well... Both are good. Aspect is a small damage increase and a slow on mobs, and flesh&stone is blind + damage reduction on you from ranged. So one is a bit of damage and weaker defensive, the other one is a stronger defensive. So it depends do you feel you're dying too much and need extra layer of defense or no.
Hi again! I'm back from a short break - technical issues. I appreciate the reply I got from both of you! Improved my build because of you two @Yunalescaaa @Viktranka!!! (page 218) I need help going forward to clear even harder contents of the game - I now have 17 ex to spend to improve this build that I'm enjoying
"
Yunalescaaa wrote:
First of all, you should get 20% quality gems for you lvl 20 skills (especillay for your lvl 20 bow gems). You can sell 1 lvl 20 gem + 1 gemcutter prism to a npc to have a lvl 1 20% quality gem)

You can buy an Empower gem (lvl 1 is not really expensive) for you 6L toxic rain, and replace damage on full life or efficacy by it.

If you got somme oils, craft a allocates corruption on your talisman (2 black oil + 1 crimson oil)

As soon as you have enough currency to craft your bow, do it it will be your higher dps upgrade.

You can try to use cluster jewels, when you reach lvl 92 or around I think. For a good cluster build idea, you can look at the build of Hedrock01 (page 198 of this thread). I use his clusters build since 3 weeks and it's nice (at first focus on large and medium cluster, then on small and unic).
If you want to look at mine : https://pastebin.com/xrnNtRNX

I followed your advice:
-lvl 21 toxic rain (20% quality)
-still on the progress of leveling Empower gem
-anointment
-crafted my bow
-I tried out cluster jewel (work-in-progress) - using your tree (at least partially) since Hendrock's pastebin is dead by the time I got back to the game

I feel like I did something wrong PoB shows lower dps when I transitioned to this cluster jewels and my ehp got lower

"
Viktranka wrote:
My suggestion would be buy rank3 corrupted empower which is usually very cheap, and then if you want to level your own, buy lvl 1 uncorrupted one and level that in weapon swap. Slotting rank 1 empower in your main link is gonna take a lot of time to level meanwhile you'll be losing dps.

I'd probably also use swift affliction over damage on full life / efficacy, it's easier to counter the reduced skill duration nowadays esp. with clusters, meanwhile it provides better damage increase up front.

Damage on full life is good on paper but any person that says they die a lot and feel squishy probably doesn't get much benefit out of it.

Also you shouldn't ditch wither totem, you should always use it for bosses. @Ephraizer

-I bought a corrupted empower 3
-I'm now running awakened swift affliction/awakened void manipulation/ awakened vicious projectiles - works much better thank you!
-I've been manually casting wither - since my mana doesn't allow me to run wither/spell totem/multiple totem (this is something I should fix soon)

Current Gear:
Spoiler

Flask Setup:
Spoiler

Jewels:
Spoiler

Things I'm considering:
-lvl 4 enlighten (~2ex)
-craft my own ES gloves?
-
Thoughts, please hehe
EDIT: Adding this jewel
Last edited by Ephraizer on Jun 1, 2020, 11:10:21 AM
If you can't cast your totem due too much mana reserved, yes, I'd consider enlighten 4 or some reduced mana reserved nodes on tree, wither is only effective while continually cast and toxic rain requires you to spam it all the time, casting wither once is not the same as casting let's say despair and letting it debuff mob for 10 seconds. So having totem to do that "job" which you only have to replace infrequently is much better dps gain.
great build :-) that's what i was looking for in ranger
@Viktranka how does this build compares to the Caustic Arrow one you have in your profile?

also, what about Hyrri's Ire as a chest option (we can then drop Atziri's Step for tailwind boots)?
"
thalesfc wrote:
@Viktranka how does this build compares to the Caustic Arrow one you have in your profile?

also, what about Hyrri's Ire as a chest option (we can then drop Atziri's Step for tailwind boots)?
I can't say how this build compares to mine 100% because I never played this exact build. I just played my version of toxic rain in the past and this season I focused on caustic arrow just for having some variety.

Caustic arrow doesn't have the irritating delay TR has from shooting to landing (well unless you play with arrow nova then it has a delay but much bigger coverage of area). It's also less mana hungry and you don't need to stack attack speed for it to work as intended.

The disadvanatage? Lower boss damage. Also at some points there is downtime. If my CA is applied, my totem is put and despair is cast I'm just gonna wait around until 1 of these needs replaced, so yeah... might be boring for some.

People played both skills on same build with weapon swap / gem swap to some success, I didn't test this because I didn't have good set of second bow + quiver (plus my aspect of the spider is on quiver atm) and I hate gem swaps. I'm just gonna focus last week on getting some more challenges instead of further upgrades to the build I'm rolling. But from what I know it has every reason to work well. Now the idea to have 1 in bow 1 in chest whichever is in chest will probably end up underwhelming unless the chest has +gem level corruptions.

Both skills are endgame viable, and I expect them to stay that way because they're nowhere near the broken OP builds that will most likely be nerfed. As long as you follow general guidelines to what stats you need (explained in main post of the guide), other details are really up to you.

Chest imo you can use whatever you want as long as it makes sense. Hyrri is fine if you want to focus on dodge / evasion. Carcass jack is good for extra aoe. Qotf is good for zoom zoom. Rare crafted chest can have great mods, but hard / expensive to create. But lots of potential.

Tailwind boots imo won't be having big uptime on a build with low crit chance, feel free to test it if you have the currency but you won't have steady uptime I expect.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
thalesfc wrote:

I can't say how this build compares to mine 100% because I never played this exact build. I just played my version of toxic rain in the past and this season I focused on caustic arrow just for having some variety.

Caustic arrow doesn't have the irritating delay TR has from shooting to landing (well unless you play with arrow nova then it has a delay but much bigger coverage of area). It's also less mana hungry and you don't need to stack attack speed for it to work as intended.

The disadvanatage? Lower boss damage. Also at some points there is downtime. If my CA is applied, my totem is put and despair is cast I'm just gonna wait around until 1 of these needs replaced, so yeah... might be boring for some.

People played both skills on same build with weapon swap / gem swap to some success, I didn't test this because I didn't have good set of second bow + quiver (plus my aspect of the spider is on quiver atm) and I hate gem swaps. I'm just gonna focus last week on getting some more challenges instead of further upgrades to the build I'm rolling. But from what I know it has every reason to work well. Now the idea to have 1 in bow 1 in chest whichever is in chest will probably end up underwhelming unless the chest has +gem level corruptions.

Both skills are endgame viable, and I expect them to stay that way because they're nowhere near the broken OP builds that will most likely be nerfed. As long as you follow general guidelines to what stats you need (explained in main post of the guide), other details are really up to you.

Chest imo you can use whatever you want as long as it makes sense. Hyrri is fine if you want to focus on dodge / evasion. Carcass jack is good for extra aoe. Qotf is good for zoom zoom. Rare crafted chest can have great mods, but hard / expensive to create. But lots of potential.

Tailwind boots imo won't be having big uptime on a build with low crit chance, feel free to test it if you have the currency but you won't have steady uptime I expect.

thanks!
Hi! Thank you for the fun build! It was super easy to level and i'm in endgame now and improving as i can. Not sure how to link my character (granndrain), but is it possible for you to see what i should focus on next to get the 3rd aura (grace) running? I just got clarity to run with malevolence and discipline.

The next I will do is last two labs.

Let me know what you think :)
Noob question here: how do you block attack modifiers and how does that help?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info