(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

As I can see Toxic survived patch notes or Im wrong?
There were actually quite a few nerfs to the cluster jewels and passives that affect the TR builds.

https://reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/hajwj0/some_cluster_jewel_rebalance_that_may_affect_your/
Hoping you will keep the guide going for 3.11. really like the build. Although there seems to be some nerfs to passives.
Last edited by CryformeSky on Jun 17, 2020, 4:32:12 AM
"
modredbmf wrote:
As I can see Toxic survived patch notes or Im wrong?
Yeah, exactly what I thought would happen happened, which is they nerfed overbudget cluster notables. I mean did anyone think Wicked Pall at 35% inc chaos 20% inc duration was fine standing next to poor Potency of Will 25% inc duration and nothing else?

Some good changes to push all the doom and gloom:

Hunter's gambit only costs 3 points instead of 4 and you can skip the poison garbage.

Master Fletcher wheel got +1% attack speed on small nodes from 3 to 4.

Method to the madness lost its chaos multi but the small nodes leading to it have double the chaos multi they had before.

No witnesses is on the tree, close to shadow area.

Entropy gives 5% increased skill duration (went from 5 to 10) for 4% lower increased damage value (from 27 to 23), which imo is better because inc damage is everywhere, duration not so.

Coldhearted Calculation gives 12% damage instead of 12% attack damage (this is a buff).

They also fixed longshot, but this is way out of Trickster area to care. Still, it gives projectile damage instead of projectile attack damage, which actually matters for toxic rain (the "attack" stuff just didn't work, now pray they do the same treatment to gripped gloves implicit).

Generic attack nodes (not bow nodes) got nerfed, but that means there's even less reason to bother with long pathing around the tree.

Towering threat (cluster notable) got buffed, and with the value of "8% increased maximum Life, 10% increased Area of Effect" it could be worth as a replacement of generic health node, everything except fettle is 8% and inc area is nice.

Elegant form got no nerfs, so if you ever wanted to build ailment immune trickster, you still can.

Since this version of toxic rain didn't ride on extreme cluster jewel stacking, it should be fine.
How does the caustic arrow in the offhand work exactly? I switch to offhand, fire CA to proc MA, then switch back and use TR regularly?
"
How does the caustic arrow in the offhand work exactly? I switch to offhand, fire CA to proc MA, then switch back and use TR regularly?

you just map with your offhand, swap to TR mainhand to kill map boss. It'll depend on where you're at in terms of gearing progression as to how you'll play it.
https://pastebin.com/d5cYxugf I started with your guide demon start of league and this is the toxic rain shadow I ended up with if you or anyone else feel free to have a look for me I have no idea about the damage calc and just an overall review and some tips would be grand before next league thankyou
So now we need 2 bow ? One with caustic arrow setup & one with TR ?

TR not sufficient for clearing ?
Last edited by Nivek95 on Jun 18, 2020, 7:34:48 AM
"
Nivek95 wrote:
One solution to this is whenever you upgrade bow to the next stage of better bow, use your old bow for whichever skill you end up using less.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Nivek95 wrote:
One solution to this is whenever you upgrade bow to the next stage of better bow, use your old bow for whichever skill you end up using less.

Oh yeah i see, tbh i haven't done this build since Legion, and at the time only TR was enough for clear & bossing, im just surprised that it's not the case anymore ahaha

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info