Map: Drop Rate

"
This is my first character to mapping, to be honest I am discouraged to keep playing, I cant map past T3 maps as nothing drops and even the vendor has nothing for me.

Its probably user error, but i am not sure what i should be doing. Ultimately i feel like i am stuck at level 75.

If there is a way to work around this I would be happy to hear any advice.

Be sure to either trans/aug or alch your maps. Alching is a bit dangerous if there are mods you can't handle. It's not worth chaos re-rolling. Just save bad ones for a 3:1 trade up. Try to remember to sextant an area that you're going to run at least three maps in. Full clears.

Keep records to avoid your natural urge to amplify failure. I do it just by keeping a running total: -1 for opening a map. +1 for getting a map of that tier, +3 for tier+1, +9 for tier+2. Getting lower maps isn't counted, but should be 1/3 for tier-1 and 1/9 for tier-2. You'll see that the "wins" outnumber the losses easily. You just remember the bad times because they last longer.
"
Astarift wrote:
To add on, memory nexus HARDLY drop any maps

Can't agree with that. Some people said the map droprate is low cause the memory nexus have a chance aswell. But the map drops there are much more shitty and pretty rare. It's still an unrewarding league encounter.
"
Arondos wrote:
L85 and running T4's.

Ran ten T4's. Maps ran

Underground sea -3
Port - 1
Beach - 1
City Square - 2
Flooded Mine - 2
Lookout - 1

Map drops from ten T4 ran.
() are from zana showing up in one map

T1- 1
T3 -9 (1)
T4 -0 (2)
T5 -1 (1)

How exactly are you supposed to progress on maps with drops like these? Started with 14 T4's and I now have 4. But hey I gained NINE T3's. This has been typical absolutely can not get a pool of t4's.

My tinfoil hat assumption is to slow down our progress. Buffing map drops means speeding up our progress and grinding endgame content much faster, get bored fast since a lot of players hate playing "tetris".
"
AshRox wrote:
"
Arondos wrote:
L85 and running T4's.

Ran ten T4's. Maps ran

Underground sea -3
Port - 1
Beach - 1
City Square - 2
Flooded Mine - 2
Lookout - 1

Map drops from ten T4 ran.
() are from zana showing up in one map

T1- 1
T3 -9 (1)
T4 -0 (2)
T5 -1 (1)

How exactly are you supposed to progress on maps with drops like these? Started with 14 T4's and I now have 4. But hey I gained NINE T3's. This has been typical absolutely can not get a pool of t4's.

My tinfoil hat assumption is to slow down our progress. Buffing map drops means speeding up our progress and grinding endgame content much faster, get bored fast since a lot of players hate playing "tetris".

But don't you get bored even quicker when you cannot progress? We don't have to play POE do we?
Think they cut map drop rates because they've added so many other sources of them to the game. But that kind of defeats the purpose of them and simply makes it a chore that has to be done. Would be nice if they had a base level that would support progress that you could improve by playing the side games.
Going to put on my tinfoil hat a little here.

I've been playing a lot both before and after the buff so I have a reasonable sample size. This is just my feeling with no hard data to back it up since I didn't record anything. You'd have to go to a streamer with VODs who ran 9999 Burial Chambers for hard data.

Before the buff happened I would say map drops were 5-10% lower than in Betrayal. After the buff happened map drops were INSANELY HIGH. I'm talking 10-20% HIGHER than in Betrayal. Sustain was way too easy. The next day drops had been nerfed again. My worst streak I went a streak of 10 T15/16s most of them fully juiced and got 2 T15/16s back.

Right now it looks like it was buffed back to around where Betrayal was. Just my anecdotal evidence and tinfoil hat opinion.
"
You are encouraged to buy maps off trade, it’s a design fundamental. Unfortunately, trading this league seems to be a dead end. Circular dependency, well done GGG!

In order to be able to buy maps, there must be an abundance of maps (from sensible people) to buy in the first place.

If it was a real problem, there wouldnt be thousands of each type of map available for sale.
map drops are absolute horrible for me atm.
out of around 15 x t11 + maps i recievd 1 map return.

Even with Chisel vaaling etc, nothing drops for me.

what an absolute garbage league.

Oh and wtf did they do to racecourse map?
Its the most abandonded map in existence. Can you please fix this pile of shit?
Last edited by Chief1337 on Mar 20, 2019, 5:50:10 PM
"
colossalaiur wrote:
"
You are encouraged to buy maps off trade, it’s a design fundamental. Unfortunately, trading this league seems to be a dead end. Circular dependency, well done GGG!

If nobody is getting maps where would you buy them from? GGG printing maps and sending them to bots? You wont even be able to buy maps eventually. You can buy maps because people get extra.

My honest opinion... Yes. The cynic in me says GGG themselves supply and allow these general chat currency spammers to exist because.... they ARE the currency spammers. Think about it, It's like having a printing press for money.

Have you ever visited a hideout, level 1 character, no decorations, obviously the mule for a bot/team of bots. Either GGG is getting a cut or they are the ones running the operation.

But I could be wrong.
Last edited by AboveAverage on Mar 20, 2019, 5:56:02 PM
I am stuck at T4, i just don't have the energy to run any more maps, this is the first time that i have a problem like this, i just don't understand, map progression is a core element, what can i now

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info