So, I just uninstalled PoE today.

Amen on point 2 and 3. Speed clear meta is ok with me though.
See you next year.
See you in the next timeline.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
I'm still not sure why you uninstalled POE.

According to your remarks you enjoy the game but have 3 complaints - apparently these 3 shortcomings lead you to uninstall? I guess? If so, I can't see why.

Let's break down your complaints...
===
1) Play the speed meta or go home.
The ability to rapidly clear maps has been a part of POE for several leagues running. Why uninstall now when this has been the case for a long, long time?

I get that you might not like this - and might uninstall accordingly - but if this irked you so, you should have uninstalled at least a year ago.

2) Why bother with proper QA?
GGG is under pressure to make money. New content - specifically new leagues - drives player engagement and profit.

For me, QA is very good. What's lacking though - is the assessment of completely new game features on the player base. For example, GGG, feeling that map drops in Memories might lead to far too easy map sustain - nerfed map drops - far too much. Is this QA? Not for me - there's no bug in this implementation. Rather, it's failure to assess how the new game features will impact the player base.

POE is free to play - GGG makes no money at all from new players - unless they purchase microtransactions. To make money, POE needs to be compelling and microtransactions need to be desirable.

Against this, new content needs to emerge regularly to promote player engagement.
===
Bottom line - I'm OK with a new league coming out with flaws - fixed after a few weeks once player feedback is received. Most of the fan base seems not to be comfortable with this though.
===
3)
Number 3: Ethical microtransactions were effective in the early days of fundraising for the game, but their time has passed.
Uh, what is an "Ethical" microtransaction? Really?

GGG needs to make money and support its employees.
===
In terms of nice microtransactions - the Sunspire and Doomcrow supporter packs both are really cool - I purchased both of them.
I agree with 70% of all critics around the forums. I just deleted my char, destroyed all stuff in stash and that's it.

When over the years you see the forums filled with complains about bad performance, crashes, bugs and they repeat over and over many years. It can't be helped but you either is a hardcore player that lives with all that or just.... uninstalls the game. If a player cannot use a certain skill because it makes the game unplayable with bad performance or extreme lag, whatever, the game code must be really broken.

Playing POE feels like... gambling addiction. I even saw many ppl in game stating that in the chat.

My old account had the same fate. I logged in and saw that all passives had been refunded. Nothing that worths anything in the stash, just a ton of aug and trans orbs, one divine, one regal, random cards, low lvl stuff.

When ppl keep asking questions about "how to..."/"What to..." in game, in forums, in reddit, etc. There must be something wrong with the decisions that they make with the game itself.

If I were a designer I would build a game that is easier to play, with fewer features but more meaningful ones.
So true.
I wanna play this game, but the last few patches did more harm than good imo.
The game became so forced and easy, it's basically a clicking simulator, nothing more.
Last edited by ThIsIsToXiN on Apr 28, 2019, 2:58:03 PM
Bye Felicia
[Removed by Support]
"
Mike_Wang wrote:
GGG didn't give us options how to play this game, that's the reason everyone mad at this season. They should keep the atlas map as main story line and farm line, all the others like betray, synthesis, mine.. to be an options such as Zana map mod let player choice to play.

this.
dead game
bring back 3.13
"

When over the years you see the forums filled with complains about bad performance, crashes, bugs and they repeat over and over many years. It can't be helped but you either is a hardcore player that lives with all that or just.... uninstalls the game.

Or you just upgrade your ancient PC and stop complaining because it solves the most problems.
There are ppl that can run prettier games with no performance issues. Also, console gamers can't upgrade their hardware.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info