[3.9] Physical Conversion Bowyer | Wander [TS/LA/IS + Barrage] [KB + Power Siphon] [All Content]

"
Enahkra wrote:
I'll look into this when I roll out the 3.8 version of the guide (when I have time to make revisions). Haven't had time to check the thread recently either. A lot of people roll +1 minimum frenzy on their gear, so I wonder if that affects Rotgut's ability to proc onslaught, esp if your minimum charges = maximum charges. Also Rotgut is a single use flask too, but yeah I'm not entirely sure yet I'll do some experimenting in a few days/weeks. Hopefully in this upcoming league I'll have enough time to test things out in-game. Also, did you ever come up with anything about lgoh? I'm still curious whether or not it scales based on base damage.

Yea, minimum frenzy charges can't be consumed so it wouldn't give the extra movement speed limiting it to farrul's fur users. Kinda forgot about that little problem, my bad. The single use for a farrul's wander wouldn't be a problem imo, at least at my level of gearing since I will be able to kill any boss in the game withing that duration and during mapping, well, we are pathfinders so that isn't a problem either. Unfortunately I couldn't test much more about the logh situation as I'm not playing much right now, all my poe related interactions currently are from having ideas and checking pob, but not really logging in.

"
Enahkra wrote:
Yeah the reveals so far has definitely been underwhelming for wanders, or maybe underwhelming in general. I haven't been following reddit that closely but from what I've seen, the only power creep this upcoming league has is an extra notable passive node in the amulet slot? I mean that's still great and all I guess maybe a 5-10% boost to dps, but nothing too crazy.

Unless... there are going to be super broken new amulet enchantments or some crazy uniques (which I really doubt), it seems things will be more or less the same. Actually, we do get Bottled Faith again, but it'll probably be extremely expensive...

Are they for sure not bringing back synthesis implicits? I was hoping maybe single implicit bases or even fractured bases would make a return...

For my setup the BiS damage ammulet enchant will be "Prism Weave" notable to the left of witch tree as it provides 6% ias + 24% wed with wands + 5% pen (which amounts to roughly 8% more dps for my setup), the second best being heart of ice. Of course you can go for quality of life stuff like mana reservation notables and stuff and that would save you a gem slot maybe (from dropping enlighten)?

And from what I undertand even if those bosses dropped fractured items you don't have the nexus to actually combine them into a synthesized implicits, so I doubt they'll bring if they didn't say nexus is coming back.
Hello! I invested all my wealth on standard on this build with Enahkra's full support.

He has always been very kind and helpful, and now that I am returning to PoE fulltime, I hope he has the time and energy to bear with me!

Kind regards.

P.S: The amulet we bought from that league is still viable?
Thank you to the author and other contributors for a thoughtful guide. I enjoyed wander when it was meta a few years ago and was inspired to remake one after playing so much cyclone.

I'm playing on Standard with a medium budget and am currently working on assembling the gear for my character. It was challenging to find appropriate gear at reasonable prices, so I ended up making all of the gear myself at surprisingly low cost.

I took a large amount of inspiration from the crafting section, which was very well-written. However, I added a bit of my personal preference as below:

1) Tempest Binding helm to help provide frenzy charge generation and increase the smoothness of KB while mapping. Also provides life, res, and shock.
2) Assassin's Mark ring to provide power charge generation and the quality of life of not having to manage a separate curse set up. Also adds some damage against anything that doesn't die instantly.
3) Cinderswallow Urn instead of a life flask for permanent Onslaught, really nice HP/MP sustain, and extra critical strike chance.

This should put me tri-res capped at 80% at baseline and Elemental Weakness capped with flasks. Hopefully the HP pool will feel comfortable as well given I've prioritized some life on most slots.

I'm certainly not an expert in this area so I would appreciate some thoughts and suggestions on areas for improvement. Looking forward to trying the character out soon!
"
Escalune wrote:
Spoiler
Thank you to the author and other contributors for a thoughtful guide. I enjoyed wander when it was meta a few years ago and was inspired to remake one after playing so much cyclone.

I'm playing on Standard with a medium budget and am currently working on assembling the gear for my character. It was challenging to find appropriate gear at reasonable prices, so I ended up making all of the gear myself at surprisingly low cost.

I took a large amount of inspiration from the crafting section, which was very well-written. However, I added a bit of my personal preference as below:

1) Tempest Binding helm to help provide frenzy charge generation and increase the smoothness of KB while mapping. Also provides life, res, and shock.
2) Assassin's Mark ring to provide power charge generation and the quality of life of not having to manage a separate curse set up. Also adds some damage against anything that doesn't die instantly.
3) Cinderswallow Urn instead of a life flask for permanent Onslaught, really nice HP/MP sustain, and extra critical strike chance.

This should put me tri-res capped at 80% at baseline and Elemental Weakness capped with flasks. Hopefully the HP pool will feel comfortable as well given I've prioritized some life on most slots.

I'm certainly not an expert in this area so I would appreciate some thoughts and suggestions on areas for improvement. Looking forward to trying the character out soon!

I've watched my friend stream both this wander build and a meta cyclone one this league, and the cyclone build definitely had a smoother playstyle. Much tankier and easier to play in general.

I think it's always best to tailor your build to suit own unique playstyle, desired content to farm, budget, etc. especially if you have prior experience with wanding. I initially wanted to make the guide more of a template and present a lot more options, but I noticed a lot of new players who tried phys wanding for the first time made bad choices when given more flexibility, so I reversed my approach. I figured those who know what they're doing will make adjustments accordingly anyway.

The setup I recommended in the guide is meant to maximize consistent single target dps for all bossing scenarios, and was meant for consistent farming of T16 guardians and higher content. This is why I refrained from relying on conditional sources of damage like power/frenzy charge on kill or any buffs to KB as that would take away from single target damage. These preferences are definitely not optimal for farming regular content like red/yellow maps etc. so in those cases it's a better idea to buff KB, use assassins mark, etc.

Tempest's Binding is a solid choice, especially since yours has a legacy enchant on it. The one issue you may encounter is mana cost, since both Ice Bite + Innervate have very high mana multipliers and this build is somewhat starved for mana. You may need to lower the level of Precision + use Enlighten 4 to be able to cast KB. Also, I'm not sure if you plan on using Blood Rage since Ice Bite already provides frenzy generation, but you pretty much still need it for the huge dps boost from Energy Leech + damage while leeching mod on your amulet etc.

Having a Legacy TOH helps a lot, I think if you have enough layers of defense (decent level steelskin - make sure to have a good Lethal Pride jewel), fortify proccing + around 5k+ life you would have a real ehp of around 8-9k which should be decent for pretty much everything.

Also, will you be weakness capped for lightning res? With fire/cold you'll definitely be capped, but since you aren't using a topaz/wise oak I'm not sure about lightning.

"
z4ktan wrote:

Spoiler
For my setup the BiS damage ammulet enchant will be "Prism Weave" notable to the left of witch tree as it provides 6% ias + 24% wed with wands + 5% pen (which amounts to roughly 8% more dps for my setup), the second best being heart of ice. Of course you can go for quality of life stuff like mana reservation notables and stuff and that would save you a gem slot maybe (from dropping enlighten)?

And from what I undertand even if those bosses dropped fractured items you don't have the nexus to actually combine them into a synthesized implicits, so I doubt they'll bring if they didn't say nexus is coming back.

In that case, I may recommend Rotgut for the mirrored version of the build instead since there's no good source of Onslaught and it's more tailored towards Farrul's.

Yeah Prism weave is likely the best dps notable for this build aside from maybe the conditional +1 curse. Or perhaps an extra life notable for defense. But I wonder how much rng is involved in trying to get a specific notable. The mana reservation is a good idea too. I'm thinking maybe to compile a ranked list of enchantments for the guide in the future.

I guess yeah synthesized items are definitely not achievable but maybe there's a tiny sliver of a chance fractured bases return? It would make the build cost much lower, but yeah probably not... it made crafting way too easy.

"
LadyRedhead wrote:
Hello! I invested all my wealth on standard on this build with Enahkra's full support.

He has always been very kind and helpful, and now that I am returning to PoE fulltime, I hope he has the time and energy to bear with me!

Kind regards.

P.S: The amulet we bought from that league is still viable?

Hey!! Welcome back :) Thought you quit forever lol. Of course, I'm here for you anytime. Also, yes the amulet you own is still viable, but a lot has changed since you took a break, and I think there may be new changes you can make to further boost your build's dps :)
"
Enahkra wrote:

I've watched my friend stream both this wander build and a meta cyclone one this league, and the cyclone build definitely had a smoother playstyle. Much tankier and easier to play in general.

I think it's always best to tailor your build to suit own unique playstyle, desired content to farm, budget, etc. especially if you have prior experience with wanding. I initially wanted to make the guide more of a template and present a lot more options, but I noticed a lot of new players who tried phys wanding for the first time made bad choices when given more flexibility, so I reversed my approach. I figured those who know what they're doing will make adjustments accordingly anyway.

The setup I recommended in the guide is meant to maximize consistent single target dps for all bossing scenarios, and was meant for consistent farming of T16 guardians and higher content. This is why I refrained from relying on conditional sources of damage like power/frenzy charge on kill or any buffs to KB as that would take away from single target damage. These preferences are definitely not optimal for farming regular content like red/yellow maps etc. so in those cases it's a better idea to buff KB, use assassins mark, etc.

Tempest's Binding is a solid choice, especially since yours has a legacy enchant on it. The one issue you may encounter is mana cost, since both Ice Bite + Innervate have very high mana multipliers and this build is somewhat starved for mana. You may need to lower the level of Precision + use Enlighten 4 to be able to cast KB. Also, I'm not sure if you plan on using Blood Rage since Ice Bite already provides frenzy generation, but you pretty much still need it for the huge dps boost from Energy Leech + damage while leeching mod on your amulet etc.

Having a Legacy TOH helps a lot, I think if you have enough layers of defense (decent level steelskin - make sure to have a good Lethal Pride jewel), fortify proccing + around 5k+ life you would have a real ehp of around 8-9k which should be decent for pretty much everything.

Also, will you be weakness capped for lightning res? With fire/cold you'll definitely be capped, but since you aren't using a topaz/wise oak I'm not sure about lightning.

I've been farming Uber Elder and Delve on my Cyclone build and it certainly feels powerful and smooth (immortal and instantly phases any boss). But wanding is more visually satisfying (love the Celestial KB and Herald effects) and I was looking to try something new.

Ah, I didn't realize that the aim of the guide's setup was to maximize single target DPS. I tried about 20-30 maps with Tempest's Binding because I was also concerned about potential mana issues. I'm using an Enlighten 4 and am able to cast KB twice. I tried to diversify my sources of mana sustain so it would feel smooth in most contexts: 1) mana leech on tree, 2) mana gain on hit jewel, 3) mana recovery from Cinderswallow Urn. It felt fairly good with no noticeable mana issues. I have a +2 Barrage Devoto, so I will try that out as well to see if it feels better.

I have a Blood Rage gem on manual cast to trigger the leeching buffs and turn it on only for bosses. I don't actually like the degen effect for running around in maps, so I leave it off there.

I got a Lethal Pride jewel with 5% DD, less critical hit damage taken, physical damage taken as fire, and armor for some extra defense. I also picked up a double Hatred jewel (conversion and flat cold). Now running Fortify + Shield Charge with about 5400 life. I should be Elemental Weakness capped unless they changed it from the 109% (114% with Loreweave's 80% max) hideout value? I'm 82/97/131 unbuffed and 159/174/131 buffed.

Is there a clear next best upgrade to help with my QoL or defenses? My PoB DPS is roughly 7 million without shock or other unrealistic stuff checked, so I felt I have enough damage for any content and should focus on other areas.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Escalune on Aug 28, 2019, 7:06:04 PM
"
Enahkra wrote:

Yeah Prism weave is likely the best dps notable for this build aside from maybe the conditional +1 curse. Or perhaps an extra life notable for defense. But I wonder how much rng is involved in trying to get a specific notable. The mana reservation is a good idea too. I'm thinking maybe to compile a ranked list of enchantments for the guide in the future.

It won't be RNG at all, you can see what the oils you input give you before actually "enchanting" the amulet. For example I put in the oil X, Y and Z in the slots and the amulet, if I hover over the amulet I can see which enchanted notable I get before clicking "accept" and making a permanent change to the amulet. And all notables will have a fixed recipe, so the same combination will always end up enchanting your amulet with the same notable and the order of oils doesn't matter, all this was confirmed already by GGG in the teasers and posts (mostly reddit I guess, since that's their official forums). So I'm expecting to be pretty easy to get good enchantments, the base oils for the really good ones will be expensive, but easy as getting the currency to buy them, which for, I guess, someone that will min/max the build to the point of enchanting the amulet would be easily be able to buy, since they probably spent around 35ex beforehand on it.

The annoying thing for me is that I have a pretty good amulet base in STD and if oils don't go core that means I need to find another base to be able to enchant in league. But if it does go core, well the mirror amulets just go a bit better, lets say :P
"
Escalune wrote:

"
I've been farming Uber Elder and Delve on my Cyclone build and it certainly feels powerful and smooth (immortal and instantly phases any boss). But wanding is more visually satisfying (love the Celestial KB and Herald effects) and I was looking to try something new.

Ah, I didn't realize that the aim of the guide's setup was to maximize single target DPS. I tried about 20-30 maps with Tempest's Binding because I was also concerned about potential mana issues. I'm using an Enlighten 4 and am able to cast KB twice. I tried to diversify my sources of mana sustain so it would feel smooth in most contexts: 1) mana leech on tree, 2) mana gain on hit jewel, 3) mana recovery from Cinderswallow Urn. It felt fairly good with no noticeable mana issues. I have a +2 Barrage Devoto, so I will try that out as well to see if it feels better.

I have a Blood Rage gem on manual cast to trigger the leeching buffs and turn it on only for bosses. I don't actually like the degen effect for running around in maps, so I leave it off there.

I got a Lethal Pride jewel with 5% DD, less critical hit damage taken, physical damage taken as fire, and armor for some extra defense. I also picked up a double Hatred jewel (conversion and flat cold). Now running Fortify + Shield Charge with about 5400 life. I should be Elemental Weakness capped unless they changed it from the 109% (114% with Loreweave's 80% max) hideout value? I'm 82/97/131 unbuffed and 159/174/131 buffed.

Is there a clear next best upgrade to help with my QoL or defenses? My PoB DPS is roughly 7 million without shock or other unrealistic stuff checked, so I felt I have enough damage for any content and should focus on other areas.

Thanks in advance!

What will be the main content you're tackling with the build? If you have no issues with mana sustain that's very good news. And yeah that's pretty much what I do with Blood Rage too. It's really uncomfortable when it's active and you're trying to click on a bunch of loot, especially in conjunction with Vaal Pact.

Could you provide me your POB pastebin? I can take a look at it to see if there's any improvements. Based on what you've been saying, I think the only improvements I could offer, if any, would be minor ones. 7mil is very respectable dps for a wander (probably need to replace Cinderswallow with a life flask for uber though). I think 4-5mil is solid enough for the average player to tackle uber elder with some practice. My personal preference is to allocate everything to more survivability once I reach the 5-6mil dps mark. A lot of builds struggled in Legion due to a combination of new rippy mechanics + significant buff to mob life and this has made wanders a lot less tanky than prior to 3.7. If Legion mechanics are integrated into the core game without any nerfs to damage, it might be wise to trade dps for more life post 3.8

"
z4ktan wrote:

"
It won't be RNG at all, you can see what the oils you input give you before actually "enchanting" the amulet. For example I put in the oil X, Y and Z in the slots and the amulet, if I hover over the amulet I can see which enchanted notable I get before clicking "accept" and making a permanent change to the amulet. And all notables will have a fixed recipe, so the same combination will always end up enchanting your amulet with the same notable and the order of oils doesn't matter, all this was confirmed already by GGG in the teasers and posts (mostly reddit I guess, since that's their official forums). So I'm expecting to be pretty easy to get good enchantments, the base oils for the really good ones will be expensive, but easy as getting the currency to buy them, which for, I guess, someone that will min/max the build to the point of enchanting the amulet would be easily be able to buy, since they probably spent around 35ex beforehand on it.

The annoying thing for me is that I have a pretty good amulet base in STD and if oils don't go core that means I need to find another base to be able to enchant in league. But if it does go core, well the mirror amulets just go a bit better, lets say :P

Ah thx for the correction. I haven't been following much poe related stuff recently lol, but that's very good to hear. So it's guaranteed we can easily access Prism Weave :) That's a pretty damn significant buff. Perhaps there'll be a special enchantment that is even more OP but most likely Prism Weave is the way to go hmm. That's pretty good considering Prism Weave gives dps approx. equal to ~3 passive points. Haha I've given up on buying mirrored gear now tbh. The new ones cost a fortune and they get outdated extremely fast as GGG ramps up the power creep rate. And as soon as something becomes #2 its value drops like 2-3 fold lol.

If you have any other suggestions on useful notables let me know. I don't think I'll be able to put as much thought into improving the build this patch, so I'll have to rely on suggestions from fellow wanders. I guess so far it's Prism Weave or a high %life notable somewhere on the left side of the tree or a mana reservation node. I'll do an analysis eventually to see which one is "objectively" the best, as it's very possible Prism Weave would free up enough passives to give a bigger defensive increase than a single %life notable.

"
Enahkra wrote:

What will be the main content you're tackling with the build? If you have no issues with mana sustain that's very good news. And yeah that's pretty much what I do with Blood Rage too. It's really uncomfortable when it's active and you're trying to click on a bunch of loot, especially in conjunction with Vaal Pact.

Could you provide me your POB pastebin? I can take a look at it to see if there's any improvements. Based on what you've been saying, I think the only improvements I could offer, if any, would be minor ones. 7mil is very respectable dps for a wander (probably need to replace Cinderswallow with a life flask for uber though). I think 4-5mil is solid enough for the average player to tackle uber elder with some practice. My personal preference is to allocate everything to more survivability once I reach the 5-6mil dps mark. A lot of builds struggled in Legion due to a combination of new rippy mechanics + significant buff to mob life and this has made wanders a lot less tanky than prior to 3.7. If Legion mechanics are integrated into the core game without any nerfs to damage, it might be wise to trade dps for more life post 3.8

I'd like to focus on farming Uber Elder safely/reliably, mapping, and Delve between 250-300. I tried using a +2 Barrage Devoto's Devotion and it does feel more comfortable with the lower KB mana cost (the movement speed and chaos resistance is also appreciated). I did notice that KB sometimes doesn't 1-shot rares without the 5th and 6th support links from Tempest's Binding. And completely agree about Blood Rage with VP.

Here is my pastebin link (https://pastebin.com/aF3wHiub). I attempted to make a placeholder jewel for Lethal Pride's effects, though I'm not sure I did it correctly. My philosophy is similar to yours in that I would prefer to prioritize additional defenses/QoL once my DPS is sufficient and I think I'm there. I'm not sure on the best way to make that trade-off though.

Appreciate your review and thoughts.
Last edited by Escalune on Aug 30, 2019, 7:40:41 PM
Hello

I finally got to Uber Elder, but I'm having trouble defeating him and I would like some tips.

I thought of changing the auras / skill tree to something more defensive, I feel like I'm doing a good deal of damage, but I take onehit from Shaper's balls, as soon as I dodge them sooner or later I end up taking a scrape ...

My PoB: https://pastebin.com/PAkXLFTY

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info