[3.9] Physical Conversion Bowyer | Wander [TS/LA/IS + Barrage] [KB + Power Siphon] [All Content]

"
oMySunshine wrote:
Spoiler
Yeah with the new changes to flask effect node, Pathfinder got worse. Now it's only good for flask sustain and ailment immunity. I think I'll fiddle around with Raider, Deadeye, Scion or even Slayer :^) once I got the gear.

Gonna league start with a RT Impale Champion Wander, not sure how can I squeeze out DPS without crit but I can respec into Cyclone or another melee skill, or MF Deadeye Wander, still unsure.

Actually, Raider is much better both defensively and offensively now, I'll definitely try it out and report back lata, but it seems like you might have to edit your guide a lot lol.

Raider changes for reference: (open in new tab for bigger resolution)

Text:
Spoiler
Small passives: Now grant 20% increased Frenzy Charge duration (from 18%) on the way to Avatar of the Slaughter, 4% increased movement speed (from 3%) on the way to Avatar of the Veil, and 15% increased Onslaught effect (previously Onslaught duration) on the way to Avatar of the Chase.
Way of the Poacher: Now grants +1 to maximum Frenzy Charges.
Avatar of the Slaughter: No longer grants +1 to maximum Frenzy Charges. Now grants 8% increased Evasion Rating per Frenzy Charge, 3% increased Movement Speed per Frenzy Charge (from 2%), and 8% increased Attack Damage per Frenzy Charge (from 3%).
Quartz Infusion: Now grants 10% chance to dodge Attack Hits (from 6%), and 40% increased Elemental Damage.
Avatar of the Veil: No longer grants 40% increased Elemental Damage. Now causes nearby enemies to have Fire, Cold and Lightning Exposure while you have Phasing, applying -15% to those resistances. Also causes nearby enemies to have 15% less Accuracy while you have Phasing.
Rapid Assault: Now grants +5% to chance to evade attacks.
Avatar of the Chase: Now grants 30% increased attack damage during Onslaught (from 20%), 30% more chance to evade melee attacks during Onslaught (from 25%) and 30% more chance to evade projectile attacks during Onslaught (from 25%).

I wasn't very fond of Pathfinder for some reasons, even with all those QoL, now I have a good reason for new, EXCITING CHANGES WOOOO!

Yeah ugh don't want to massively overhaul my guide. It's a huge pain in the ass given the length. I think Deadeye may also be a viable choice. It gives so much damage + you still have the +1 proj + that bleed LGOH node is insane. crazy damage and a lot of life recovery... Cyclopean Coil would lower build cost and also provide ailment immunity, it may be the way to go.

"
IkarusRDS wrote:

Spoiler
Excellent tips thanks again, I will take all your advice and see what I can get, then I will come back here to comment on the "results".

The fight against Uber Elder is a lot of fun (and hard), I've been playing ARPG for years and always complain that there is a "challenge" missing from these games, and PoE managed to rescue it with Uber Elder.

I will first get Lv.92 (maybe Lv.95), I will invest the money I have in Beachhead/Breachstones.
Then I will focus on helm + boots (tri-res), after that I think of getting a Loreaware Legacy + Double Legacy Taste.
Finally I will try this tip about temple mod no shield, it sounds very interesting, I will ask for more details about it in the future.

Thanks and congratulations for the willingness and excellent guide!

No problem mate. If you have any additional questions in the future feel free to leave a post here.

"
z4ktan wrote:
Spoiler
@Enahkra, there is the option of crafting 14% flask effect/33% reduced flask charges gained hybrid and that way you can get something from the amulet enchant that could be worth those 3 points you lose? that way the netloss would be 33% reduced flask charges gained. Don't know how good it is compared to the option of dropping pathfinder entirely but... it's an option, I really don't know what to do :P

Good idea, I guess I overlooked that. I don't think 11-14% will do a whole lot because you still need 2 flask effect clusters to hit threshold. I was also thinking from a cost point of view, b/c I don't want to force ppl to spend an additional exalt for a flask mod. I think the T2 flask effect + reduced charges gained might be the way to go. The 20% reduced charges gained gets cancelled out by Primal Spirit.

So the real tradeoff would be 3 passive points, and you gain some better mana sustain... hmm.
Last edited by Enahkra on Sep 4, 2019, 4:28:28 PM
I think my plan for STD will be this tree + Aqueous Accelerant notable enchant on amulet + 10% flask effect hybrid craft on belt. It's almost 1mil dps loss but that's the best i think I can do for my setup.

tree: http://poeurl.com/cx6z

Edit: Aqueous Accelerant notable isn't completely a "dead" node because it has attack and cast speed during flask effect on top of the flask effect.
Last edited by z4ktan on Sep 4, 2019, 8:25:57 PM
Hello! Build looks very Nice. Is it viable for 3.8? Im thinking about using this as my leauge starter, would you recommend that? Also would it work to go raider with this build? What acendancys would i use if i wanted to go raider?
"
z4ktan wrote:
Spoiler
I think my plan for STD will be this tree + Aqueous Accelerant notable enchant on amulet + 10% flask effect hybrid craft on belt. It's almost 1mil dps loss but that's the best i think I can do for my setup.

tree: http://poeurl.com/cx6z

Edit: Aqueous Accelerant notable isn't completely a "dead" node because it has attack and cast speed during flask effect on top of the flask effect.

That's what I thought at first, but then I read it more carefully and realized the attack/cast speed only procs if you use a mana flask which makes it absolutely useless.

Tbh it might just be worth ditching flask effect altogether and speccing into more damage nodes/life nodes.

"
toddliestew wrote:
Hello! Build looks very Nice. Is it viable for 3.8? Im thinking about using this as my leauge starter, would you recommend that? Also would it work to go raider with this build? What acendancys would i use if i wanted to go raider?

It will be viable in 3.8. As for league starter, it is doable but it won't be the smoothest experience compared to something meta like mines. I haven't done too much theorycrafting for 3.8 yet, but I still think Pathfinder is better than Raider mainly due to flask sustain.

For raider asc, Avatar of the Veil is mandatory. As for choosing between Avatar of the Chase/Slaughter I think it will depend on your gear, I'll update the guide within the next few days once I look at this further
[Accidental double post so here's some music instead]

Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9Zjgb03FMQ
Last edited by oMySunshine on Sep 5, 2019, 6:13:33 AM
Yeah Deadeye is nice for damage and speed but it doesn't offer much for survivability, can't LGoH if you're dead, Raider seems like a much better choice right now.

I'm going for Avatar of the Veil, Way of the Poacher for maximum Frenzy charges uptime since I'm going to invest some points into them and Rapid Assault for Onslaught and some evade chance. The 10% dodge, less monster's accuracy from Phasing AND AotVeil, exposure and ele ailment immunity is too much to pass on lol. AotSlaugher gives a shit ton of damage if you take all +1 Frenzy nodes on the tree so it's definitely an option, like Enahkra said, "depends on your gear".

With both WotP and PA nodes, Fr. charges and Onslaught will be up all the time, if not most of it, so we will always have Phasing, which enables all the buffs from AotV. We can also choose another craft instead of Minimum Fr. charge on jewelries now, POSSIBILITY!

As for leveling, I think I'd go with the new Cobra Lash gem, poison + HoAg route while reaching for life nodes and travel nodes, maybe some easy poison/claw nodes on the way. It's going to be fun!

HoAG didn't get changed, buffed even, with stronger Vicious Proj. so it's definitely an option.

Got like 1 mil sustainable (no temporary buffs, or 700k without Frost Bomb) Shaper DPS with lil bitch gear and lvl 92, bonkers lol. https://pastebin.com/HceQiyAf

Yeah I know that EB with 84 ES doesn't sound that appealing but I have to get rid of HoI to reserve Precision and Hatred, which is something I won't compromise! Feel free to fuel me league start ideas. I hope Poet's Pen will be affordable early on, if not then it'll be rough, I'll have to use Moonsorrow and I don't know if I can handle that.
Last edited by oMySunshine on Sep 5, 2019, 9:44:20 AM
"
oMySunshine wrote:
"
Yeah Deadeye is nice for damage and speed but it doesn't offer much for survivability, can't LGoH if you're dead, Raider seems like a much better choice right now.

I'm going for Avatar of the Veil, Way of the Poacher for maximum Frenzy charges uptime since I'm going to invest some points into them and Rapid Assault for Onslaught and some evade chance. The 10% dodge, less monster's accuracy from Phasing AND AotVeil, exposure and ele ailment immunity is too much to pass on lol. AotSlaugher gives a shit ton of damage if you take all +1 Frenzy nodes on the tree so it's definitely an option, like Enahkra said, "depends on your gear".

With both WotP and PA nodes, Fr. charges and Onslaught will be up all the time, if not most of it, so we will always have Phasing, which enables all the buffs from AotV. We can also choose another craft instead of Minimum Fr. charge on jewelries now, POSSIBILITY!

As for leveling, I think I'd go with the new Cobra Lash gem, poison + HoAg route while reaching for life nodes and travel nodes, maybe some easy poison/claw nodes on the way. It's going to be fun!

HoAG didn't get changed, buffed even, with stronger Vicious Proj. so it's definitely an option.

Got like 1 mil sustainable (no temporary buffs, or 700k without Frost Bomb) Shaper DPS with lil bitch gear and lvl 92, bonkers lol. https://pastebin.com/HceQiyAf

Yeah I know that EB with 84 ES doesn't sound that appealing but I have to get rid of HoI to reserve Precision and Hatred, which is something I won't compromise! Feel free to fuel me league start ideas. I hope Poet's Pen will be affordable early on, if not then it'll be rough, I'll have to use Moonsorrow and I don't know if I can handle that.

I think the LGOH is a very solid defensive mechanism. With Deadeye, you can reach 5k life recovery per second. That's pretty insane, you're basically drinking 10 eternal life flasks simultaneously while facetanking. Very few things in this game are one-shot, most are rapid two to three shots. With that much recovery you can avoid punishment in most scenarios.

I think it's worth considering using a Cyclopean Coil. That belt will guarantee ailment immunity which is the major advantage of taking Avatar of the Veil. The belt also helps with str requirement and gives a bit of damage + decent flat life, and it's damn cheap. I'm also a bit skeptical on the +1 maximum frenzies. Unless you hit lvl 96, you don't really saturate all the dps nodes on the tree. This means if you took +1 max frenzy, you're speccing out of a decent dps node, so the net gain for taking +1 frenzies on tree would probably be less than 1% dps per node which is abysmal. Also, +1 minimum frenzy is the most OP suffix on rings by far. Going with Avatar of the Slaughter means that mod becomes useless, and whatever replacement you use, it's probably going to be conditional, or much lower dps. These things and the fact that we all take permanent flask uptime for granted until we don't have it, makes me skeptical about going Raider. But yeah, Pathfinder has been weakened a bit this patch, so I'm definitely going to test both to see which is best. I think Raider will be better than Pathfinder up until Uber Elder/shaper/chimera/elder guardians mainly due to lack of flask sustain during drawn out fights.

Also your pastebin link isn't working for me for some reason hmm. And yeah it's unfortunate that they buffed Poet's Pen. I think it's really going to hurt the build's viability as a league starter unless there's a good alternative... Moonsorrow might be it, but the loss of dps might necessitate dual wielding. Ill have to look into this...
Hi, I want to use this build in 3.8 for the sole reason that your guide is incredible - leaving no confusion whatsoever for me. However, I would like to focus on delving, and will be playing in a party with an aurabot and a high-single target DPS player. Therefore, I don't think i need 6L barrage, +projectile count, and projectile damage mods. What changes would be made to the build to focus it on KB's damage?

Should I be consulting a different guide instead, since this one is primarily geared towards bossing/barrage?

Thank you!
Last edited by TurtleHentai on Sep 5, 2019, 6:11:43 PM
"
TurtleHentai wrote:
Hi, I want to use this build in 3.8 for the sole reason that your guide is incredible - leaving no confusion whatsoever for me. However, I would like to focus on delving, and will be playing in a party with an aurabot and a high-single target DPS player. Therefore, I don't think i need 6L barrage, +projectile count, and projectile damage mods. What changes would be made to the build to focus it on KB's damage?

Should I be consulting a different guide instead, since this one is primarily geared towards bossing/barrage?

Thank you!

Hey there thanks! :)

I think if your main focus is on clearspeed during Delving, and if you have an aura support, you'd be better off going with ele wander.

This build focuses heavily on cold damage output, which makes auras like Wrath + Anger very ineffective for damage scaling. An ele wander that focuses on generic ele damage scaling will be better for utilizing an aurabot's damage auras. I'd recommend using a piscator's or a multimodded ele wand w/ %ele as extra chaos if you want more damage (will be several ex though).

There are several ele wander guides out there, the most popular ones being the Queenliness Wanderfinder and Thi3n's Kinetic Blast Deadeye.

I'd suggest the latter guide as Deadeye is definitely better than Pathfinder for clearing purposes. Tailwind will also help both you + your aura support + dps carry.

For buffing KB, the 3 core links: GMP - Pierce - WED are essential. If you want to stack more damage, Added Lightning/cold/Ice Bite/Hypothermia etc. are good choices if you can't one shot rares. If you have no problem with one-shotting rares, you can try out some clearspeed boosting gems for your 5th/6th link. Stuff like faster attacks, volley, faster proj, LMP are good choices.

I want to emphasize that the 75% chance for additional KB explosion is an extremely powerful enchant that gives your KB dps equivalent to an extra gem link. This should be prioritized (and isn't usually that crazy expensive either).

If you still find damage to be an issue, especially as you reach deeper delves, you should consider using a cyclopean coil to give you ailment immunity, this will give you the opportunity to run more unique flasks to boost damage: stuff like diamond flask of order/Bottled Faith/Vinktar/Cinderswallow etc (assuming you aren't using headhunter).

good luck!

Last edited by Enahkra on Sep 5, 2019, 9:04:56 PM
I'm a bit of a brainlet and a simpleton so I usually don't take other things in consideration lol, but that won't stop me from trying out new things.

I'm still deciding and figuring things out, especially ascendancy nodes, everything is not set in stone yet but it's looking bright as heck. Flask uptime has never been a problem for me, cause I hate popping flask for burst damage. Might try to find a Watcher's Eye with Flask charges on crit Precision and Cold Conversion Hatred, it'll be very very expensive but I think it's kinda worth.

LGoH has never been a problem for me either, cause most of my death is from oneshot so Raider's defense is going to be better for me. +1 Frenzy node seems pretty sketchy for me as well cause it's somewhat conditional damage, unlike pure damage nodes but that'll need further testing and fiddling around, but I think you have a point. I hope Raider will have better sustainable DPS than Pathfinder to compenstate for its lack of flask sustain in long fights but I'm pretty optimistic about that.

Cyclopean Coil for ailment immunity sounds super nice as I can take other offensive ascendancy nodes, not sure how competitive it is to a well-rolled Stygian Vise in the endgame scenario, as we really need some sort of other useful stats, but with mana being added to the belt pool, Cyclopean just got more attractive lol.

All these theory crafting won't mean anything without testing tho, let's see how things perform :D I was hoping Wander would get some kind of changes or something new would come so that, to be frank, I don't have to repeat the build in a cookie cutter way, and I think now it's time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info