ExileCon Tickets Now on Sale!

"
Redblade wrote:
So a exclusive MtX that cost $200 to a few thousand $ depending on where in the world you live, is only available to those who are lucky enough to get a limited ticket and have the time and means to fly to NZ for the event. I'm sorry but if there's no digital option to acquire it I'd call that messed up towards your supporters to be diplomatic about it.

I'm sure GGG could make a limited time digital attendee version for the event.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
100% Ethical, most of the time.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"
"
Vaydra wrote:
"
frontline111 wrote:
i would have liked to go, but i feel $300 NZ is excessive. i just bought a ticket to Metallica in October and that was only $180

Metallica will make a profit on their concert I'm sure. GGG is going to take a loss of around 1/2 a million to host their event. Check the last Baeclast with Chris talking about this in case you missed it.

So $180 for a concert that will give, oh, 5 hours of entertainment at best (assuming you also like Slipknot), vs $300 for probably close to 20 hours of entertainment. Quantity wise, there's no argument, but quality is subjective.

I suppose it depends on your weighting of quality and intensity of entertainment I just don't see any sort of hefty convincing argument here unless a person is either a serious Tallica fan *or* much prefers a short live experience over a longer, multimedia one with more personal interaction with folks sharing the same specific interest.

Biases: I've seen Metallica four times in the past 20 years, and reckon I've paid far less for better metal gigs many times since. I friggin' can't stand nu metal. And I haven't been to a global PoE meetup and I find this community very fascinating.

1st ever GGG Exilecon experience over 2 days and there may not be another one for a few years. I agree #300 NZ is a bargain mate.

100% Ethical, most of the time.
"
"
Tindraa wrote:
"ExileCon is a Restricted 16 event..."

G...dammmit. My 11yo is going to be PO'd. No joke. He knows more about PoE than I do and I've been playing since he was 4yo. I promised him this and a trip to NZ. Very disappointed in this aspect and I'm not usually one to b*tch and moan.

This game is 18+, legally. I believe it's 16+ on PC as well. I'm glad your 11yo is enjoying it but he's legally not supposed to be playing it. I'm sure that's at your discretion as an adult and a parent (I'd put it along the same lines as deciding when your kid can have a drink with dinner or on special occasions etc) but if the game is legally 16/18+, it's only be expected it's a 16+ event.

Edit: I also found this in the terms of service, which every user agrees to upon commencing usage of this product:

"
Age restriction: If you are based in the European Union, you must not use the Website, Materials and Services if you are under 16 years of age, and if you are between the ages of 16 and 18, your parent or legal guardian must have consented to you accessing and using the Website, Materials and Services. If you are based outside the European Union, you must not use the Website, Materials and Services if you are under 13 years of age, and if you are between the ages of 13 and 18, your parent or legal guardian must have consented to you accessing and using the Website, Materials and Services.

https://www.pathofexile.com/legal/terms-of-use-and-privacy-policy

13 then, with parental consent. Sorry, your kid is still 2 years under that.

So what exactly are you disappointed in? GGG keeping themselves out of a lot of legal hot water? :P

OMG, are you listening to yourself? "Legally?" That is subjective by country and also you're conflating the game with a convention. There are so many flaws with your post I don't have time to deal with them all. Bottom line, it's disappointing THE CONVENTION is being age limited (the game I can manage myself, as a parent, as you say).
Affordable tickets, but realistically looking at a $6k-ish NZ vacation (travel, recreation, event, food, etc.).

Darn :( But hey free via twitch or youtube!

✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
So I have to drive my ass from one side of Auckland to the other just to pick up the badge on the friday (where there is no actual event for GA tickets) if I want to get the exclusive MTX? Am I understanding this correctly?
"
It's not pay to win.

Who said it was?

"
You aren't entitled to it. You aren't even entitled to buy it.

No but we are entitled to have an opinion about it, something you seem to be implying we shouldn't have.

"
And if that's the straw that breaks your back, camel, so be it. But exclusive mtxes for physical attendance are well within TencentGGG's moral boundaries. I see no difference between this and any other attendee exclusive for fan events -- badges, lanyards, stickers, whatever.

Cool story bro, mind if I don't care what you think about this as we all know you are one of the people who can afford to go halfway around the world for something like this so you're somewhat biased.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
"
I'd just pretend you and your functionally useless opinion on the matter didn't exist. Which at this point seems like it might have been the smarter thing to do. ^_^

Bye. :)

Classy as ever bathing in your self-righteousness I see...

"
Vaydra wrote:
"
frontline111 wrote:
i would have liked to go, but i feel $300 NZ is excessive. i just bought a ticket to Metallica in October and that was only $180

Metallica will make a profit on their concert I'm sure. GGG is going to take a loss of around 1/2 a million to host their event. Check the last Baeclast with Chris talking about this in case you missed it.

I heard it, like most people I'm surprised and wondering where exactly that much money is going. Volunteer run conventions of this size can break even for around $50 US. I'm not aware of any commercial events of a similar size to compare against, but if the current ticket prices were only breaking even I'd find it at least plausible if still a bit on the expensive side. The only thing I can think of though that might be able to generate another few hundred/attendee of costs if they're getting taken to the cleaners renting enough PCs/Consoles to let everyone attending have a reasonable amount of screen time. Even then it still seems high, but I suppose their location's working against being able to find that many gaming systems available to rent or a big sponsor willing to provide them for the advertising it'd generate.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
"
Sure, whatevs pal.

I thought you where going to pretend I didn't exist...can't live without having the last word in to confirm that self-righteousness I guess.

"
Summoner wrote:
I heard it, like most people I'm surprised and wondering where exactly that much money is going. Volunteer run conventions of this size can break even for around $50 US. I'm not aware of any commercial events of a similar size to compare against, but if the current ticket prices were only breaking even I'd find it at least plausible if still a bit on the expensive side. The only thing I can think of though that might be able to generate another few hundred/attendee of costs if they're getting taken to the cleaners renting enough PCs/Consoles to let everyone attending have a reasonable amount of screen time. Even then it still seems high, but I suppose their location's working against being able to find that many gaming systems available to rent or a big sponsor willing to provide them for the advertising it'd generate.

Venue, primarily. Catering and other costs would push that up a bit.

If the convention was being held in a temporary hall somewhere at the edge of the city, it might not be so expensive to run, but getting to venues outside central Auckland via public transport can be inconvenient. The Aotea Centre is one of the biggest and most accessible venues in the middle of the city, so it's going to be more expensive to host a two-day event there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info