ExileCon Tickets Now on Sale!

"ExileCon is a Restricted 16 event..."

G...dammmit. My 11yo is going to be PO'd. No joke. He knows more about PoE than I do and I've been playing since he was 4yo. I promised him this and a trip to NZ. Very disappointed in this aspect and I'm not usually one to b*tch and moan.
"
Tindraa wrote:
"ExileCon is a Restricted 16 event..."

G...dammmit. My 11yo is going to be PO'd. No joke. He knows more about PoE than I do and I've been playing since he was 4yo. I promised him this and a trip to NZ. Very disappointed in this aspect and I'm not usually one to b*tch and moan.

Pretty sure it's illegal in NZ to let underage people into a hard rated event (ie. r-16/r-18), even with parental supervision.

A 15 year old can't even go into an r-16 movie with their parents with them, otherwise both the parents and the cinema can face legal action.
You believe that to defeat an enemy who will stop at nothing, you must stop at nothing. How is that different than "blood must have blood"?
"
I wish I could afford to go, wish there was a digital ticket for us poor people :P

I'm hoping it goes well enough they have another one in a few years for 5.0. This is (hopefully) going to be buy-a-house-year, so dropping around $10k on a vacation would be a really bad idea.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
As i've said earlier. 200$ (change money) If i would have to travel like 18000km to the other hemisphere, than even 1000$ for best ticket is not so much as planes, hotels and vaccines. In real life i am an exile and this year i've planned my holidays in autumn which can cost me like few k$ so sorry. I hope a little for live show on twitch etc., avaible to poe players all over the world - for this i can pay, because many of us are interrested to see how it all looks like.

//Anyway i am just interrested how fast 1000$ and 500$ tickets sold out. Will there be guests like twitch poe players?

//Real life exile is someone that plays poe from other country than is been born in (for example Zizaran) and love far away islands for holidays. The last is only my idea for a community showcase etc.
Well, I was going to buy a ticket even though it's looking like I won't be able to go, but only getting the MTX from physically picking up is really lame :/

Please allow a form of digitally picking up tickets. I would love to have a 'stub' and the MTX from year 1 Exilecon even if I can't make it out :(
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.
300 aus dollars are you guys out of your mind or what ?

i was looking forward this untill i saw the typical GGG pricetag
after the thousands we spent on mtx this is how you show your appreciation

thanks chris/carl [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kieran_GGG on Mar 13, 2019, 8:47:41 PM
"
mopeskie wrote:
300 aus dollars are you guys out of your mind or what ?

i was looking forward this untill i saw the typical GGG pricetag
after the thousands we spent on mtx this is how you show your appreciation

thanks chris/carl [Removed by Support]

You try setting up the event, venue, logistics of sending employees, marketing, food/beverages for them and guests, hardware, insurance, etc. etc.

Chris even mentioned they would still be at a deficit even with selling out all the tickets. It's a huge gamble for them, and they're hoping the publicity will make up the rest in future sales.
Last edited by Kieran_GGG on Mar 13, 2019, 8:48:20 PM
Wow it's even held in Aotea square that's a big surprise! Super excited for this con I already know the quality is going to be even better than Armageddon. Time to save up for the second batch of tickets!
"
frontline111 wrote:
i would have liked to go, but i feel $300 NZ is excessive. i just bought a ticket to Metallica in October and that was only $180

Metallica will make a profit on their concert I'm sure. GGG is going to take a loss of around 1/2 a million to host their event. Check the last Baeclast with Chris talking about this in case you missed it.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
100% Ethical, most of the time.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Last edited by Vaydra on Mar 13, 2019, 9:04:21 PM
So a exclusive MtX that cost $200 to a few thousand $ depending on where in the world you live, is only available to those who are lucky enough to get a limited ticket and have the time and means to fly to NZ for the event. I'm sorry but if there's no digital option to acquire it I'd call that messed up towards your supporters to be diplomatic about it.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Last edited by Redblade on Mar 13, 2019, 9:10:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info