ExileCon Tickets Now on Sale!

"
"
Vaydra wrote:
"
frontline111 wrote:
i would have liked to go, but i feel $300 NZ is excessive. i just bought a ticket to Metallica in October and that was only $180

Metallica will make a profit on their concert I'm sure. GGG is going to take a loss of around 1/2 a million to host their event. Check the last Baeclast with Chris talking about this in case you missed it.

So $180 for a concert that will give, oh, 5 hours of entertainment at best (assuming you also like Slipknot), vs $300 for probably close to 20 hours of entertainment. Quantity wise, there's no argument, but quality is subjective.

I suppose it depends on your weighting of quality and intensity of entertainment I just don't see any sort of hefty convincing argument here unless a person is either a serious Tallica fan *or* much prefers a short live experience over a longer, multimedia one with more personal interaction with folks sharing the same specific interest.

Biases: I've seen Metallica four times in the past 20 years, and reckon I've paid far less for better metal gigs many times since. I friggin' can't stand nu metal. And I haven't been to a global PoE meetup and I find this community very fascinating.

Value is subjective, i get that. what im saying is i love GGG, i think they are great....but they aint Metallica. bias aside, they've been killin it for 37 years and are THE biggest metal band on the planet, they could charge $500 per ticket and probably still sell out, but they dont.(unlike certain singers whos names rhyme with maline peeon)

to use another example we have a con every year in Auckland called Armageddon, tickets to that are usually under $80, granted the crowd there is way bigger, but then so is the venue and the celebs that attend for autographs etc. now what i dont know is what the exclusive MTX is, but i dont imagine it will be $200 worth of value.

also going to slayer/Anthrax tonight, $120
Last edited by frontline111 on Mar 14, 2019, 2:44:07 PM
"
mopeskie wrote:
300 aus dollars are you guys out of your mind or what ?

i was looking forward this untill i saw the typical GGG pricetag
after the thousands we spent on mtx this is how you show your appreciation

thanks chris/carl [Removed by Support]

Yeah I saw that price tag, and I live in New Zealand. $300? Yeah fuck that lol. Can afford it but do I want to drop $300 on unknown MTX which is all I really care about to be honest. Yeah nah. I'd prob be more inclined if you announced what the MTX actually was. I'd be pissed if I paid that for a measily helm or footprints.
Last edited by opeth on Mar 14, 2019, 3:03:20 PM
Awww i was checking all the prices, if I can't get an ultra vip ticket or at least a vip ticket that just ruins the entire 24 hour flight for me :(

I'llm probably still come but I WILL pout about it.

If there is another VIP or Ultra VIP ticket laying around please email me and I will buy it immediately.

"
Thank you for booking your ticket for ExileCon 2019!

Where:
Aotea Centre (50 Mayoral Dr, Auckland, New Zealand)

Bought the regular ticket for now, any cancellations please contact me and I will upgrade immediately.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Last edited by peachii on Mar 14, 2019, 4:44:25 PM
"
peachii wrote:

If there is another VIP or Ultra VIP ticket laying around please email me and I will buy it immediately.

Bought the regular ticket for now, any cancellations please contact me and I will upgrade immediately.
Someone earlier in the thread mentioned you can upgrade tickets like supporter packs, and Bex mentioned there will be another wave of VIP sales, so buying a standard ticket now and upgrading when the next wave of VIPs release is a viable option.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
if I buy VIP ticket can I kick those devs'/QA folks' asses for free? daym, I'd even add a couple of hundreds for that opportunity
the way you cover your code with QA is ridiculous and weird taking the outcome into consideration
is that so difficult to double-check the client on different VMs/physical machines?
cmon it's 2019 not 2002-2004, we have huge capabilities nowadays
and instead people with high/top-end PCs face huge fps drops just because some lazy stupid arse hasn't tested piece of the code
wake the fk up finally
I wish to go but im goin to Canada with my girlfriend to catch some fish this year, so mayb next time :) cos New Zeland is on my list to go....
"There is only one true god in PoE and that is Greed... "

I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off!
"
fabregas88 wrote:
if I buy VIP ticket can I kick those devs'/QA folks' asses for free? daym, I'd even add a couple of hundreds for that opportunity
the way you cover your code with QA is ridiculous and weird taking the outcome into consideration
is that so difficult to double-check the client on different VMs/physical machines?
and instead people with high/top-end PCs face huge fps drops just because some lazy stupid arse hasn't tested piece of the code
wake the fk up finally

did a quick search on your previous posts, i would suggest you try playing poe with overclocking of your 7700k turned off and you will probably find that it solves ALL your problems due to gaining that voltage back to run your graphics card that is being starved due to your motherboard not having enough oomph to run a 7700k and a gtx 1080 at max voltage
(ran a test rig with your components and had the same issues when overclocking, turned it off and problems went away)
"
fabregas88 wrote:
wake the fk up finally

Feature Attractions: Convention Hall A, Bag End Convention Centre
--Dev Ducking Stool. Buff your accuracy, lads. It's time to send those artisans of agony to the deep! 50c gets you three beach balls, toss them at the target. A direct hit drops the unrepentant code warrior into a swimming pool full of ice water! All proceeds will be donated to Exiles Without Borders, a nonprofit helping players connect better to POE servers from anywhere on Earth and some places in the ISS!

--Future League Q+A: Ask Chris Anything! Melee players encouraged to attend in full cosplay. The sharper, the better. Lunch catering kindly provided by Red Bull Inc. and Ruth's Chris Steak House.

--Cranky Greust Appreciation Station. Drop by the rough-hewn stump to sign our guestbook expressing your honest feelings about nerfs. "Balance team. *spits* "
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
How the hell is FISHING not an activity listed for exilecon??!

blasphemy
Can't wait...

...to be able to upgrade that standard ticket coz I missed out on the initial wave due to timezone shenanigans :(

Whole 2 weeks of holidays are planned, flights and hotel booked, I'm just missing that ultra VIP ticket to make it perfect.
So please GGG, save me one, I'll buy it in a heartbeat!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info