Syndicate lag

Recently, as in the last few days, I no longer get the syndicate lag when the syndicate pop up.
It was so bad I avoided them as soon as the gold-winged icon appeared on the mini-map.

So something has changed.
Last edited by georgepine on May 27, 2019, 5:13:21 AM
Good writing, suúppoer never really helped and even friend woith pc 24x times better is getting crashes with lowest setting, fully updated drivers and such its lame already how they dotn look at that syndicate and random crash of evil or at least mke potato version settings for people who dont want lags on lowest settings with 2070 rtx uber galaxy graph card.(i dont have that my friend do)
Lets hope kids stop crying about us getting better pc and ggg may look into it.
"
Andreiev33 wrote:
Crap game, syndicate should grant 10% more XP, at this moment, based on fact that you ALWAYS get killed when you face them.

-AHAHHAHAA true that wise wizard.
Have quit previous league way too early due to this ridiculous syndicate lag. Was expecting that this would be rectified on the legion league, but apparently same issue, if not even worse. Game just lags for some 10 sec or crashes, both cases are -10% exp. This happens irrelevantly to my pc/game settings.

How many months/years should pass before GGG realises this is ruining the game completely? Find it hard to believe you guys (GGG) do nothing on this, apparently given that 100% of other content runs smooth, and never had such issues besides syndicate.

And this is the only reason why I'm missing Crucible supporter icon and sadly gonna quit legion league as well despite my desire to play.
This is still in the game and I have died to it more times than to any other thing.

This is so stupid!
I was outraged at this problem as well. I used an HDD and it was awful, but after switching to an SSD, this problem doesn't occur anymore.

Now I get a mild fps drop when the Syndicate member pops up, but nothing too wild like before. I think this problem might be related to the loading procedure of the Syndicate encounter. With the HDD if I entered the map and stayed still for like 5 minutes, I wouldn't lag during the encounters, but if I rushed into the map it would be certain death due to lag.
Night and day the streets resounded with music, song and the clinking of chalices and tankards, for it is well known that nothing is such thirsty work as the acquisition of knowledge.
- Andrzej Sapkowski, Blood of Elves, 1994.
Why over the years this game started feeling like the League of Legends client. Getting worse and worse in terms of stability.
this is still a huge problem.
i dont understand how Developers dont fix this problem. its a major issue for people playing hardcore.
and dont come and tell me its my pc or hardware cause i play much better and much more demanding games than poe without problems.
i dont lagg when playing poe ever. but when i run into syndicate i go into hard lagg session for 15-40secs. sometimes full freeze's for 3-10 sec.

i never died to syndicate because of it. cause as sooon as i get the lagg i know syndicate is ahead and i can tp. or maybe wait out the lagg witch can take over a minute. and then i can start slowly killing them.

i think syndicate is cool as fuck and have a nice feature with the crafting recipe's u get unveiling items.

just sucks that i cant rly proper farm them. and it sucks that they can randomly appear in maps..

they should not be able to randomly appear when its such a huge problem for a ton of players

if the issue was to be fixed i wouldn mind any map at all with syndicate randomly appearing but as it is right now its one of those things that makes u want to quit playing.
Bump
Wow, just WOW
I find it mind boggling that this is such a huge issue. For the longest time I assumed it was just me or my setup or my network or something. I was apparently psychic because as soon as my map severely lagged with nothing happening on screen I knew the syndicate was about to show up and murder me while I was frozen.

I have a respectable system (MSA gaming laptop) and only see slowdowns under 2 circumstances. When playing a feedback-loop build that is EXPECTED to cause performance problems and disconnects (cool, I knew what I was signing up for) and when syndicate shows up.

Without the XP penalty this phenomenon would only be annoying, but given the loss of XP and how hard XP is to come by at higher levels, this behavior is extremely frustrating (to put it nicely).

That being said as long as we continue to give GGG money I don't see why they would care. If we complain while handing them cash do you really think your opinion matters? And I am not dissing the developer here, let me put it another way. If they gain more players by putting out a new league than they lose due to the syndicate lag which one should they spend their time on?

I really love the game, but since the syndicate invaded standard league I have found my frustration levels rising and I am more and more considering that it might be time to move on to a different way to squander my time.

None of this is a solution, just venting really, at least I am not alone in my frustration ...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info